Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098105 times)

beerface

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5250 on: September 19, 2019, 12:27:01 am »

I can't get DFhack to work either. Also Meph+Vordak graphics dont install correctly at all, they show up all garbled.  I have tried multiple including changing the print mode and running the .exe in administrative mode, all having NO fix for either problem.
As a new player I find this very confusing and If I hadnt fiddled around with the previous version I would  be completely lost and wouldn't even know what was broke and wouldnt have even know that dfhack wasnt running.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 12:31:14 am by beerface »

beerface

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: September 19, 2019, 12:57:09 am »

I have found a fix for the DFhack not loading in the newest version of the pack. you need to manually install dfhack 64 bit. https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.44.12-r2   All you have to do is extract it to the Dwarf fortress forder in the PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack folder.
Not sure if installing a fresh 32 bit dfhack over the broken one works as well.

Jack-22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5252 on: September 19, 2019, 01:42:43 pm »

I have found a fix for the DFhack not loading in the newest version of the pack. you need to manually install dfhack 64 bit. https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.44.12-r2   All you have to do is extract it to the Dwarf fortress forder in the PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack folder.

Hello. I found a solution posted here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076.5250
(It's just a matter of work, but I haven't tested it yet.)

Apparently LNP in the r7 version is having difficulties with DFHack. Maybe the next version will be fixed.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5253 on: September 19, 2019, 04:21:09 pm »

Hello. I found a solution posted here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076.5250
(It's just a matter of work, but I haven't tested it yet.)

Apparently LNP in the r7 version is having difficulties with DFHack. Maybe the next version will be fixed.
You linked to the two posts above yours in this thread... are you sure you posted in the right thread?

I can't get DFhack to work either. Also Meph+Vordak graphics dont install correctly at all, they show up all garbled.  I have tried multiple including changing the print mode and running the .exe in administrative mode, all having NO fix for either problem.
As a new player I find this very confusing and If I hadnt fiddled around with the previous version I would  be completely lost and wouldn't even know what was broke and wouldnt have even know that dfhack wasnt running.
Your graphics issues are probably because your graphics set requires TWBT, which requires DFHack, which isn't working.
From the several posts before yours, it sounds like DFHack was simply packaged incorrectly in this pack version. That is clearly not intentional, and there will probably be a fixed version released soon.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

xZippy

• Bay Watcher
  • ■■ ■■■■ ■■■
    • View Profile
« Reply #5254 on: September 19, 2019, 10:56:27 pm »

I was wondering why the LNP was acting all doofy. Thank you so much Jack-22 for the solution. This was horribly annoying, I tried every solution I could think of.

oldbone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5255 on: September 24, 2019, 10:41:23 am »

DFHack console still doesn't come up for me and labormanager is assigning dwarfs to fishing/hunting (supposed to be disabled by default?).
So, extracting the 64-bit dfhack into the DF folder didn't fix this for me...

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5256 on: September 24, 2019, 06:42:39 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.44.12-r08!
As usual, you can get it here.

This is just a fix for the DFHack issue that people have been reporting - I've redownloaded and extracted from scratch and can't reproduce any problems, so I hope it works.  And you also get a Vettlingr graphics update, because he's awesome like that  :D

0.44.12-r08
 - fixed DFHack, I hope
 - updated Vettlingr graphics to version 1.2

SHA256:  433c56e25479c3be43dffe2952a9daafdda18fbd9b659fa6fc29c590655aa9ba

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Auxxiliary

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5257 on: September 26, 2019, 04:13:33 pm »

Thanks for your hard work Peridexis.

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5258 on: September 26, 2019, 06:40:24 pm »

It's weird leaving a message saying nothing is broken, lol, but for anyone watching this thread and hesitating to update:

This seems to work fine for me, and I was one of the people who had trouble with the previous version. DFHack loaded as expected, TWBT was fine, I embarked without crashes.

Additionally, after over 1k downloads of 0.44.12-r08, there are zero complaints in the reddit thread!
Team Bug Fix!

Jathe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5259 on: September 28, 2019, 11:49:05 pm »

I dont know why but for some reason the auto-updater doesnt seem to work, it tells me the new stuff will be unpacked or whatever when I have it do it, but it doesnt seem to do anything... Is there a way to see a download progress bar or something to see that it IS in fact downloading/unpacking/installing the new update/s?

Kathe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5260 on: September 29, 2019, 03:10:54 am »

I dont know why but for some reason the auto-updater doesnt seem to work, it tells me the new stuff will be unpacked or whatever when I have it do it, but it doesnt seem to do anything... Is there a way to see a download progress bar or something to see that it IS in fact downloading/unpacking/installing the new update/s?

I second this, auto-updating doesn't seem to do anything. Not really a big problem, it would just save time if it updated my current pack, I wouldn't have to go through all the options in the new version and set them to my custom values.
Excellent work regardless, thank you for your work.

Kiloku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5261 on: October 03, 2019, 06:48:33 am »

Is there any chance to get a "delayed start" function for Utilities in the starter pack?

Mostly to avoid this sort of thing:

Even better if it can somehow tie into DFHack to only open the application when a fort is loaded.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5262 on: October 09, 2019, 06:19:31 am »

Hi all - if you're after changes to the launcher, you can find it over here: https://bitbucket.org/Pidgeot/python-lnp/

I curate and update the pack, but don't have time to do more than dabble in components :D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Kraken89

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5263 on: October 21, 2019, 07:41:10 pm »

Has anyone come across an issue with either the Phoebes or spacefox tileset when used with the Lazy Newb Pack where the door icons do not show as doors but almost looks like a wall with a wavy line. It also shows other items like splints and crouches as just blocks. I downloaded the Lazy newb pack fress on a different computer but still did the same thing. I am sure I do not have it configured correctly but I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

On the Dwarf Fortress Wiki for the Phoebus tileset, I can see how the doors should be displayed.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/images/5/54/Zscrn-phoebus.jpg

https://imgur.com/gallery/UiLMMAM

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5264 on: October 22, 2019, 01:39:05 am »

Do workshops and up/down stairs display correctly*? If they don't, you'll have to download the Phoebus set seperately and install it yourself following the instructions for using the set with TWBT (TWBT is already included in PE's pack).

*Up/down stairs should show as stairs and not like a box with an "x" symbol and workshops should have defined features (a Still has a few barrels connected with a pipe, a kitchen has a couple of pots...) instead of any short of random symbols.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 385