Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098574 times)

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5265 on: November 24, 2019, 01:35:40 pm »

@Kraken89 Those are what wooden doors look like in those tilesets. Do your stone doors also look like that?

Mallard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5266 on: December 07, 2019, 03:39:42 pm »

Is it possible to use a tileset like Bitlands (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=172607.0) using the LNP? I've been able to make it work before, but since this tileset makes quite a few changes to the raw/objects, I don't know if using it in the LNP would break something in some non-obvious way. I know that Meph's full tileset doesn't play nice with the LNP, which is why he provides his own launcher, but I've never understood exactly why it doesn't work.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5267 on: December 07, 2019, 05:20:26 pm »

I’m not sure if the tricky part is getting it to work with the automatic installer but i think it would  work just fine if you were to install it manually “on top” of the LNP install. Switching LNP to ascii before installing bitlands might be prudent.

(Said method works at the very least with Phoebus’set )
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Matador

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5268 on: January 09, 2020, 05:00:27 am »

Hi. The program crashes when trying to change graphics in Windows 10, 0.44.12-r08

stderr.txt says:

Code: [Select]
ERROR: Something went wrong while installing graphics
I have tried also with 0.43 builds, and same problem.

Thanks for the help.

LumpyGravy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5269 on: January 11, 2020, 08:55:00 pm »

I can't seem to get ARMOK VISION to update so it works.. any ideas?

FrankyPlaysGames

• Bay Watcher
  • Immolated Dwarf Punches
    • View Profile
« Reply #5270 on: January 29, 2020, 12:33:10 pm »

Here comes the wait for the next utilities/pack updates  :D

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5271 on: January 29, 2020, 05:29:45 pm »

Here comes the wait for the next utilities/pack updates  :D
Well, PeridexisErrant can't compile a new version from updated versions of the included components until those components have been updated, so you should probably start to look at the state of those components before looking at the pack.

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5272 on: January 30, 2020, 06:13:45 am »

Any chance we could get an "early pack" with the bare essentials, once those are ready? Say therapist + tileset? ;)
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5273 on: January 30, 2020, 08:15:03 am »

Some tilesets require the Text would be text plugin, which in turn require a compatible version of DFHack. Without claiming to speak on PE’s behalf, I’m afraid they can’t do much until said utilities get updated.

Dwarf therapist on the other hand, doesn’t require other tools. Once a 0.47 compatible version gets released you  can download it and use it straight away. (Just run the DT exw alongsideDF)

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Erendir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5274 on: January 30, 2020, 11:10:51 am »

Some tilesets require the Text would be text plugin, which in turn require a compatible version of DFHack.

I'm pretty sure we can have some improved graphics at the cost of somewhat mangled text (w/o the TwbT plugin) in vanilla DF, but I personally have no idea how would one do it. So I guess it's learning all those beautiful ASCII symbols for me! :)

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5275 on: January 30, 2020, 11:41:11 am »

I can't seem to find out if phoebus requires twbt nowadays, but I played for years with phoebus without twbt and honestly would be more than happy with a tileset at the cost of weird text. I had no idea DT is so easy to setup. I can do that! Guess it's all about the DT and phoebus updates for me then. Fingers crossed we get a fix for the dwarf-mother-mount by the time those things are updated ;)
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5276 on: January 30, 2020, 01:15:10 pm »

Phoebus' still has a non-TWBT version, though it's not as nice as with twbt. Moreover it seems like the set has been updated for DF 0.47.01, you can get it at github if you feel like giving it a try yourself (installing it is just about copying some files  )

Do note that the LNP offers a lot more (though not always apparent) conveniences other than tilesets and DT. Personally, I'm too fond of LNP's ease in changing pop caps and way too reliant on the mouse controls plugin to forgo them :)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5277 on: January 30, 2020, 01:23:00 pm »

Phoebus' still has a non-TWBT version, though it's not as nice as with twbt. Moreover it seems like the set has been updated for DF 0.47.01, you can get it at github if you feel like giving it a try yourself (installing it is just about copying some files  )

Do note that the LNP offers a lot more (though not always apparent) conveniences other than tilesets and DT. Personally, I'm too fond of LNP's ease in changing pop caps and way too reliant on the mouse controls plugin to forgo them :)
I can't seem to find out if phoebus requires twbt nowadays, but I played for years with phoebus without twbt and honestly would be more than happy with a tileset at the cost of weird text. I had no idea DT is so easy to setup. I can do that! Guess it's all about the DT and phoebus updates for me then. Fingers crossed we get a fix for the dwarf-mother-mount by the time those things are updated ;)

I got Phoebus to work last night using the 47.01 github link, info posted on reddit.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5278 on: January 30, 2020, 04:07:29 pm »

DT isn't dependent on DFHack as such, but it is dependent on address offset information that's gathered as part of the DFHack mapping process, which would be pointless to duplicate rather than assist.

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5279 on: January 31, 2020, 09:10:15 am »

Totally agree. I don't mean to diminish the LNP at all. There's a ton of features and conveniences I rely on all the time. But I could make do with a tileset and DT if needs arise was all I'm saying ;)

I'll give that phoebus distribution a shot. Do I have a feeling my job allocation may end up being a bit lacking ;)

Cheers
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 385