Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098187 times)

Markonj

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5445 on: May 17, 2020, 06:07:22 pm »

Hey guys, so I have a problem, namely I can't get the starter pack to run at all. When I try to run it, it asks for permission, and then nothing opens. I've tried all compatibility modes, running as admin, even older versions (0.44) and nothing seems to work.

ghanditron

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5446 on: May 17, 2020, 06:15:14 pm »

Did you put it in a program files folder?

"The pack must be able to read/write files though - so don't put it in a "Program Files" folder."

Markonj

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5447 on: May 17, 2020, 06:34:59 pm »

Nope, it's in a folder on my desktop

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5448 on: May 18, 2020, 03:38:35 am »

Nope, it's in a folder on my desktop

the path to your desktop folder contains your windows username. does your windows username contain non-ascii characters?

what happens if you put it in like "c:\games\dwarf fortress" instead?

Markonj

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5449 on: May 18, 2020, 05:11:20 am »

Same thing happens, i.e nothing. Put it in C and D and nothing.

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5450 on: May 18, 2020, 11:30:29 pm »

sounds like something might be wrong with extracted files, or maybe even the downloaded zip file. i would try downloading the zip file again, and then extract from the new one

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
« Reply #5451 on: May 19, 2020, 12:01:03 am »

Hi! I created a set of .dfstock files for use with stocksettings, and would like to submit them for inclusion in the Starter Pack, Lazy Newb Pack, etc. These stockpiles are organized as inputs for each industry and workshop.

What is the process for getting them added?

Markonj

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5452 on: May 19, 2020, 09:28:24 am »

sounds like something might be wrong with extracted files, or maybe even the downloaded zip file. i would try downloading the zip file again, and then extract from the new one
Pretty sure that's not it, since I've tried multiple versions of the starter pack, none of whom seem to work.

frightlever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5453 on: May 19, 2020, 02:20:21 pm »

Pretty sure that's not it, since I've tried multiple versions of the starter pack, none of whom seem to work.

I mean it sounds like a permissions problem. Maybe try creating a new user that's an administrator and see if it works for that account.

The above assuming this is Windows.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5454 on: May 19, 2020, 04:22:28 pm »

Can you confirm that the full path to DF doesn't contain any non-ASCII characters? (Just to be clear, since this is a pretty common issue.)

Otherwise, is there anything in stderr.txt, stdout.txt, stderr.log, or stdout.log in the folder containing PyLNP?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Markonj

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5455 on: May 20, 2020, 05:38:19 am »

Can you confirm that the full path to DF doesn't contain any non-ASCII characters? (Just to be clear, since this is a pretty common issue.)

Otherwise, is there anything in stderr.txt, stdout.txt, stderr.log, or stdout.log in the folder containing PyLNP?
I have a few accounts, tried them, even did C:/Users/Public, still nothing. Also no new files are created after running.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5456 on: May 20, 2020, 09:35:39 pm »

Hi! I created a set of .dfstock files for use with stocksettings, and would like to submit them for inclusion in the Starter Pack, Lazy Newb Pack, etc. These stockpiles are organized as inputs for each industry and workshop.

What is the process for getting them added?

Pull requests against https://github.com/Lazy-Newb-Pack/LNP-shared-core and/or https://github.com/PeridexisErrant/starter-pack (in the `base` directory).  Thanks!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Warhammerist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5457 on: May 28, 2020, 03:09:37 pm »

Hey guys, so I have a problem, namely I can't get the starter pack to run at all. When I try to run it, it asks for permission, and then nothing opens. I've tried all compatibility modes, running as admin, even older versions (0.44) and nothing seems to work.

Hello, I think I have a similar problem as yours. In fact about 6 months ago mine pack suddenly stopped opening. I was busy at that time and didn't bother. However recently I downloaded the new version and it did not run at all from the start, also it never even asked for any permissions. BTW the vanilla DF itself always works fine. I tried to look for the problem through the Event Viewer. However for me it's logs look like gibberish and not indicating what exactly is at fault. But still maybe it will be useful:

System
- Provider
[ Name] Application Error
- EventID 1000
[ Qualifiers] 0
Level 2
Task 100
Keywords 0x80000000000000
- TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2020-05-26T17:14:37.478869700Z
EventRecordID 14845
Channel Application
- EventData
Starter Pack Launcher (PyLNP).exe
514e2c2f
Starter Pack Launcher (PyLNP).exe
514e2c2f
c0000417
00007f6e
2b20
01d6338122284010
C:\DF\Starter Pack Launcher (PyLNP).exe
C:\DF\Starter Pack Launcher (PyLNP).exe
72000934-787f-4de3-ac48-61ea7d241669

hanni79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5458 on: May 31, 2020, 03:45:43 pm »

When clicking the "Download the latest Starter Pack here!" Link, I get a "Server not found" message.

Anyone else got this problem ?  :'(

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5459 on: May 31, 2020, 04:50:01 pm »

When clicking the "Download the latest Starter Pack here!" Link, I get a "Server not found" message.

Anyone else got this problem ?  :'(

Yes, https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/gtc692/the_bay12games_website_seems_to_be_down/

Besides the official download page on DFFD (above), /u/Hecknar maintains df.wicked-code.com, which mirrors every release since 0.40.01!
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 385