Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098191 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5475 on: June 21, 2020, 10:34:31 pm »

Having the odd issue of starting Dwarf Fortress through the launcher with Phoebus installed, seeing the main menu in Phoebus' style, then everything getting forcibly reset back to ascii after several seconds of loading.
That's what TWBT does - the map will use Phoebus characters once it's loaded. Disabling TWBT in the launcher should make everything use Phoebus tiles.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

DeathShad0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5476 on: June 21, 2020, 10:36:46 pm »

Having the odd issue of starting Dwarf Fortress through the launcher with Phoebus installed, seeing the main menu in Phoebus' style, then everything getting forcibly reset back to ascii after several seconds of loading.
That's what TWBT does - the map will use Phoebus characters once it's loaded. Disabling TWBT in the launcher should make everything use Phoebus tiles.
Ah, I see then. I don't recall having that issue in the past, but I think I had installed in manually then. Thanks.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5477 on: June 27, 2020, 07:16:03 pm »

Is there a way to have DF start with the top left corner of the window at the top left most corner of the monitor display?  I see how to change the size of the window, but not its starting position. 

Sajiky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5478 on: August 03, 2020, 12:11:31 pm »

How can I get the pack to stop opening a web browser every time I launch the game?  It's annoying as all get out.

Love the pack otherwise though. Always helpful whenever I decide to dip my toes back into DF. Thanks!

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5479 on: August 03, 2020, 02:59:28 pm »

How can I get the pack to stop opening a web browser every time I launch the game?  It's annoying as all get out.

Love the pack otherwise though. Always helpful whenever I decide to dip my toes back into DF. Thanks!

What browser / url does it open for you?  I've never had that happen. 

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5480 on: August 03, 2020, 03:21:00 pm »

The only thing i can think of that opens a browser window is Legends Browser, but there might be others. You might want to make sure it is not highlighted in the "Utilities" tab of the PyLNP launcher, and if that doesn't fix it, unselect all the options in that tab and try again.
Team Bug Fix!

Sajiky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5481 on: August 04, 2020, 07:46:20 pm »

The only thing i can think of that opens a browser window is Legends Browser, but there might be others. You might want to make sure it is not highlighted in the "Utilities" tab of the PyLNP launcher, and if that doesn't fix it, unselect all the options in that tab and try again.

What browser / url does it open for you?  I've never had that happen.

Never even looked at the page till you asked. I would just closed it, lol.

It actually opened up my local computer directories, of all things.

It was the Legends Browser plugin doing it. Seems an odd thing for it to do.

Thanks guys.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5482 on: August 04, 2020, 08:41:27 pm »

Legends Browser is a web-based tool that reads files from your local disk, so that sounds about right. Probably not something you'd need every time you start DF, though - maybe it got selected accidentally.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Sajiky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5483 on: August 05, 2020, 03:58:42 pm »

Legends Browser is a web-based tool that reads files from your local disk, so that sounds about right. Probably not something you'd need every time you start DF, though - maybe it got selected accidentally.

Ah, so you select a log file or something similar for it to scan probably.  Makes sense.

New question, know why stonesense would cause the game to crash whenever a fortress map opens up?  Playing without it just now which is fine, but I am curious to see how far it's come since the last time I played. I believe it was still fairly early in it's development way back then.

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5484 on: August 05, 2020, 05:52:08 pm »

New question, know why stonesense would cause the game to crash whenever a fortress map opens up?  Playing without it just now which is fine, but I am curious to see how far it's come since the last time I played. I believe it was still fairly early in it's development way back then.

It's broken in the current official DFhack release, but fixed for the next one, which I'm told is "soon".

If you want a working Stonesense and to help with texting, you can find more information in the DFhack thread.
Team Bug Fix!

Sajiky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5485 on: August 06, 2020, 03:52:28 pm »

I'll just wait for it to come out. Unless it's really changed a lot, highly possible considering the length of time since I last played and this communities dedication to such things, I wouldn't use it while playing anyway. 

Thanks though. It's good to know I shouldn't waste anymore time trying to figure it out.

Might want to add a note about that on the DFHack available hacks tab though. So people are aware not to worry about why it isn't working for them.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5486 on: August 06, 2020, 09:08:26 pm »

Might want to add a note about that on the DFHack available hacks tab though. So people are aware not to worry about why it isn't working for them.
If we're lucky, a new DFHack version will be ready before a new pack version, so that won't be necessary. :) (That's assuming the Stonesense fixes work, of course.) I don't want to commit to anything firm just yet, but it'll probably be ready this weekend.

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5487 on: August 07, 2020, 01:05:23 am »

I'll just wait for it to come out. Unless it's really changed a lot, highly possible considering the length of time since I last played and this communities dedication to such things, I wouldn't use it while playing anyway. 

Thanks though. It's good to know I shouldn't waste anymore time trying to figure it out.

I'm not sure Stonesense has changed for a while, but you should take a look at Armok Vision (but it's also broken in current, fixed for next.)
Team Bug Fix!

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5488 on: August 13, 2020, 10:02:44 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.47.04-r07!
As usual, you can get it here.

We have a lovely release this time, with updated visualisers and a much improved DFHack experience - notably including a fix for the stonesense crash!  So dig in, and strike the earth!

0.47.04-r07
 - updated PyLNP to 0.14a
 - updated DFHack to 0.47.04-r02
 - updated TwbT to 0.47.04-r2 (unofficial build by thurin)
 - updated Legends Browser to 1.19.1
 - updated Armok Vision to 0.21.0

SHA256:  9daa81c9b5f3c8d6845514835609f7d3532dbae2527b38bd0df8253fd2e9f8fe

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Sajiky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5489 on: August 15, 2020, 04:07:52 pm »

I really dig the Meph+Vordak tile pack.

But I'm curious, why is it labeled (lite)? And does that mean there is an even better full version out there somewhere?
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 385