Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098288 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5490 on: August 15, 2020, 06:44:14 pm »

I really dig the Meph+Vordak tile pack.

But I'm curious, why is it labeled (lite)? And does that mean there is an even better full version out there somewhere?

I think it has extra tiles for mods to make use of.

Edit:
Decorations - 250+ (Custom 1-tile workshops that look like whatever you'd want)

« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 06:47:20 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Sajiky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5491 on: August 15, 2020, 08:40:07 pm »

Cool, thanks.

Actually tried out Vettlinger since, and really digging it now heh. They're both quite nice though. Vettlinger feels a little cleaner to look at for me.

Matrim_Cauthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5492 on: August 18, 2020, 01:28:52 pm »

Getting a bit of an odd thing with wheelbarrows using the meph+vordak set.

They appear to be bracelets.

Any ideas?

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5493 on: August 18, 2020, 04:26:57 pm »

I've noticed some strange tiles like that for a couple versions now.  I may be wrong, but I assumed it's just things that will be cleared up once Meph is done working on the official tile set stuff and gets a chance to spend more time on it.

Matrim_Cauthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5494 on: August 20, 2020, 04:02:05 pm »

I guess they share a tile by default, so yeah seems like a steam release cleanup candidate.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5495 on: September 10, 2020, 05:38:08 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.47.04-r08!
As usual, you can get it here.

0.47.04-r08
 - updated Legends Viewer to v1.20.05
 - updated Legends Browser to v1.19.2
 - now fetching DwarfMockup from DFFD due to bitbucket shutdown

SHA256:  16cdb157d593aac721fc95375a660984730168895c16a31a46cc7e874ccf0ddf

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5496 on: September 14, 2020, 06:21:38 am »

Given certain developments, is it at all likely that the current Quiickfort app will be "marked for dumping" as it were, any time soon?

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5497 on: September 14, 2020, 07:06:59 am »

Given certain developments, is it at all likely that the current Quiickfort app will be "marked for dumping" as it were, any time soon?

Hopefully the community blueprints at least would be transferred over first, assuming DFhack wants to manage those. Given the nature of these things and myk earnestly crying out for pre-release testing (with no replies there I've seen so far), an overlap of a couple of releases might be wise.
Team Bug Fix!

qxel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5498 on: October 06, 2020, 01:38:21 pm »

Hello everyone,

First, a great thanks to PeridexisErrant for maintaining this amazing pack! I’m playing DF thank to you.
Then, I’m not a native English speaker and writer, so apologize for my mistakes.
Last, I must confess that even if I know how to tweak DF for my personal world generation, I absolutely don’t understand a thing about modding, graphic packs, the working of DFHack, TWBT or anything like these. So, sorry if I’m asking something dumb.
One last clarification: I use the Phoebus pack, mainly because I’ve started with it and I’m now used to it.

Since LNP include DF 0.44.xx or higher (unfortunately, including 0.47.xx), I have a very annoying graphical problem: my U/D stairs & bins are capital X. It works fine with DF 0.43.xx (I test all the way to the Starter Pack 0.43.05-r11).
I search this thread and try some tips related the Phoebus pack, like downloading the latest version of it and copying the files, even try to disabled transparency (I saw something about it) or multilevel, but nothing worked (tests made with almost all LNP 0.44.xx-rxx versions, and recently with the latest available: LNP 0.47.04-r08).

So, I tried with other graphic packs (Mayday, Obsidian, Spacefox…) and it’s the same.
That makes me think that it’s not related to Phoebus, but to either DF, the LNP or an addon (like TWBT or other), or my personal configuration of LNP (Laptop with mouse, TWBT, no truetype fonts, multilevel view…).

Is someone having this very same problem has been able to solve it, and how?
If more informations (about my LNP conf or anything else) are required for the answer, I’ll gladly provide it.

Thanks for your kind replies.

Q’Xel

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5499 on: October 06, 2020, 03:31:15 pm »

The fix is rather simple qxel (once you know it that is). I strongly advice you that you do the whole proccess on a fresh install of the Starter Pack.

1) Copy the content from LNP\graphics\Phoebus\data\twbt_art in Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\data\art.
2) Copy the content from LNP\graphics\Phoebus\data\twbt_init in Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\data\init.
3) Copy the content from LNP\graphics\Phoebus\raw\twbt_graphic in Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\raw\graphics.
4) Copy the content from LNP\graphics\Phoebus\raw\twbt_objects in Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\raw\objects.
5) Make sure that in the LNP launcher you have chosen "Print Mode: TWBT" (found in the Graphics tab).

During steps 1-4 merge/overwrite everything when asked. You should be able gen new worlds with the correct tiles now.

If you want to use an already existing world you have to also:
6) Copy the content from LNP\graphics\Phoebus\raw\twbt_graphics in Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\data\save\regionX\raw\graphics.
7) Copy the content from LNP\graphics\Phoebus\raw\twbt_objects in Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\data\save\regionX\raw\objects.
Again just merge/overwrite everything.

There might be multiple region folders (region1, region2,...) inside Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\data\save. You'll have to find which one corresponds to the save file that you want to fix.

ps. Phoebus Pack is the best pack!11!!1

edit: Chaged the referenced folder locations after cosmic_charlie pointed that the previous ones only worked with phoebus pack. For anyone want to use a different graphic pack you can find the correct files inside LNP\graphics .
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 04:05:01 am by Ulfarr »
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5500 on: October 15, 2020, 06:13:32 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.47.04-r09!
As usual, you can get it here.

This time around, I'm particularly excited for the many bugfixes in the new DFHack and Legends Viewer - but even more excited by the new Quickfort script (forum thread).  So why not check it out, and Strike the Earth with unprecedented ease and automation!

0.47.04-r09
 - updated DFHack to 0.47.04-r03
 - updated TwbT to 0.47.04-r3 (unofficial build by thurin)
 - updated Legends Viewer to v1.20.06

SHA256:  d8d8b40193a5061f274a2916a34580e3ecc2f18bfeebc723da824f8480ccc422

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

SchlauFuchs

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5501 on: October 15, 2020, 05:11:34 pm »

Not sure if its just me but this version crashes on me using Meph+Vordak graphics and the window size is bigger (my screen resolution is 3440x1440). I played the previous release with the same settings and did not see this. I switched for now to vetlingr_32x32

qxel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5502 on: October 19, 2020, 12:42:49 am »

Hello everyone, hello Ulfarr,

First, I'm very sorry for the long delay but I was at the bottom of the mine off home for work, so I haven't been able to test before this last week-end.

Ulfarr said:
The fix is rather simple qxel (once you know it that is). I strongly advice you that you do the whole proccess on a fresh install of the Starter Pack.

1) Copy the content from Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\data\twbt_art in Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\data\art.
2) Copy the content from Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\data\twbt_init in Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\data\init.
3) Copy the content from Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\raw\twbt_graphics in Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\raw\graphics.
4) Copy the content from Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\raw\twbt_objects in Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\raw\objects.
5) Make sure that in the LNP launcher you have chosen "Print Mode: TWBT" (found in the Graphics tab).

During steps 1-4 merge/overwrite everything when asked. You should be able gen new worlds with the correct tiles now.

It worked perfectly!!! Thanks you very much!

I tried a similar thing before, but I messed up in the directories; I don't know, maybe it wasn't dwarfen enough was too simple and I copy too much things into too much (and wrong) directories...
Whatever, your explanations were very clear and I am now able and ready to have FUN(tm)  ;D

Q'Xel

sly_urist

• Escaped Lunatic
  • In yer fort, eatin' yer Plump Helmets
    • View Profile
« Reply #5503 on: October 31, 2020, 12:05:18 pm »

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I am not seeing anything on the announcement window utility while playing. Is this a known issue with that mod or do I need to change some setting on the pack to get it working??

Garfunkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5504 on: November 02, 2020, 03:07:09 pm »

Not sure if its just me but this version crashes on me using Meph+Vordak graphics and the window size is bigger (my screen resolution is 3440x1440). I played the previous release with the same settings and did not see this. I switched for now to vetlingr_32x32
Not just you. I started crashing too and the vermin remains crash fix is no longer working.
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 385