Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098161 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5550 on: January 21, 2021, 09:36:12 pm »

The good news (I guess) is that it does appear to be easily reproducible for me (even on Linux) so I suspect Toady would be able to reproduce this as well.

Would you be able to report this on the bug tracker? If not, I could. It doesn't appear to be a duplicate of the common crashes I know of, so it would be useful to have a report of it.

More details, mostly for my personal reference:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you happen to run into a similar issue on other saves, I could certainly take a look at those too. There doesn't appear to be save corruption, so I'd be surprised if it's caused by something system-specific.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5551 on: January 21, 2021, 09:50:52 pm »

The good news (I guess) is that it does appear to be easily reproducible for me (even on Linux) so I suspect Toady would be able to reproduce this as well.

Would you be able to report this on the bug tracker? If not, I could. It doesn't appear to be a duplicate of the common crashes I know of, so it would be useful to have a report of it.

More details, mostly for my personal reference:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you happen to run into a similar issue on other saves, I could certainly take a look at those too. There doesn't appear to be save corruption, so I'd be surprised if it's caused by something system-specific.

Thank you for checking it out sir. I created a report. https://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=11676
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 09:56:25 pm by ldog »
Quote from: Dirst
For example, if you wanted to check if a unit was eligible to be a politician or a car salesman, you'd first want to verify that there is no soul present...

Quote from: gchristopher
The more appropriate question becomes, are they awesome and dwarven enough.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5552 on: January 31, 2021, 07:04:14 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.47.04-r12!
As usual, you can get it here.

This pack is the last one for 0.47.04, with a nice set of bugfixes and small features for DFHack.  A pack for 0.47.05 is coming soon!  (How soon?  Time is an illusion  ;))
Grab a pick and a pack, 'cause it's time to strike the earth!

0.47.04-r12
 - updated DFHack to 0.47.04-r05
 - updated TwbT to 0.47.04-r5 (unofficial build by thurin)

SHA256:  66e48a825377d2b91dfe437f43c02589d3d6bea2e898967be0b8e2f17c198e77

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

DarkDvr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5553 on: February 01, 2021, 08:23:37 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.47.04-r12!

Hey :) Could you consider adding this until to the pack?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177653
There's a version without music if size is an issue.

Thanks!

sheepish_gorilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5554 on: February 09, 2021, 11:03:15 am »

Sooo, after 2 years I decided to get back into DF, only to see the 0.47.05 version released with all the fixes to the stress system (and finally appreciation for some good food my chef has made). So you can imagine my excitement for this new version.

Now I know even dorf time is relative, but nowadays in 2021, what would roughly be the time when a LNP is released for this? As in, should I hold on for just a few days, or is it 1,5 months so I'm better off starting with the current version and dfhacking the stress away? (no commitments, just a rough guess)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 11:05:47 am by sheepish_gorilla »

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5555 on: February 09, 2021, 02:08:54 pm »

This won't update until there is at least a release candidate version of dfhack. PE doesn't decide when that happens.

clinodev has made a couple packs using pre-release versions for 0.47.05 https://dffd.bay12games.com/category.php?id=18
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

sheepish_gorilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5556 on: February 10, 2021, 02:42:48 am »

Thanks for that, Ziusudra. I'll look into those. Might even try one of clinodev's packages

prototype2001

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5557 on: February 10, 2021, 07:07:50 pm »

Maybe someone can help or point me in a right direction with crashes, I just came from Meph's launcher to LNP v0.14a thinking crashes would be fixed which they weren't. Narrowed down crashes to TWBT. While its enabled, game crashes in full-screen, with a tiny screen(figured embark crashes caused by TWBT is tied to the screen-size, so I gave this a shot but still crashes), crashes with multi-view on & off, but... seems stable with print mode set to standard, at least I went 2 years(in game) without any issues, thats a first. But Vettlingr 32x looks messed up in this print mode all around, the workshops are barely spottable/identifiable and a bunch of text is not correct or is missing.

I'm not familiar with LNP or any of it's tilesets or print modes or DFHack and how they all tie together in terms of stability. The problem is there is information overload regarding looking up "DF crashes", over the past decade and half, I don't want to spend 5 years reading that rabbit hole topic, but TWBT crashes narrows it down quite a bit.

I guess what I'm trying to ask, is TWBT unstable for everyone? Or is it stable on certain tilesets? Is it possible to play with Vettlingr with TWBT and not crash for an entire year(game year)? I havent tried Spacefox or Phoebus but at least these two tilesets look ok on print mode: Standard.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 07:10:17 pm by prototype2001 »

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5558 on: February 10, 2021, 09:49:53 pm »

I guess what I'm trying to ask, is TWBT unstable for everyone? Or is it stable on certain tilesets? Is it possible to play with Vettlingr with TWBT and not crash for an entire year(game year)? I havent tried Spacefox or Phoebus but at least these two tilesets look ok on print mode: Standard.

Hav you tried making sure transparency is off? I've heard that on can be a cause of crashes.
twbt unit_transparency 0
Paste that into the DFHack console.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

prototype2001

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5559 on: February 10, 2021, 10:54:13 pm »

Hav you tried making sure transparency is off? I've heard that on can be a cause of crashes.

No, I haven't, the https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt#text-and-map-tilesets says it off by default. Does LNP change it to ON? I'm trying to locate this setting to see what its currently set to before typing twbt unit_transparency 0.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5560 on: February 10, 2021, 11:00:33 pm »

There doesn't appear to be a way to view the current value, but when it changes, either "Unit transparency enabled" or "Unit transparency disabled" will be printed to the DFHack console. Do you see a line like this anywhere in the DFHack console? (You might need to load a world to be sure.)

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

prototype2001

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5561 on: February 10, 2021, 11:08:56 pm »

There doesn't appear to be a way to view the current value, but when it changes, either "Unit transparency enabled" or "Unit transparency disabled" will be printed to the DFHack console. Do you see a line like this anywhere in the DFHack console? (You might need to load a world to be sure.)

After loading a save and typing twbt unit_transparency 0 the DFHack console says Unit transparency disabled, but it also says this when typing it for a second time, third time, and so on meaning the states don't need to be changed for this message to appear. Well I'll give it a shot now that its done.

Edit: I think it was ON to begin with from a fresh LNP install, I don't remember noticing the black square backgrounds around sprites.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 11:12:31 pm by prototype2001 »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5562 on: February 11, 2021, 12:03:47 am »

After loading a save and typing twbt unit_transparency 0 the DFHack console says Unit transparency disabled, but it also says this when typing it for a second time, third time, and so on meaning the states don't need to be changed for this message to appear.

To clarify: I was asking if you saw this text in the DFHack console before you ran any commands, not after running a command. You might need to scroll up to see it. If you see it, that would mean that some configuration file somewhere is running the command to enable unit transparency (as far as I can tell, this command is the only way to enable/disable that setting, and it should always print a message to the console even if it's run from somewhere else).

That said, if you see a noticeable difference after turning off transparency, it was indeed probably on before.

prototype2001

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5563 on: February 11, 2021, 01:12:06 am »

To clarify: I was asking if you saw this text in the DFHack console before you ran any commands, not after running a command. You might need to scroll up to see it. If you see it, that would mean that some configuration file somewhere is running the command to enable unit transparency (as far as I can tell, this command is the only way to enable/disable that setting, and it should always print a message to the console even if it's run from somewhere else).

That said, if you see a noticeable difference after turning off transparency, it was indeed probably on before.

I see, DFHack does say unit transparency enabled & workshop transparency enabled after loading a save. While unit transparency was disabled I was able to get in a session of two seasons without crashing which is looking really good compared to the other troubleshooting attempts. I would say the crash curve ramps up exponentially from starting an embark to ~4 years in. During the first year its pretty stable, during the 4th year i'd be lucky to go through a season w.o a crash, I need another day to make a conclusion whether unit transparency was the culprit. But this setting seems to be set to ON by default eachtime DFHack launches? Is this a LNP's doing?

If it does turn out to be the cause, thank you & Ziusudra for helping me, i would of never stumbled on some obscure DFHack command.

Edit: Wait a second? your the DFHack creator? I got a taste of vanilla while I was troubleshooting the crashes, didn't know all the searches, filters, and mouse support was part of DFHack, couldn't play without it. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 01:52:59 am by prototype2001 »

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5564 on: February 11, 2021, 03:07:13 am »

So in a txt file in the DF Starter Pack folder - probably dfhack.init - are lines that enable unit_transparency and workshop_transparency. If you find them and change the 1s to 0s it will disable those options again. (Or you can remove those lines or comment them out by adding a # to the start of the line.)

Or there may be an option in the LNP, I don't know.

DFHack is a team effort, but Lethosor is indeed a vital pillar of the DF community.
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 385