Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4109681 times)

RevReese

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing has never been so much fun!
    • View Profile
    • https://terencebennett.wordpress.com/
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5580 on: February 16, 2021, 09:36:45 am »

Hi all, just got the latest Starter pack and have noticed an odd problem.

I have it set to check for updates every launch and when it launches, it says there is an update to 0.44.12 -r08 which obviously is an old version.
Has anyone else got this problem, or is it an issue my end?

Other than that i am having no issues at all.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5581 on: February 16, 2021, 04:00:01 pm »

What's the version number of the pack you downloaded, and what link did you get it from? My guess would be that it's checking the wrong place for updates, but I'm not sure how that could happen.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

RevReese

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing has never been so much fun!
    • View Profile
    • https://terencebennett.wordpress.com/
« Reply #5582 on: February 16, 2021, 08:29:39 pm »

What's the version number of the pack you downloaded, and what link did you get it from? My guess would be that it's checking the wrong place for updates, but I'm not sure how that could happen.

Thanks for your reply.
I am using the latest one from here: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=7622

The version i am on is: 0.47.05-r01

I did notice however that Dwarf Mockup was being flagged in the last version as a false positive but this version does not flag my AV so that is something.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5583 on: February 17, 2021, 10:31:50 am »

Okay, that worked.  I think maybe I'll handle this by creating a trash fort that I have no real interest in playing when starting a new world, and just retiring it on embark.
I don't think your approach would work, unfortunately, but you could try. My interpretation of clinodev's comment is that the transition from the world view to the fortress view is what causes TWBT to crash sometimes. TWBT only deals with tile display - it doesn't care about world history, e.g. how many times you have embarked in a world.

It seems to be working.  I created a trash fort with TWBT off and retired it.  Then I turned TWBT back on and embarked a fresh fort with no problems.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

sheepish_gorilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5584 on: February 17, 2021, 02:27:33 pm »

hey guys,

I'm starting DF again, back with spacefox, but I'm missing some art. for example the up/down stairs are just an x, other items are simple letters. It's the same when I switch to phoenix. I think it's something to do with TWBT. I seem to recall having to fix some files to solve this, but that was a few years ago, so I can't remember (lost a lot of files a while back, including my DF stuff). while looking up this problem I found some instructions from this topic from 2018, but after applying those, my DF wouldn't start.

So, does this sound familiar to others? what are the current steps to fix this? Or, in the simplest form: how do I turn my up/down x into an actual up/down sprite?

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5585 on: February 17, 2021, 02:46:13 pm »

p369 Dec 1, 2020

Days since last incident: 79

Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5586 on: February 17, 2021, 03:28:23 pm »

I think Ulfarr is referencing this post which for me is on page 222 and was posted 2020-11-30, 15:09:15.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

sheepish_gorilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5587 on: February 17, 2021, 04:00:59 pm »

Woah, yup that fixed it! @Ziusundra thanks for the link. @Ulfarr thanks as well.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5588 on: February 17, 2021, 05:11:16 pm »

Oh shit, I didn't know that the page count wasn't universal. I though it would have been a decent "treasure hunt" clue without being too much of a hussle. I'm sorry.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Fi

• Bay Watcher
  • φ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5589 on: February 17, 2021, 07:51:12 pm »

I have it set to check for updates every launch and when it launches, it says there is an update to 0.44.12 -r08 which obviously is an old version.

I have the same issue, and I used the 'Direct Download' option to get v47.05-r01's contents in the form of a .zip file.

Thanks for the update by the way, PeridexisErrant! I've been eagerly awaiting it. ❦

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5590 on: February 18, 2021, 06:51:01 am »

Ah, my bad, I know what happened here - my compilation scripts noticed that DFHack was in beta and pointed the update config link at the wrong URL.  I've fixed the script and my update checklist so that this shouldn't happen in future, but I don't think it's worth uploading a new version just for this  :-\
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

JolsWolf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5591 on: February 24, 2021, 09:44:02 am »

Can someone help me? Can´t open default Dwarf Fortress either.
https://imgur.com/a/wqjsPoK

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5592 on: February 24, 2021, 11:41:18 am »

The error message says you haven't got write permission to a standard file, so one guess is that you're trying to run it from within the zip file without unpacking it. Another is that you've unpacked it to somewhere the OS doesn't allow you to write (like C:).

JolsWolf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5593 on: February 24, 2021, 02:25:06 pm »

The error message says you haven't got write permission to a standard file, so one guess is that you're trying to run it from within the zip file without unpacking it. Another is that you've unpacked it to somewhere the OS doesn't allow you to write (like C:).

I extracted it to the desktop, I play dwarf fortress just fine on my laptop and I have it on the desktop too there.

JolsWolf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5594 on: February 24, 2021, 02:27:38 pm »

I extracted it to the desktop, I play dwarf fortress just fine on my laptop and I have it on the desktop too there.

nvm moved it to my E: drive and it works, guess I cant use the desktop on this computer
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 385