Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098415 times)

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5595 on: February 24, 2021, 07:32:32 pm »

The error message says you haven't got write permission to a standard file, so one guess is that you're trying to run it from within the zip file without unpacking it. Another is that you've unpacked it to somewhere the OS doesn't allow you to write (like C:).

I extracted it to the desktop, I play dwarf fortress just fine on my laptop and I have it on the desktop too there.

nvm moved it to my E: drive and it works, guess I cant use the desktop on this computer

A shortcut on your desktop to the .exe file on your E: drive might work in that case.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5596 on: March 03, 2021, 10:18:02 am »

Question.
I'd like to use burrito25man's DFHack script with this starter pack, where should I place it?
And how would I make it easily useable as the DFhack scripts included in this pack?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 10:32:34 am by Ultimuh »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5597 on: March 03, 2021, 10:51:23 am »

I'm not an expert, but it looks like you should change the extension from ".txt" to ".lua" and place it in your /Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/ folder.

Then maybe open up the /Dwarf Fortress/onLoad.init file in a plain text editor and make a new line at the bottom and put
Code: [Select]
fix-sentient-butcher on that line. I think this should make it run that script every time you load a save file.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5598 on: March 03, 2021, 10:52:57 am »

I'm not an expert, but it looks like you should change the extension from ".txt" to ".lua" and place it in your /Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/ folder.

Then maybe open up the /Dwarf Fortress/onLoad.init file in a plain text editor and make a new line at the bottom and put
Code: [Select]
fix-sentient-butcher on that line.
Already turned it into a lua, but thanks for the rest of the info!

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5599 on: March 06, 2021, 07:25:39 pm »

I heard you stopped including Meph Set because of crashes. This is fixed now. You can have vermin remains without it crashing.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5600 on: March 06, 2021, 07:57:34 pm »

For more specifics: this TWBT change might fix it. (I say "might" because I'm not sure if there were also stability issues before DFHack 0.47.04-r2 - if there were, those are likely not addressed.)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

thurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5601 on: March 06, 2021, 09:57:04 pm »

For more specifics: this TWBT change might fix it. (I say "might" because I'm not sure if there were also stability issues before DFHack 0.47.04-r2 - if there were, those are likely not addressed.)

I've had a couple reports that it has fixed the meph's crash.  I'm sure there are still issues with the wrong tile showing for remains.  that will need to be resolved in the tileset.

This won't do anything for other crashes like the embark crash.

Thatotherguy23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5602 on: March 07, 2021, 12:42:54 am »

I'm getting crashes on Mayday graphics pack on embark, zero changes after download of 0.47.05-r01 except changing pack to Mayday. Doesn't matter if TWBT disabled or not. Changing to any other pack works and then I can save after embark and change save game graphics to Mayday and game works as normal. No errorlog generated.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5603 on: March 07, 2021, 01:23:06 am »

I dunno. Mayday requires a lot more graphics power than some of the others. Maybe generating a world with Mayday is too much for your computer?

I've been considering adding improvements from Mayday to Phoebus, Spacefox, and Obsidian but am concerned about the increase in GPU power needed.

Thatotherguy23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5604 on: March 08, 2021, 03:00:49 am »

I dunno. Mayday requires a lot more graphics power than some of the others. Maybe generating a world with Mayday is too much for your computer?

No my 1070 has been fine every other release for the last 4 years. My 4.8ghz i5 8600K has also been fine. No idea what the issue is, does anyone else get it when switching to Mayday before genning a world?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5605 on: March 08, 2021, 09:14:55 pm »

Couldn't get it to crash on Mac, but when I switched to Windows I ran into the issue. I shouldn't have spent so much time preparing for my journey carefully.

Edit: My error log says "PLAINS trying to generate musical form without speech or instruments", but that would have been during world gen before embark.

I tried switching to Obsidian and embarking again in the same spot, but it crashed again.

Edit 2: Switched to "ASCII" and embarked in the same spot, but it worked this time.

Edit 3: Tried again with ASCII, but with Graphics enables, Print mode set to "TWBT", and TWBT multilevel turned on. It still didn't crash when embarking there.

Edit 4: Tried CLA in the same spot. No crash.

Edit 5: Tried Mayday a second time, and it crashed again.

Edit 6: Phoebus and Spacefox crash. Ironhand, GemSet, DungeonSet, and Vettlingr don't.

Phoebus, Spacefox, Mayday, Obsidian, Ironhand, GemSet, DungeonSet, and Vettlingr all load object testing arena just fine.

Edit 7: I updated the Starter Pack to the latest DFHack and TWBT, and it didn't crash when embarking on that spot with Mayday.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 10:42:08 pm by jecowa »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5606 on: March 10, 2021, 05:57:30 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.47.05-r02!
As usual, you can get it here.

This update brings us stable versions of DFHack and TwbT - and with them, some new-and-improved graphics packs!  You may already know and love Meph's or Vettlingr's graphics, and can now be assured that they're updated with new features - and without old crashes.  Strike the Earth!

0.47.05-r02
 - updated DFHack to 0.47.05-r2
 - updated TwbT to 0.47.05-r1 (unofficial build by thurin)
 - updated Vettlingr graphics to 1.4a
 - re-added Meph's graphics pack (TwbT bugfix should resolve crashes!)

SHA256:  d20ca3ac142873d20d0177cd1bed4481f123ac6b7f456a9b74c0b49a5ce96eac

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5607 on: March 10, 2021, 10:37:32 am »

- updated DFHack to 0.47.05-r2
DFHack is r1 (r2 isn't out yet). Looks like the list of contents is right, so not a big issue - just wanted to clarify for anyone seeing this post.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5608 on: March 10, 2021, 12:40:04 pm »

And adding to the clarification: the previous one was a beta, which is why there was a version before version 1.

LordFreezer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5609 on: March 10, 2021, 03:20:50 pm »

Legend, thanks for the work.  To everyone else involved too.
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 385