Haspen
- 12 (30.8%)
IWBTG
- 9 (23.1%)
I'm scared
- 9 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38

Author Topic: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story OOC: Over and out  (Read 44882 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story OOC Thread
« Reply #525 on: June 26, 2013, 05:40:38 pm »

Better hope no one ever uses magic on him...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 26, 2013, 05:51:15 pm »

No kidding, eh?  :P
I knew that while I was writing it up. Wanted the growths elsewhere.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 27, 2013, 10:32:20 am »

Please excuse the minor PUASE as I attempt to finish Chapter 2 AKA Act 1 in Warrens of Oric. That's going to take up most of my time for a few days, I think.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 27, 2013, 11:31:31 am »

Ugh, and we're already stuck in the narrow hallway of doom. Which will probably take 2-3 turns just to get to the end of. Assuming there's not more enemies.

This is going to take a while.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 27, 2013, 11:33:44 am »

Thanks for your support for my creative endeavors, Dwarm!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 27, 2013, 11:34:16 am »

Thanks for your support for my creative endeavors, Dwarm!

I do my part to keep up morale.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 27, 2013, 11:39:02 am »

To be honest, the constant complaining, sarcastic remarks and other antagonism in the OOC thread since MKW:SS' inception by goddamn near everyone is making me really fed up with this game. In Warrens, I can just go HUE HUE HUE I'M THE GM AND THIS SUGGESTION GOT CONSENSUS and everyone laughs because I've been providing a quality experience for half a year now.

I would not feel in any way bad for dropping the game where it stands and rebooting MKW once again as a silly lighthearted RTD (instead of a tactical game). Hell, I get four pages of players signing up for my games no matter what I drop and start, so that's not even a concern.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 27, 2013, 11:41:00 am »

Hell, I get four pages of players signing up for my games no matter what I drop and start, so that's not even a concern.

*Pops in to thumbs up this comment and sig it*
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 27, 2013, 11:47:39 am »

Oh dear, GM meltdown. Time to act penitent.

I don't think we're so much conspiring against you as we're learning the rules of the game. I didn't even get the stuff about weapon elements not applying to attacks until the second fight, and I've have used ghastly slash a lot more if it didn't have damage '0' listed and is in fact, an actual weapon strike in addition to the debuff.

My complaint above wasn't even for you, we bullocked up this fight pretty badly and it's going to cost us, is what I was referring to.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 27, 2013, 12:08:16 pm »

Oh dear, GM meltdown. Time to act penitent.
* Powder Miner slaps Dwarmin upside the head.

From what I've read of the tWoOtA thread (and I can't even find the posts anymore there since the OOC is too much), it's had its fair share of bickering, too. Pretty much no matter what game you're playing, if it runs long enough and is good enough there are going to be arguments- this has held true for the games I've played (Not counting games I've run because I've never run a game past the first two or the first three turns, because I am a positively crappy GM, never had time for arguments to happen); In Deviation-22, there were arguments, for example, oh boy were there arguments. The arguing isn't reflecting on you, more on the fact that the games are being played by people.

I've never seen a game conclude, and it fills me with a little sadness when a good game dies. I suppose I should try to remedy this with a game of my own, but... I'm too lazy to get a thing done... oh well, guess I'll try. And then I can see what it's like to be an (actual, my attempted games don't count) GM, and decide whether I agree that dropping and restarting is the way to go. Eh. Off topic, now.

But seriously; you have been providing quality; and all of us think so. I respect your ability to make a decision to drop a game; but nonetheless, it'd make me sad. Your decision, though. I'm going to go work on the mechanics for my hard sci-fi RTD I'm planning...

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story OOC: Over and out
« Reply #535 on: June 27, 2013, 12:52:33 pm »

I'm not really sure what to say here... I am to blame for some things and I accept that I have a bad tendency for wanting things to be 'just right', not to mention my troubles with long commitments to things...

I just wanted to tell you that what you do is incredible FFS. Honestly, I think that stuff like this outclasses pretty much everything I will ever be capable of in terms of artistic talent and that you deserve a break from all of us. The fact that you get 4 pages of people joining up for one of your games just speaks to me of how much people LOVE your stuff (and I should know, I'm almost finished with a degree about making and selling games after all.).

I'm perfectly fine with having my characters die due to a stupid mistake on my part, that is my fault after all and I don't expect you to hold back because I was stupid, and if you have any problems because of me, just go ahead and verbally smack me on the head to remind me, cause I won't mind changing or stopping what I'm doing if it's bothering you or getting on your nerves.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 27, 2013, 02:06:17 pm »

I think I might have buggered us up a little bit by having Zach go for the fuzzy (who, after the world's most cursory glance ever, looked more intimidating than the boo mages). Here's hoping I survive, and it looks like I will for now, but if I don't, I kinda bought it  :-\
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 27, 2013, 02:21:40 pm »

Yeah, I gotta admit... You're kinda screwed from all those mages... I should have used my shout first, or ideally you would have since I could still help kill that first boo mage. Oh well, at least we've learned not to rush in ahead of the pack now. This is Haspen level of difficulty after all. ;)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 27, 2013, 02:27:29 pm »

Sorry if it wasn't clear from the title, but this really is over and out.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 27, 2013, 02:43:33 pm »

Not joining any further games, then.
One of the few things on the internet that actually upsets me is when people get very angry/sad.
Pretty much saddened me for the day, and, well, these kinds of arguments seem to happen a lot in your games, FFS.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38