Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 51

Author Topic: BM XLI: On Wings of Haven -- Scum Victory!  (Read 96036 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLI: Behind Enemy Lines
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2013, 06:45:02 pm »

I am for that.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2013, 07:35:53 pm »

Sounds good to me. How about you, Tiruin?

Shinigami: Why are you trying to make excuses for scummy play you scum?!? dont you dare try to throw up a smokescreen like this!!
 :P
An emoticon as well as a interrobang?! Do you have no respect?! This is a very formal place where people put important time into this serious game. To be so informal  >:( If anyone is scum, it would be you Lenglon
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2013, 07:44:25 pm »

Actually, no.  I dislike the Jailkeeper because they can do no wrong.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2013, 07:53:36 pm »

Blocking the cop isn't "doing wrong"?

It's an odd comment since it's actually the only role out of Cop, Doctor and Jailkeeper that can have a negative impact.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 07:55:41 pm by Leafsnail »

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2013, 07:55:05 pm »

Missed it. Oh well, I'm leaving for about a week soon, so that'd be a problem anyway.

Replacement List, but only after June 1.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2013, 08:06:55 pm »

Yeah, but there's the second setup...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2013, 08:18:17 pm »

He doesn't know if he's in the second setup.  In any case it's no different from the doctor (his actions never have a negative effect) or a cop (always gets a useful result).

Generally speaking a jailkeeper is stronger than a doctor if there's no cop around (good - a doctor is way too weak on his own) and weaker than a doctor if there is one.  Their power is roughly comparable to a cop (he's good at stopping kills, but his inspection power is pretty weak because he can't tell whether a kill was prevented because he blocked someone or because he protected them).
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 08:21:55 pm by Leafsnail »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2013, 08:31:30 pm »

Okay, that's fair.  No objections.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2013, 09:10:43 pm »

If I in as an IC, then

a. I will not be here for a week in a month or so

b. I will ask that the game be suspended until Tuesday, when I finish graduating and moving back home.
At this rate, I can run it over the weekends (because no day timer) but this is fine too :)

Can we use a setup that isn't horribly biased against the town this time?
Let's do that (I'm just a mod, the people's voices reign supreme). I'll be reading up the meanings of a Mafia role cop and those jailkeepers.

I'll rename the title to an experimental BM? As for now, debate on it. I'm all for any setup :3

Fixed the OP, we're actually all set but I'd prefer if everyone's comfy and ready (also, finals until Tuesday so if I was with Vector, I'd be high-fiving her over the matter...)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 09:12:58 pm by Tiruin »

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2013, 09:13:32 pm »

I'm okay with it, but with Toaster scum still might win.  :P
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLI: Behind Enemy Lines -- Experimental Setup
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2013, 09:38:06 pm »

I'm not sure which version of mafia i'm thinking of when people say jailer. could someone confirm if this is right for what it can do?

Jailer is pro-town, and has a single-target night action, which it can use as many times at it wants, but only once per night.
Jailer's night action prevents anyone else from acting on their target, including cops, redirectors, etc. for the duration of the night.
Jailer's night action prevents their target from performing any night actions whatsoever for the duration of the night.
Jailer gets a private chat with the person they have jailed for the duration of the night.
Jailer is anonymous in this private chat.

is this correct?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2013, 09:46:14 pm »

In this context, points 1-3 are correct while 4-5 are not.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2013, 11:49:36 pm »

I've been doing a bit of thinking on the matter:
Spoiler: Suggestion (click to show/hide)
Seeing that the Mafia are fixed (or...there are 2 vanilla mafiosos, perhaps?), the only deviations are on the town side.

The Mafia faction has a...Cop, right? One that investigates people?

Anyway, seems pretty much balanced to me here--all depends on how the players do it in. The setups are a form of confirmed power roles (so there is no chance of a full vanilla game), if I'm not mistaken.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2013, 01:06:24 am »

Forty BMs and someone dares to do something deviating from the rigidly enforced standard? Unbelievable. Spoilspec plz.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2013, 01:16:03 am »

Dang, missed it. I'll go into the Replacement list please.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 51