Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 50

Author Topic: You Are A Kai Queen, 2.0: Week 3  (Read 53561 times)

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, 2.0: Night 12 - Slow Ride {Tactics Mode Engaged}
« Reply #615 on: July 23, 2013, 10:29:25 am »

Oh, and do note that any decent spacesuit has it's own radio or other type of communicator. A panicking pirate being kidnapped by aliens would probably be willing to give up his location to anyone in order for a rescue. We don't want to give away the location of our base.

Well, how would he know where he is going, when he himself is being dragged by A monstrous insect like monster, and how would he know where he is? that crater that looks like everything else?
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 23, 2013, 11:08:34 am »

Triangulation is a thing that exists, you know.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #617 on: July 23, 2013, 01:34:02 pm »

I am ok with not kidnapping.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 23, 2013, 06:55:39 pm »

While knowledge and power would be valuable, our current priority should be economic. We need a second queen, for the redundancy and doubling of our royal jelly supply. We need to assess the properties of noble jelly, to potentially alleviate the stress on our royal jelly supply. We require reserves sufficient to equip and sustain a population in the millions, otherwise we will not be able to adequately occupy this planet. And we require the capacity to propagate effectively to the capital of the opposing specie, to prevent being methodically destroyed by an opponent that we have no means of defeating. Ideally all of this should be achieved prior to any hostile encounters.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #619 on: July 23, 2013, 07:26:55 pm »

@ Eebbor, I dont think Pirates will be able to triangulate A person, unless they some who get to the satellites that they are jamming themselves.

Noxes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah, Dwarf Fortress!
« Reply #620 on: July 23, 2013, 09:44:39 pm »

All things considered, I'm going to have to side with Grizzly on this one and say natch to the kidnapping. Very high reward, but extremely low chance for success.

On further consideration, it might be very worth our time to locate another (stationary) source of humans and dig a secure tunnel to the site such that we could bring Our Royal Presence to the party and get some quality time with the Humans. We would of course have a massive security detail protecting Us but ideally We would never confront the Humans, just get close enough to narrow the bandwidth problem. Once We have all the knowledge We could hope for, collapse (or backfill ideally) the tunnel to minimize the chance of being found out.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #621 on: July 23, 2013, 11:29:17 pm »

Hmm, sounds very feasible. How far was the nearest human-occupied area? (we should send some scouts out to determine this. We can decide if we want to risk our queen or use a unit of royal jelly to develop the brainbug while we're doing that.)
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 24, 2013, 12:56:25 am »

@ Ebbor, I dont think Pirates will be able to triangulate A person, unless they some who get to the satellites that they are jamming themselves.
The pirates rely mainly on stealth to avoid the satellites. Active jamming doesn't work, not over such a large distance, anyway. ((Primarly, because active jamming has a tendency to give away the location of the  jammer )). A panicking human will start transmitting at random, which will provide a traceable signal to the government. Since these: a)Know we exist, and b) Want to catch pirates if they can, we will attract unwanted attention.

All things considered, I'm going to have to side with Grizzly on this one and say natch to the kidnapping. Very high reward, but extremely low chance for success.
The reward isn't that high really. If we want access to the repository of human knowledge, we can infiltrate their satellite system, and intercept their radio transmissions. Given enough data and sufficient processing power, that should be much more useful than a single  human. Especially when there's a not insignificant chance that the human won't survive the process.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #623 on: July 24, 2013, 03:40:07 am »

No comment on jamming, I don't know enough about it (jamming satellites), to be able to. But, I don't know if we'd have to worry about radio signals much- it'd probably be short-wave, if they bother going out in full suits anyway.

The reward is quite high- we'd have a massive amount of information and all the context we could need. We'd have intimate knowledge of their language, culture, and any specialties the particular human focused on. If we could gain access to a live one, we'd be setting ourselves forward immensely.

Still -1 to kidnapping.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 03:48:12 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: July 24, 2013, 03:57:48 am »

Just consider me a +1 to whatever plan grizzly suggests should I not specify; he seems reasonable.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #625 on: July 24, 2013, 04:05:39 am »

((I am very tempted to put that in my sig you temptress.))
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 04:08:13 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 24, 2013, 04:06:41 am »

((I am very tempted to put that in my sig.))
((I reserve the right to say 'sure, go ahead.
Sure, go ahead.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #627 on: July 24, 2013, 09:39:17 am »

Oh alright, Dotn kidnap, just steal A bunch of there stuff, Maybe A computer and A drive.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Noxes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah, Dwarf Fortress!
« Reply #629 on: July 24, 2013, 06:05:24 pm »

Huh, sounds like a variant of the old Zubrin Mars Direct scheme, except a bit bigger.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 50