Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23

Author Topic: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story IC: Over and out  (Read 44806 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Out-of-character and discussion thread

Chapter list:
Prologue: Under a Starry Sky - starts here!
Prologue X: Catch a Falling Star
Chapter 1: A Fuzzy Situation
Chapter 1X: Fear No Fuzzy

One thousand years after the second Fall of the Mushroom Kingdom, its original heroes and stories have become mere legend. Life is peaceful and prosperous in the residential district of Toad Town. Today is 'Shroom 1, 1000 A.F., and the legends of old say that one of the Power Stars - magic objects with the ability to make your wishes come true - will land tonight on the roof of the grandest building in all the land: Princess Peach's castle.

True or not, Peach just loves to throw parties, and she's invited Mario and Luigi, the two most competent plumbers in the country. She might have even baked them a cake. But, of course, this is not their story.

No, it's your story. You are part of the Princess' specialized security detail. High-ranking military officers, if you will. The word on the street is that nefarious King Koopa, Bowser, believes in the legend of the falling Power Star, and may attempt to storm Peach's castle to steal it. Even if the legend is bogus, you've got to keep watch at the party. After all, the events tonight could be the start of your... Second Story.

Just under an hour before midnight...

It's a quiet night in Princess Peach's castle. Many of the invited guests did not show up, and the Princess herself has yet to make an appearance. Perhaps Toad Town's residents were fearful of another Koopa Troop invasion. Whatever the reason, the guests who came and stayed have finished dancing and toasting. Idle chatter and rumors of the falling Power Star now fill the room.

Standing around at their posts in a corner, the Royal Guard awaits the Princess' entrance so they may get on with their job and protect her to the best of their abilities. A door opens, and they all turn toward the raised platform leading to a private section of the castle. However, instead of the Princess, a Toad with a yellow-brown theme and spectacles above his fine white 'stache walks out. He approaches the Guard and begins to speak as the guests back away, aware of his rank.

The refined Toad touches his spectacles then looks down at a sheet of paper. Finally, he looks back up and addresses the Royal Guard members.

: "Um, yes. Yes yes. I'm Commander Toadsworth, Commander-in-chief of the Mushroom Kingdom Royal Guard. First of all, thank you all for staying out so late. Our 'No Mingling With Civilians' order must be such a drag at times like this."

Toadsworth studies each of the warriors as he speaks, eyeing their weapons and armor for an uncomfortably long time.

: "Secondly: we've received intelligence stating an unidentified airship was sighted just sixty south-southwest of the castle. I'm bringing the Princess down momentarily - this is the safest room in the whole building, after all. Yes yes. Be back."

Toadsworth almost heads back up the stairs, but stops and turns around.

: "I almost forgot: I so rarely deal with individual soldiers. As we'll be working together closely tonight, it's best we get to know each other a little. I know your names, so why don't you tell me how you got here? Always fascinating to hear, yes yes."
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 12:29:39 pm by freeformschooler »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story IC/Game Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 02:42:43 pm »

Ochita pushed some of her hair out of her face, and gave a curt nod.

"I was hired after helping to protect a caravan out near the border, partly because of my efforts, and partly because I happen to be a fairly good mage. Mostly using aquamancy, but I am looking into healing magics as well. Its a honor to be here."
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 03:09:40 pm by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 03:03:07 pm »

Tanky moved one of his little hands up and presented a salute.

"I joined the elite guard in a while, at most of occasions I was just working as a bodyguard and on the front lines, mostly guarding the gates during the night! And like most of snifits.. I just know how to make a big boom!""
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 03:06:01 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 03:44:31 pm »

Inezach stands at attention, but surveys the room and the people in it while talking.
"I've always been good at racing, but I like helping people too. I thought running around after the Princess to make sure she's safe would be a good job for me. The food's always great around here, too." He grins.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 05:35:20 pm »

Vilhelmas is leaning against the wall, his mace dangling from his belt, and his right hand is in his pocket, the skin not visible between the sleeve and the pocked.
"Got here from the military. 'pparently I was good or something."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 09:03:10 pm »

Teressa snapped to attention as soon as the commander had spoke and still hadn't relaxed, eyes constantly darting around the room to look for danger. When they were asked a question, she glared at the others for a moment for acting so casually to their commander while on the job and replied curtly.

"Sir! I trained with my mother for this job, and when I came of age I signed up. It's something of a family tradition, sir! I've been doing this job for 4 years now, sir!"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 01:05:03 am »

Vilhelmas merely raises an eyebrow at the glare of the 6'7'' woman made of muscles.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 02:11:48 am »

A small voice is heard, as Boothany materializes beside Ochi, smiling shyly.

"Um, h-hello everyone! B-B-Bethany Boo, here." she said, with minimal stutter. "I'm a swordsboo, see? I used to be a Pira...er, private entrepreneur. Now I work for the Mushroom Kingdom, my contract on loan from Sarasaland. N-n-nice to meet you all!" She says, vanishing right after.

Ochita pushed some of her hair out of her face, and gave a curt nod.

"I was hired after helping to protect a caravan out near the border, partly because of my efforts, and partly because I happen to be a fairly good mage. Mostly using aquamancy, but I am looking into healing magics as well. Its a honor to be here."

"Ooh, magic? I always love a good show...are you the type that can blow people to bits?" she mentioned to him, feeling a bit of natural explosive envy.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 10:51:50 am »

A small voice is heard, as Boothany materializes beside Ochi, smiling shyly.

Ochita takes a step back, startled by the whole appearing boo, before realising that there was no danger.

"Ooh, magic? I always love a good show...are you the type that can blow people to bits?" she mentioned to him, feeling a bit of natural explosive envy.
Ochita shakes her head a little.
"I only really specialize in water magic, although it still packs a punch! Although, not the exploding kind of punch.."
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 01:27:29 pm »

Boothany blinked once, her stubby hands adjusting her bandanna.

"Well! Then leave the explosions to me, it is um-Mrs. Ochi right?

Anyway, I personally have acquired a certain subset of skills that make me a prodigy in applied explosgioneering."
She said, making up a word on the spot. "...well, I still need to work on my Boo-Bomb design to make it 'humane' under Mushroom Kingdom ordinance laws, and that might take some time."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 01:38:42 pm »

"Ooh, magic? I always love a good show...are you the type that
can blow people to bits?"
she mentioned to him, feeling a bit of natural explosive envy.
Ochita shakes her head a little.
"I only really specialize in water magic, although it still packs a
punch! Although, not the exploding kind of punch.."

: "Unusual. A real magi, through and through. Such a rarity these days. I'm glad to have you and the rest of your competent allies in this detail. Now, just a moment..."

Toadsworth walks up the stairs and knocks on the door to the private section.

: "Er, Princess! Are you dressed yet? Your guests have been waiting
hours!"

: "You watch your mouth, you little four-eyed brat! Why, when I was your age, we waited five hours in the snow for a piece of Koopa Kandy and liked it!"

: "My apologies, princess, I didn't mean- wait, 'your age?' You're barely twenty, what do you-"

~~Player Phase 1~~

CRASH!

: "Alright, Shroom Brains! You know the drill. Hold em off until His Viciousness and the rest of the Troop arrive. Be on the lookout for Mario and the other one. They always show up at times like this."

"Aye-aye!"

: "Oh, gods, we're being invaded! I failed the Princess! Royal Guard, assume battle positions. Everyone else, RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!"

The Toad guests scatter, hopping out windows and falling down stairways to escape. It looks like Toadsworth wasn't kidding about working closely with the Royal Guard tonight.

Enemy stats!
Ally stats!

Spoiler: Terrain explanation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: HP/SP/CT (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 03:27:57 pm by freeformschooler »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 02:03:48 pm »

((Why are the guest Toads not on the list?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 02:05:32 pm »

((Because they ran away, as was clearly stated. Please keep OOC chatter in the OOC thread.))

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2013, 04:31:07 pm »

(originally posted action redacted)

"Let's set up a defensive line!"
After waiting for a battle cry, Inezach moves right 2, then up 2, and activates Charge
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 04:42:45 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2013, 04:41:39 pm »

"Enemies, look out!"

Move 2E, then 2N then hit kammy with an Aqua sphere!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 04:51:02 pm by Ochita »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23