Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Thunder and Ashes - OOC: Community Check. Players Check. Leader...uh Volunteers?  (Read 2111 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Thunder and Ashes - Sign-Ups and OOC
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2013, 06:21:01 am »

Hmm after going over the Applications and much pondering since i couldn't really decide, we will go with Dwarmins Application due to the Heart of Darkness vibe.

evilcherry's American Theocracy is a nice idea but really we had enough Apocalypses in good old 'murica. And while ebbor's Metro2033-Community was interesting too i somehow like the Rivet City look a like more. But do not fret your Communities might appear in the game (when we get that far).

Very well then Gentlemen and Ladies your Applications with the following restrictions:

Your Character must either have a Navy background (due to being remaining personnel from the Triton) or
be a local Native (aka Chilenian or Argentinian since we apparently are in Tierra del Fuego).
If you want to have another background you must have a very good explanation as to how you got to the Southern End of the World...

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
  • Qualified.... Something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2013, 06:31:05 am »

Name: Joshua Moore.
Position inside the Community: The one that still scavenges for items of use (Scavenger.   Yes, this is just a character, because I cannot think of a backstory for a community.  Also, position for any community.)
Description: A relatively tall man with black hair, he normally wears cargo shorts or jeans along with a t-shirt or a hoodie respectively.
Backstory: Always the optimist, Joshua was one of the people to believe that the Government would do something.    Boy he was wrong, fortunately he was also the type to keep a 9mm pistol in his bedside dresser, and as such he was one of the first survivors to kill a shambler.
Skills: (No clue what to put here, so RPG SKILL LEVELS GO!)   Sidearms level 1, Stamina level 1, (Perk because backstory.) Perk: Optimist.
Reason for being in Tierra del Fuego: On a attempt to learn as many languages he could, Joshua went to Tierra del Fuego to try and learn (No clue what normal launguage it is.) the naitive launguages.
Professional shut-in

You don't need to be good at video games anyway, right?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2013, 06:31:14 am »

Just those two? Triton's background says most/part of the crew jumped ship, leaving evacuated US refugees in charge. You'd think they'd form the majority.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2013, 06:55:35 am »

@Ghaz: To be honest I intended a 'Southern area' to really be anywhere below Tennessee :P I left it deliberately open to interpretation, but Tierra Del Fuego actually sounds nice and exotic.

And yeah, it'd be most likely the majority in order would be...

1. Refugees (not solely US/Western, but guess who the carrier picked up first. Make up the skilled labor of Triton, and most of it's military recruits.)
2. Military (Comprised of various nations to support ground operations, when the Triton was launched. The soldiers didn't jump ship, mostly. There's not much of a line between the original refugees and military now, obviously. Those who don't tow the line tend to end up in column 3 social wise.)
3. Natives (Brought on for forced labor and 'recreation' purposes, usually by force, sometimes not. Composed of both skilled and unskilled workers. There's actually a lot of them, almost as much as the military.)
4. Navy (Who stayed behind. Very few in number, but they're also the only ones who know anything about keeping the ship intact.)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2013, 09:16:28 am »

Hm...let me look over the application and I'll figure something out.

EDIT: I'll go simple and make him a Chilean former electrical engineer. KIS,S
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 09:20:37 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2013, 01:36:03 pm »

GWG accepted, Nocamera also accepted...that makes two players...Dwarmin care to lead your community :P

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2013, 09:14:14 pm »

Actually I think of a more northerly area like Chubut, or Rio Negro, just to make it closer to La Plata, but just make it Simple.

Name: Diaz Mauro Rhys Immobile
Position in the Community: Gang Leader, Fisheries department
Description: A middle-aged man with strong arms, suntanned by working constant exposure.
Backstory: Descended from Welsh settlers to the Chubut Region and Italians, he was on a fishing trip when he learnt of the apocalypse, and Joined Triton out of necessity with a trawler. The trawler is converted to a sailboat since.
Skill: Gang of fishermen (1)
       Boat (1)
       Astronomy (1)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 02:15:46 am by evilcherry »

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2013, 09:25:10 pm »

Name: Max White
Position in the Community: Head Doctor
Description: Max is a middle-aged man with blues and thinning hair. He always seems to wear a calming smile, no matter who bad the situation is, and likes to cheer up any who seems down to him. He is decently tall (6 feet), and, although he was originally quite weighty, is very thin due to low rations.
Backstory: Max was one of the Triton's onboard doctors during the apocalypse, and he choose to stay with the ship instead of leaving after the beaching because he thought he could do more good helping the refugees on board at the time.
Skills: Medical(+2)
         Charisma(+1)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2013, 08:36:16 pm »

Bump. Dwarmin, your turn.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2013, 10:12:09 pm »

Eh, I made setting but I had no thought of actually entering the game as a player...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2013, 11:41:35 pm »

I guess Ghazkull need to sort this out quickly :(

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2013, 06:36:24 am »

Uhm, well both characters are accepted. But now we need a Leader for the Community, anybody willing to lead the Triton's Rest?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As we have no volunteers for Leaders of Dwarmin's Community, would there be volunteers for Leaders of Ebbor's Community?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

I don't think Glen would want to be a leader in either community (unless elected, of course).
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
  • Qualified.... Something.
    • View Profile

I guess I could be a leader, if normal survivors are allowed, but if it is RP style, I would prefer to be one that gets off the ship at some point.(Scavenger jobs are good for RP's, plus if the "Crew" get into arguments, go off scavenging.)
Professional shut-in

You don't need to be good at video games anyway, right?
Pages: 1 [2]