Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23

Author Topic: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story IC: Over and out  (Read 44786 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story IC/Game Thread
« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2013, 02:33:39 am »

"I think they are related somehow...

We should really ask them which ones they were referring to."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2013, 06:24:20 am »

Boothany felt they had been walking along for awhile and spoke up again, in a small voice

"...so, hey...does anyone have an idea how we're actually going to save the Kingdom from Bowser? Just, in a hypothetical sense..."

When everyone turned to look, she ducked behind Ochita shyly-as she had now become accustomed to haunting him, and usually stayed close by.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 06:26:30 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2013, 06:31:42 am »

: "Well, thinking seriously on it.. We could get the mushroom kingdom army to help us, or at least whats remaining after that castle skirmish, or we could enlist help from other countries, although I'd believe things would get messy then... And, on a also possible note, we could attempt to see if we can't gather any stars ourselves, to counter the power of the star that bowser has." Ochita rubbed her chin. She looked as if she was about to say something else, but she shook her head, indicating that nothing else had come to mind.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2013, 07:20:29 am »

"But if there's any stars that Bowser doesn't have...t-t-t-they're probably hidden in some dangerous dark dungeons, behind lots of monsters and traps and tricky puzzles, and probably a-a-a really big monster at the end..." The Ghost-girl surmised.

"...but, If someone wanted my idea, I would say we look for Mario and Luigi first...I mean, they're pretty tough heroes, and got knocked out of the castle before we even took off. They might be okay...or captured...or just hiding...and if we found them, they could help us find the stars...then, they could beat up Bowser for us with their star power-while we stand back and cheer!"

Boothany liked the sound of that.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 30, 2013, 11:05:36 am »

:"If the way back to the castle is as long and arduous as I suspect, we'll be a lot stronger when we get there. ...And besides, I highly suspect Bowser has planned far more against Mario and Luigi than he has for us."

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 30, 2013, 01:09:46 pm »

"I think we should let the Marios do their own thing. They're capable heroes on their own, and if they succeed before we do, so much the better.

As for how to fight Bowser, I'm not sure even an army would be enough to really challenge him. I mean, he beat us and the Marios without even really trying. So we need to either use more Star power against him, or come up with something else that's just as powerful."
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 30, 2013, 01:32:41 pm »

Teressa, upon hearing the talk of the Marios, suddenly stopped and slammed an armoured fist down on a post of a nearby fence.

"NO. NO we are NOT going to rely on those idiots again! The fact of the matter is that we, as a country and a government, rely FAR too much on two people and look where that has got us! That stupid policy of standing around and cheering those PLUMBERS, that's people who work on fixing pipes, and not warriors or guards or people who actually fight and protect others for a living, on in a fight against a threat to the kingdom is what caused this mess!

Look: Yes, I will honestly admit that they have helped out and even solved problems in the past, but the fact is that they are only TWO PLUMBERS! They cannot fix all our problems, they cannot be everywhere where they are needed, and they cannot be around forever either. We cannot rely on them, or stuff like what we are currently going through will just keep happening until the day comes that we can't fix it. Things. Must. Change. And they have to change soon."

She sighs and leans against the post with her head in her hands, taking a few deep breaths. She looks up at the others and, for a moment, her eyes show just how immensely tired and old she feels.

"I don't know how we are going to rescue the princess, but we are going to have to do it anyway, or at the very least try. I wish I had the answers, but I don't, so dwelling on it won't help matters. What we can do is just take things one step at a time, break our problems down into smaller and smaller bits and solve them one at a time instead of taking the whole thing on at once. Right now, we need to see if this council can help us, so lets focus on that and then we can come up with something new afterwards."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 30, 2013, 01:37:27 pm »

"But, where do we even start to look for power stars?

From what I understand, there's almost always something like hundred and twenty of them in the world, very rare. Or was it one-hundred fifty one...

Anyway, they are scattered all around the lands-some so far underground, or so high in the ground you can't get them. Others only exists in certain times and certain places, never to appear exactly there again. Those tricky Stars all like to hide, so only something worthy can find them, I think. But the longer we search, the more powerful Bowsers forces become! And...he might find some extra stars himself!

Personally, I've only even seen one other star in my life-before Bowser, anyway. And that ones in the belly of a giant fish right now! Aside from getting ourselves eaten, how could we get that...?

...oh, I'm being terribly un-positive about our chances, aren't I?"

Teressa, upon hearing the talk of the Marios, suddenly stopped and slammed an armoured fist down on a post of a nearby fence.

"NO. NO we are NOT going to rely on those idiots again! The fact of the matter is that we, as a country and a government, rely FAR too much on two people and look where that has got us! That stupid policy of standing around and cheering those PLUMBERS, that's people who work on fixing pipes, and not warriors or guards or people who actually fight and protect others for a living, on in a fight against a threat to the kingdom is what caused this mess!"

"Eeeeep!"

Boothany dashed behind Ochita, covering her eyes.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 01:47:01 pm by Dwarmin »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 30, 2013, 01:51:40 pm »

Ochita, though startled by Teressa's outburst, moves to comfort her.
: "Hey, we're gonna win this. We have to. Come on, lets get to the council. Hopefully they've got some way to help us." Ochita speaks in as much as a calm tone as she can, giving Teressa a firm shoulder pat.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 30, 2013, 02:43:52 pm »

"Woa, woa, stop right there human. Before you complain about those two and repeat the fact that they are "plumbers" I don't need to remind you how many times they saved this place, and how most of the guards aren't able to do much besides fight Bowser's soldiers. So instead of calling those two "idiots" even if they had been around for more time than most of us AND helping people, I would tell you to THINK and look for a plan if you want to see some changes. We are supposed to be elite guards, not a bunch of wannabe heroes or complain about the others work, don't you think?"

The snifit shook himself in disapproval and crossed his arms.

"I doubt I was supposed to remind anyone about that. We are supposed to be the elites, we MUST keep ourselves calm and we work for the princess, I don't need to tell you she wouldn't be pleased to see one of us saying those things about Mario or the green guy.. just saying."

"Oy, the aqua lady is right, we must focus on that. We can't win if we don't look for solutions too. Probably the red and green guy are doing their thing, so lets do our own and see if we can help and win this thing. "
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 02:53:36 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 31, 2013, 10:12:40 am »

Vilhelmas casually follows the others to the council.

The group takes a leisurely jaunt through the village. Crazee Dayzees hop, skip and run throughout the gentle afternoon breeze, slowing down and staring at the Royal Guard passing through. Smoke puffs out from the rooftop chimney on a dull grey house behind some trees. The group decides, as this is the southwestmost section of the village, the building must be the Council.

The house's door slowly creaks open as a grey-petaled Dayzee feels his way out onto the porch with a cane in hand. He stops after a few steps, turns to the group and addresses them. His voice is low and gritty.

: "Ohhhhhh."

The Dayzee takes a few more steps toward the end of his porch.

: "Don't see Hoo-mans around here much these days. Or boo-mans. Or- what in the name of Gaia are you, sonny?"

He pointed his cane at Tanky.

: "I'm Grum P. What brings you all here? Trade invest-ee-gations? Honey Mushroom exports have been down for months. We don't have the resources to get that garden back. I promise we ain't jackin' the prices up outta greed."
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 03:38:37 pm by freeformschooler »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 31, 2013, 10:34:44 am »

Ochita shook her head.

: "I'm afraid we're on more pressing matters. Its a little long winded to explain but in essence bowser has kidnapped the princess, and the mario bros have failed. What we need is an idea of where we are, our location in the kingdom, a map, and also possibly supplies or pointers towards the nearest military outpost."

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 31, 2013, 03:35:01 pm »

"I also keep hearing about out-of-control fuzzies, but I haven't seen any yet. Are they going to get in our way when we try to continue on our journey?"
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 31, 2013, 04:31:28 pm »

"I'm more of a boo-wo-man..." Boothany comments, eyes downcast demurely.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 31, 2013, 09:46:00 pm »

Teressa looks over to Boothany with sympathy and a small smile.

"I think you're definitely female, if you ask me."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23