Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23

Author Topic: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story IC: Over and out  (Read 44909 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story IC/Game Thread
« Reply #150 on: May 31, 2013, 10:10:55 pm »

"Y-y-you wouldn't know how hard it is for some people to tell that..."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 31, 2013, 11:23:44 pm »

"I get a bit of that, too. Apparently some humans think purple is strictly a womanly colour, can you imagine?"
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 11:46:35 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 01, 2013, 01:16:50 am »

Tanky seemed a bit surprised about the question but answered anyway.

"Me? I am a snifit! I guess most of us can just be found on the most populated cities lately.."
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 03:00:15 am by Praefectus Screptum »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2013, 10:56:10 am »

Ochita shook her head.

: "I'm afraid we're on more pressing matters. Its a little long winded to explain but in essence bowser has kidnapped the princess, and the mario bros have failed. What we need is an idea of where we are, our location in the kingdom, a map, and also possibly supplies or pointers towards the nearest military outpost."

: "...Military outpost? Oh. You're a loooong way from anything like that. The closest would be the Boggly Blockhouse, but good luck trying to earn the Boggly Boo's respect. As for maps, we don't give those out to Hoo-mans any more. There are only a couple left around here, and they are very valuable!"

"I also keep hearing about out-of-control fuzzies, but I haven't seen any yet. Are they going to get in our way when we try to continue on our journey?"

: "Maybe. They're swarming in the Bog, and they've completely taken over Honeydew Farm. I wish we could do something about it, but we can only sit and wait until they try to take over our village, too."

Tanky seemed a bit surprised about the question but answered anyway.

"Me? I am a snifit! I guess most of us can just be found on the most populated cities lately.."

: "Oooh. Haven't seen anyone like you before. I thought you were a shy guy dressing up in a stupid costume."

The blue-petaled Dayzee from earlier makes her way to the group.

: "Tee-hee! I knew I would find you here. I found the map you asked."

: "Leaf E., we can't give them one of those maps. The enchantments on them are practically priceless!"

: "But... they said it's 'of vital importance to the country.'"

: "Hmph. So Bowser again, hm? What happened to the golden age of the Mushroom Kingdom? This is none of my concern."

: "Oh. Well. What if Bowser comes and drops Koopas on us after he's done with their city? Then we would have fuzzies AND koops to deal with! Yikes!"

Grum P. sighs.

: "Fine. Take the map, but take good care of it, too."

Teressa receives a Magic Map!

: "This map is special. As you explore new places, it detects the surrounding areas and fills itself out. That way it can never be outdated. There's only a few things on here now, but I'm sure you'll do a great job opening the rest up! Tee-hee."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2013, 11:29:50 am »

"Thank you very much. And yes, it is Bowser again, but this time... Let's just say that it's really bad this time, and leave it at that. If we survive and get things in order, I'll make sure to have your village reimbursed for your expenses, straight from the crown if need be."

Teressa takes a good look at the map in thought and glances back at Grum P.

"What can you tell us about the surrounding areas and the outpost? And are these fuzzies really as bad as you say, that they would actually take over the village?"

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2013, 11:44:59 am »

"What can you tell us about the surrounding areas and the outpost? And are these fuzzies really as bad as you say, that they would actually take over the village?"

Hearing Teressa mention the 'outpost,' Grum P. points to the large, grey-looking building on the map.

"The Boggly Blockhouse used to be an embassy for the Mushroom Kingdom. Hopefully that gives you an idea of how far out you are. The embassy was abandoned - I can't quite remember why - and, eventually, a Big Boo we call the 'Boggly Boo' took over. All the supplies and equipment should still be there, but I can't guarantee the safety of anyone who enters."

: "I don't think the Fuzzies would take over the village on their own. They tried before, but we warded them off with our FLOWER POWER! Luckily, there's enough of us here to keep it safe for now."
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 11:48:16 am by freeformschooler »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 06, 2013, 12:19:45 pm »

Teressa was silent for a bit, deeply thinking things over as evidenced by her slightly chewing the corner of her bottom lip, before answering.

"Umm... I don't feel alright with leaving you all here at the mercy of those fuzzies, and taking advantage of your hospitality at the same time... If we had a mind to help deal with the fuzzies, where would you think we should go?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 06, 2013, 12:36:54 pm »

Feeling as if though, as a Boo, it was responsibility to inform the party about all boo-related persons and events, Boothany cast her mind back, trying to remember if she had heard of this one in her long travels...

Action: Remember!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 06, 2013, 01:14:12 pm »

Inezach briefly ponders how fuzzies managed to take over Honeydew Farm without taking the village, but decides it's not very important.
"The Boggly Blockhouse might be a good first destination for us, actually. Raid the place for supplies... who knows, maybe we can do something about the fuzzies while we're there. And I'm curious to know what's in the Sunken Sector..." Inezach pauses for a moment, looking thoughtful. "As for your flower power... It can't stand up to star power, can it? Still, is it something we can learn to use, or is it only for Dayzees?"
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 06, 2013, 01:38:16 pm »

: "Well, from the sounds of things, you could use some capable hands to clear out the fuzzys in the farm. If we did that, would that help for the long term?" Ochita asks, seemingly supporting helping out the village.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 06, 2013, 03:36:22 pm »

Teressa was silent for a bit, deeply thinking things over as evidenced by her slightly chewing the corner of her bottom lip, before answering.

"Umm... I don't feel alright with leaving you all here at the mercy of those fuzzies, and taking advantage of your hospitality at the same time... If we had a mind to help deal with the fuzzies, where would you think we should go?"
: "Well, from the sounds of things, you could use some capable hands to clear out the fuzzys in the farm. If we did that, would that help for the long term?" Ochita asks, seemingly supporting helping out the village.

: "I would gladly pay you top Coin if you helped us with Honeydew Farm. During the last Fuzzy Flood of the village, we didn't have enough workers in the farm, so they were all forced out. You're going to be on your own against them, but you seem capable."

Inezach briefly ponders how fuzzies managed to take over Honeydew Farm without taking the village, but decides it's not very important.
"The Boggly Blockhouse might be a good first destination for us, actually. Raid the place for supplies... who knows, maybe we can do something about the fuzzies while we're there. And I'm curious to know what's in the Sunken Sector..." Inezach pauses for a moment, looking thoughtful. "As for your flower power... It can't stand up to star power, can it? Still, is it something we can learn to use, or is it only for Dayzees?"

: "Star Power? What's that?"

Leaf E. thinks while holding her right leaf to her chin (?).

: "I don't think Hoo-mans use Flower Power without a Power Flower. There's a lot of them: Fire Flowers, Ice Flowers, Cloud Flowers, Boomerang Flowers... anyway, there might be one or two in the farm to help you out, now that I think about it!"

: "As for the Sunken Sector, that was here before I took over. Good luck getting in without gills."

Feeling as if though, as a Boo, it was responsibility to inform the party about all boo-related persons and events, Boothany cast her mind back, trying to remember if she had heard of this one in her long travels...

Action: Remember!

Boothany cast her memory's line into the seven seas of her past...

In was night time in the castle. Of course, it was always night time in the castle in a manner of speaking, but it was actually night time right then because the moon was up outside. Bethany Boo followed behind her adventurous friend, a little frightened by the blurry light at the end of the hall.

: "So you've never met the Big Boss before? Geez, Beth, are you just scared or something?"

The memory is faint, and Bethany has a hard time remembering their faces. It was so long ago, and she was young (by Boo standards).

: "You know, they say there's only ever a small number of Big Boos in the world. Small enough that they all have names. Big Boss, Boggly Boo, Atomic Boo- each of them owns a whole mansion or more. I don't really know where they come from, but if Boos work best as Comm-boone members, maybe Big Boos work best as Comm-boone leaders?"

"Hehahah!" His laugh stood out to her. It wasn't as playful as the rest of them. It was dangerous, reckless.

: "Why don't we take you to meet Big Boss?"

Bethany snapped out of it and noticed she'd been floating silently in the same spot for five minutes as the others discussed farms and sunken citadels.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 03:38:34 pm by freeformschooler »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 06, 2013, 03:51:59 pm »

: "Sounds good. Teressa, we'd get supplies and we'd not be taking advantage of their hospitality, it sounds like a good choice."

Ochita turns to Teressa, a somewhat hopeful look on her face, nibbling on her bottom lip for a bit.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 06, 2013, 04:19:09 pm »

Boothany felt emboldened by the memories of her old friend.

He hadn't been afraid of anything...

"Y-y-y-yeah! We should show those fuzzies n-not to mess the n-n-nice flower people!" She said, her voice breaking heroically.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 06, 2013, 08:15:37 pm »

Inezach's brow furrows slightly as he considers the available options.

"Well, looking at the map... Honeydew Farm uses this town as a chokepoint, so we likely don't need to worry about being blindsided if we go there, and the town is close by if we need to retreat. I think we should start there, and capture the Power Flower supplies that Leaf E. here was talking about, to prepare for the longer trek to the mansion." Inezach turns to Grump E. "Anything else you can tell us about the farm? Hazardous terrain or hiding spots, or anything like that?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 06, 2013, 08:58:54 pm »

Vilhelmas grows pensive, his left hand on his chin.
"How did we end up this far away? We weren't that high up, and if we'd been shot far enough to take us here, we would be dead upon hitting the ground."
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23