Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23

Author Topic: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story IC: Over and out  (Read 42807 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story IC/Game Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2013, 01:10:05 am »

Luckily, Bethany Boo was already a coward by nature-so it's not like she was surprising anyone by then screaming and floating out the door, tugging at Ochita to make her go faster.

I mean, Bowser had just defeated Mario and Luigi!

And offered them jobs-likely at vastly reduced wages and fringe benefits! OH NO.

Was it time to panic? 

"...This is the perfect time to panic! Lets fly...er, run Ochi! Bowser is really mean when he's got the type advantage. Like...300% meaner than usual! Which is REALLY, REALLY MEAN!

....Eeeeeeeeek!"
She concluded tacitly.

Action: Tactical Cowardice!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2013, 02:37:51 am »

Teressa, instead of being scared, was instead quite furious. She never really wanted to rely on two plumbers, of all things, to fix the kingdom's problems all the time. That was just the policy that came with being part of the guard and with living in the kingdom, and it irked her to no end, especially when said plumbers were ultimately useless.

But what REALLY made her mad, was that she was currently torn 3 ways between glory, profit and duty. The merc in her blood told her that this was a possibly great offer, but the hero and trained guard parts of her crushed it away quickly, and in the indecision she reverted back to doing the most important thing to do right now... Her job.

"As much as I would like to stay and tear the oversized luggage over there a new one, we must get the commander to safety!"

As she promtly scooped the commander under an arm and quickly dragged him away with Zach, she muttered quietly to her superior.

"Sir, I think that it's about time to seriously reconsider kingdom policy about these kind of events. Things are going to have to change."

Pull the commander to safety! Protect him with my life!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2013, 10:45:28 am »

The group decides on a tactical retreat. Inezach and Teressa help carry Toadsworth as they bolt down the stairs. Bowser, with the Shimmering Star still hovering over his head, merely crosses his arms and chuckles.

: "GWAH-HAH-HAH! Hairbrained pipsqueaks. Did you think I was joking when I said this castle was mine?"

Bowser looks off behind the castle and shouts.

: "KAMEK! We're ready. Get it up, will ya?"

Back in the main hall of the castle, Toadsworth comes to. The rest of the Guard continues toward the next flight of stairs.

: "The... the princess..."

The floor under the Royal Guards begins to rumble, and they stop in their tracks for a moment, thrown off balance. Glass breaks, tables slide and dishware falls to the floor, making an overwhelming clattering noise. The sky outside also begins to look a little... darker.

: "My heavens, what's going on?"

The rumbling continued as the group notices the grassy evening hills visible below the castle starting to fade. Slowly but surely, they were rising into the air. Somehow, Bowser was lifting the castle into the sky!

: "Oh, no no no! He's stealing the WHOLE CASTLE! Er, everyone, quickly, think of a plan. Hm-hm-hm."

Toadsworth puts his hand to his chin.

: "OH! There are cannons on the floor below. Normally they're stocked with Bullet Bills, but we might be able to launch ourselves elsewhere before the castle's risen too high to safely escape. Now, I know that's a long shot - no pun intended - so if anyone else has a better idea, I'm willing to hear it."
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 10:53:34 am by freeformschooler »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2013, 11:19:33 am »

"Works for me, I really don't want to be trapped in the air with a power-mad spiky turtle. Especially since he's got star-powers and everything. So, we'll blow a hole in the castle wall, and then launch ourselves out through it?"
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2013, 11:32:19 am »

: "No no, don't worry, I'd open the windows first. Smashing through the wall might actually hurt!"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2013, 11:32:51 am »

"Doesn't sound like we have too many options, so lets get this going before it is too late!"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2013, 11:35:53 am »

"Um, I could probably fly down by myself right now...and go get help...but, I'm af-f-f-fraid of heights...although, I'm afraid of c-c-cannons too..." Boothany comments, shaking with fear.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2013, 11:51:14 am »

Ochita sees boothany's fear, and walks up to her, before giving her a friendly hug.
: "Well, boothany, why don't we go though a cannon together, it'll be better if you're not alone in a cannon, right?"
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2013, 12:02:37 pm »

Boothany blushed a bit. Which was hilariously noticeable.

"Sniff...I suppose, that would be all right...not to be alone when we're...blasted into tiny chunks...but I'm sure that won't happen if you're with me...

And-Boos are very physically malleable, you know...we should both be able to fit easily...um, Thank you, Ochi."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2013, 12:08:43 pm »

"I think we should use the cannons to cripple the airship above us to a degree that they can no longer carry the castle and will have to land or at least decrease altitude. It would also deny Bowser a useful resource until he has it repaired."

Teressa sighs in frustration as something occurs to her.

"This is presuming we have enough ammunition and firepower to actually do enough... Sir, do you think we have enough firepower to cripple the airship?"

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2013, 12:11:41 pm »

: "I'm not certain, Teressa. They're normally stocked to bursting with Bullet Bills, yes yes, but for the celebrations tonight we had them all replaced with near-harmless fireworks. Well, near-harmless in comparison, yes yes."

Toadsworth thought for a moment.

: "I suppose that, if you wanted to cripple the airship, I could try to launch you up toward it from one of the back windows. But that just sounds so dangerous and ill-advised. Who knows what kind of reinforcements the Koopa King has on board?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2013, 12:18:20 pm »

"If you launch me at the airship and I do manage to cripple the engines, that leaves me with no way down... Gah!"

Teressa threw up her hands in disgust before shaking her head.

"That leaves us with no choice but to retreat and prepare a counter attack, which means getting you to safety is our primary concern. Do we have any safe houses that we can hole up in to keep you safe and think things through sir?"

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2013, 12:23:08 pm »

: "Safehouses in the castle? Yes yes. But it depends on how soon the Koopa Troop breaches the main levels and starts searching for perfume and underwear and survivors. On land, of course, there's many places we could hide and regroup. There's still one little issue, though: if we launch ourselves out of cannons from a mile in the sky without a direct line of sight - like we'd be doing now - there's no telling where we'd land. However, I fully expect to crash land somewhere entirely suitable for the beginning of an adventurous journey. Perhaps the outskirts of a forested village, maybe?"
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 12:24:41 pm by freeformschooler »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2013, 12:30:10 pm »

Teressa deadpanned at her commander's statement, not liking the idea of an adventure at all when they needed to come up with a way to save the princess without those stupid plumbers. Shooting off randomly into the night did not sound like an appealing idea.

"... Is there any way that you can think of to descend to the ground in a more... I don't know... controlled manner? I don't think the princess has the time for us to go on an adventure while Bowser literally flies away with the castle..."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2013, 12:32:09 pm »

: "We could jump! We could also die horribly, flattened like pancakes."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23