Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23

Author Topic: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story IC: Over and out  (Read 42806 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story IC/Game Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2013, 12:35:18 pm »

"Wonderful. Just wonderful. Like life isn't complicated enough as it is... Cannons it is then!"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2013, 12:44:00 pm »

"....For a bunch of elites I guess there are too many desperate soldiers here. Lets get into those cannons before it is too late!"

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2013, 12:49:53 pm »

"The longer we wait here, the more likely Bowser or his lackeys are to come looking for us. Let's get moving, we can talk on the way."
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2013, 01:11:47 pm »

: "Oh! Teressa, there may be one more option. If only it were to conveniently-"

A small man with a receding hairline, crazy glasses and lab coat runs out into the hall.

: "EGAD!"

: "E. Gadd! How good to see you."

: "This administration is FLOATING AWAY from the important political issues of today! I told you this would happen with a bumbling bimbo like Toadstool, but everyone thought I was crazy. NOW who's crazy?"

: "That's because we literally ARE floating away. Look out the window."

: "...Oh. So we are. HMMMMMM."

: "Oh, and you watch your mouth about the princess! Right now, we're looking for the best way out of the castle. Something a little more controlled than a cannon, yes yes."

: "I might have just the thing. An invention, prototype was finished yesterday. Entirely untested. Want to be my test subjects?"

: "What ever you want, show me what you got. Like Inezach says, We're running out of time."

E. Gadd pulls out eight red caps with wings attached. The little wings certainly don't look strong enough to do anything for the team's flight capabilities.

: "WING HATS! The newest fad from Gadd Industries! They'll help you control your flight, maybe."

: "'Maybe?'"

: "Maaaaaybe you also burst into flames. Entirely untested, like I say."

Toadsworth turns to Teressa again.

: "This may be what you were looking for. On one hand, there's no guaranteeing success. On the other, the alternative is a straight shot out of a cannon. What do you say?"
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 01:37:42 pm by freeformschooler »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2013, 01:24:35 pm »

"...can we take both?" Boothany suggests, shrugging.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2013, 01:26:58 pm »

"...can we take both?" Boothany suggests, shrugging.

: "Excellent idea. Test both the hat's flight capabilities and durability when presented with extreme force/velocity! Nothing could possibly go wrong!"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2013, 01:35:37 pm »

"Ummm, all in all I'd prefer the cannon-no offense, Professor, but I'd rather to be blown nearly instantly to chunks alongside Ochi than plummet to my flaming wingcap doom alone.

Though both of those are pretty bad, anyway.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 01:37:29 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2013, 01:42:56 pm »

: "Yeah, I'd have to agree with boothany, I'd prefer my chances with the cannon."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2013, 02:08:19 pm »

"I have my reasons to prefer cannons."

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2013, 02:57:44 pm »

"Can't we just take the hats off midair if they start to catch fire? I'll go for the 'both cannons and hats' option. Even if they're only good for lighting on fire, they could still be useful."
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2013, 03:07:32 pm »

"I have my reasons to prefer cannons."
: "Yeah, I'd have to agree with boothany, I'd prefer my chances with the cannon."
"Ummm, all in all I'd prefer the cannon-no offense, Professor, but I'd rather to be blown nearly instantly to chunks alongside Ochi than plummet to my flaming wingcap doom alone.

Though both of those are pretty bad, anyway.

: "Sorry, Gadd, but I agree with the detail's consent. Keep working on those hats, though - maybe they'll come in handy against Bowser!"

~One staircase later...~

: "Is everyone ready? My prayers go to you and your safe descent. Three, two..."

~Many hours later~

Six heroes wake up in a grassy field, their vision still slightly blurred.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 07:24:50 pm by freeformschooler »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2013, 03:13:51 pm »

Ochita groaned, as she came too. Looking around herself, eyes still blurry and with a pounding headache, she realises that Boothany isn't with her. After a quick look of the area around her however, she saw boothany waking up, and so she breathed a sigh of relief, and shuffled backwards until she was leaning against the tree, waiting for her headache to end.

: "Heh.. S..Still alive then huh? I'll get up in a second." Ochita slowly said, almost to herself.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2013, 03:22:43 pm »

(dizzily) "Yeah, I'm... fine... whoooaaa..." Inezach stumbles around, and bumps his head into the info box before falling onto his backside again. "Youch~i."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2013, 03:29:32 pm »

@Inezach:

The info box makes a quick static-y sound before a prerecorded voice starts speaking.

"Hello, and welcome to Miracle Meadows: "where Miracles are made!"  If you're hearing this, you're probably coming from the Boggly Bog. Please be aware the Fuzzy concentration in Miracle Meadows is out of control despite our best attempts to stifle it. Directions:

Pink Petal Village - Southwest
Boggly Bog - Northeast

Have a great day!
Leaf E."

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2013, 03:39:52 pm »

Inezach shakes his head a few times, and then slowly stands up again, this time without stumbling.
"Pink Petal Village sounds like a much better place to ask about beating star-powered turtles than the Bog, so I vote we head there. What's in the item block, by the way?"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23