- 11 (78.6%)
Two
- 3 (21.4%)
None
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: May 19, 2013, 09:23:48 pm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: Glloyd Makes A Map! -From the Darkness, A Map!  (Read 24356 times)

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
Re: Glloyd Makes A Map!
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2013, 02:17:41 pm »

-redacted-
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 06:43:36 pm by Ameablable »

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2013, 02:24:36 pm »

Also if you could, Could you PM me with a better way to keep in contact with you if you do want me to help.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2013, 04:12:07 pm »

Glloyd, as long as you don't break the movement codestuff by accident, I'd be pretty interested in seeing where this goes.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2013, 04:20:41 pm »

Glloyd, as long as you don't break the movement codestuff by accident, I'd be pretty interested in seeing where this goes.

Don't worry, I've done a ton of SS13 mapping before. I know all about step_x/y and pixel_x/y. Found it out the hard way.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2013, 05:32:07 pm »

As has been said before, I'm interested in mapping part of it. If we could set something up so we can send copies of it back and forth, we could get it done much faster.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2013, 08:29:53 pm »

As has been said before, I'm interested in mapping part of it. If we could set something up so we can send copies of it back and forth, we could get it done much faster.

GIT. IT EXISTS.

Well, there's nothing on it yet. Posting a link shortly, along with my two design ideas.

DESIGN IDEAS

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Two slightly similar ideas. These are very rough, and obviously not to scale. I prefer the first, but the second is a long spindly deal, where the station relies on the one major hallway. Also, these are just mockups of a general layout. Can be flipped, or rotated depending on space/how things go.

SO, ideas? Feedback?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 09:08:55 pm by Glloyd »

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2013, 09:17:26 pm »

Put security next to escape and the dorms next to arrivals.  Would make sense in-game.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2013, 09:21:21 pm »

Swapping escape and arrivals in the first design would work.

A poll has been added also.

VOTEVOTEVOTE.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 09:24:14 pm by Glloyd »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2013, 09:25:24 pm »

I keep sorta making maps...
Only thing is i make them on graph paper where one square=one tile so...
small maps...

Plus they dont work all that well...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2013, 09:37:32 pm »

Of the two, I like the first one better, though where would genetics go in that mockup? It's both Research and Medical after all. I also thing it'd be better to have some common areas near the edge of the station and the command stuff in the middle. Civilians can waste time staring at the majesty of space; the command staff should be focused on the operations of the station.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2013, 10:04:18 pm »

Of the two, I like the first one better, though where would genetics go in that mockup? It's both Research and Medical after all. I also thing it'd be better to have some common areas near the edge of the station and the command stuff in the middle. Civilians can waste time staring at the majesty of space; the command staff should be focused on the operations of the station.

I thought genetics was now considered separate from R&D. I do have an idea for an observatory though. I see where you're coming from. My idea was that the command area is at the helm of the station. Looking down on us puny mortals as it were.

EDIT: Again, those designs are rough first drafts. The winner will be changed accordingly. It's just general layout right now. Also remember that they don't take into account maintenance tunnels. In addition, it's not just a small hallway leading to escape and arrivals. The area around there will be fleshed out accordingly. I.E: Arrivals sec post, Maintenance tunnels, etc.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 10:14:00 pm by Glloyd »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2013, 11:22:14 pm »

Glloyd, if theres a timer on the poll you can't repurpose the poll later, it'll jusy stop working after that point.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2013, 11:26:43 pm »

I thought genetics was now considered separate from R&D. I do have an idea for an observatory though. I see where you're coming from.
Is Virology Research or Med-bay?

Also, I think it might make more sense for Cargoina and R&D to be switched, or for Cargoina to be more central to the station.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2013, 11:29:42 pm »

As it is now, Virology is Medbay and Genetics is both Research and Medbay, though honestly virologist do about as much research as the geneticists, so maybe we should change that.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2013, 12:35:05 am »

Glloyd, if theres a timer on the poll you can't repurpose the poll later, it'll jusy stop working after that point.

I realized that right after I did it...

As it is now, Virology is Medbay and Genetics is both Research and Medbay, though honestly virologist do about as much research as the geneticists, so maybe we should change that.

I can see moving R&D and Medbay back beside each other, but I feel like R&D relies on Cargonia more then they do on Medbay.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 12:37:47 am by Glloyd »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22