- 11 (78.6%)
Two
- 3 (21.4%)
None
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: May 19, 2013, 09:23:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: Glloyd Makes A Map! -From the Darkness, A Map!  (Read 24577 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Glloyd Makes A Map!
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2013, 06:38:00 pm »

beautiful.
hey, think you can shove something somewhere telling how to make maps for this? the TG wiki confuses me or has nothing. not positive what...

http://wiki.nanotrasen.com/index.php?title=Guide_to_mapping Is actually not that helpful. The best way is just to open the map up in dream maker and experiment with stuff.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2013, 08:17:42 pm »

The bit at the bottom about broken step is probably the most useful part of the page really.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2013, 11:11:05 pm »

Arrivals is mostly done, here's a massive screenshot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm going to get the hallway layout done, then open up the github so people can help with mapping.

Want a specific area to yourself to map?

Now's the time to ask!

I want to do command, dorms, rec and possibly Sec myself for sure. All the other areas can be chosen though. Of course, if no one wants to do them, I'll just keep going on myself.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Glloyd Makes A Map! -A Wild Design Appears!
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2013, 11:17:25 pm »

Looks great! I think I will just watch the github so I don't have to beg for pics.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2013, 11:47:59 pm »

Alright, the general hallway layout is in. Still subject to change of course, but that should be it, at least for the main hallways.

https://github.com/Glloyd/UristMcStation and on the OP. Let me know what section you want to do, and I'll add it to the OP.

Remember, this git is mainly only for mapping. Unless you have any cool furniture ideas, they can go here too. Anything else you want added to the game goes to https://github.com/AndroidSFV/UMcS
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 11:58:40 pm by Glloyd »

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2013, 12:01:01 am »

I would like to try and work on dorms, if possible.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2013, 02:24:16 am »

I would love to do atmos and maybe disposals.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2013, 05:25:07 am »

If I knew how to map I would love to do something like this >.> Can someone point me in the right direction?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2013, 05:38:25 am »

Download the git, mess around till you discover how it works?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2013, 10:00:03 am »

You just took care of a major problem for me.

I'll gladly take the botanics/bar/kitchen combo, because I already kind of have a plan... Are we going to have someone draw out the general hallway chassis or is this as decentralized as decentralized things go?

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2013, 10:16:14 am »

Hmm.... If I have time (i.e. after next week) I'd like to do engineering, but I have no experience with the map editor.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2013, 11:12:25 am »

I'll gladly take the botanics/bar/kitchen combo, because I already kind of have a plan... Are we going to have someone draw out the general hallway chassis or is this as decentralized as decentralized things go?

The hallway chassis is done, I drew it out, and added it to the github. Feel free to fork it and go, but remember to keep it updated, as I'm constantly working on this. Maiuw, if you want to do disposals and power, want to wait to the end until everything is laid out?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2013, 11:14:12 am »

Alright, and I suggested to do disposals and atmos, not disposals and power.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2013, 11:15:15 am »

My bad. I've got powernets on the mind.

Go for it! The actual map is flipped 90* from the design, so botany/bar/kitchen is the bottom right square of the four central squares.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 11:17:00 am by Glloyd »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2013, 11:40:39 am »

Hmm. I see you made the map from Spacebattle map, didn't you?

I'm not sure if drawing the entire main hallway setup just yet is a good idea - I like the shape, but as it stands, we will end up with 4 awkwardly square departments with not much to be done about making their shape more interesting without messing with the hallways.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22