Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Woodless, powerless, waterless repeater, plus maybe a latch  (Read 8663 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Woodless, powerless, waterless repeater, plus maybe a latch
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2013, 01:26:44 am »

I'd use autohot key, You can easily just make it alt tab if you're only using 2 windows, make sure you don't have the keystroke set too low though, theres a short lag between the Alt Tab and the screen actually recognising the next input, I think i found 50 Mili seconds was enough.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Oaktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Woodless, powerless, waterless repeater, plus maybe a latch
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2013, 10:34:03 pm »

Have another variation on the hatch-controlled repeater.  A little more space used, but this design has a confirmed ~150 tick cycle and no oscillation in lap speed requiring a secondary speed control loop. 

Description:
Basically a 8x7 four corner track loop - with a minor vertical twist.  The impetus for the loop is provided by dropping a mine cart onto an impulse ramp in the southeast corner of the loop.  The cart moves around the loop and then on the south part of the loop two impulse ramps are used to raise the cart two Z-levels.  The cart then runs into a dead-end over a hole corresponding to the southeast corner of the loop.  A hatch on a lever is at this spot.  If open, the cart loses all speed and drops two Z-levels to land on the first impulse ramp and starts the loop again.  If the hatch is closed the cart stops on top of the hatch and sits there.  The repeater is restarted simply by pulling the lever and opening the hatch.

Code: [Select]
Z+0                     Z+1                Z+2   

+======+
|      |
|      |
|      |
|      |
|      |
+===2  1                r3 r                  r=H

1= NE track-ramp
2= NE track-ramp
3= NE track-ramp
H= Hatch over hole
r  = top of ramp built on lower level

Note: moving the 2nd ramp one space left and adding a piece of straight track between the top of the 2nd ramp and the 3rd ramp should make construction a little easier.  However, it has not been tested how (if) this affect the time the cart takes to run the loop.
Armorer McUrist cancels forge steel mailshirt, interrupted by minecart
Pages: 1 [2]