Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should the next version of this be packaged?

Installer
- 7 (70%)
Single package
- 3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: [Outdated] Mac: General help, suggestions, and bug reports (v3b r1)  (Read 26996 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is very outdated and unlikely to be maintained. Some alternatives:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 09:31:21 am by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MAC] General help, suggestions, and bug reports (v3a)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 08:34:51 pm »

Spoiler: r1 hotfix link (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 03:35:43 pm by lethosor »

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Sunday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 06:01:27 pm »

Thanks for this!

Tried Masterwork a long time ago, but it kept crashing . . .

Your version works, though!

NyoroLu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 11:11:16 pm »

Would I be able to edit the settings in a Windows emulator then copy the edited settings there to the appropriate folders on Mac?
It's hard to do much of anything without Settings.exe  :'(

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 03:08:25 pm »

Would I be able to edit the settings in a Windows emulator then copy the edited settings there to the appropriate folders on Mac?
It's hard to do much of anything without Settings.exe  :'(
This should work as long as you make sure you copy all of the files you need (it's probably easiest to copy the entire raw/ folder). Good idea :)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 03:08:04 pm »

I made an experimental GUI, available for download here. Note that it uses Tkinter, a Python library which you might need to install. Right now it's just a launcher for DF and a couple utilities, but I'm thinking about adding some game-related options as well. Suggestions are appreciated :)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MAC] General help, suggestions, and bug reports (v3a r2)
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 06:41:26 pm »

I added working versions of the macros (thanks to jellsprout's Linux version), and packaged them in a hotfix, available for download here. I think I included all of them, but let me know if I left one out. :)

Mecha_Sushi_X

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 01:07:37 pm »

First off thank you so much for making a port of Masterwork DF for Mac. But I am having problems trying to get the Phoebus tile set to work. How to I install it for this mod, or any tileset to see if it will work for me? Phoebus' instructions are for Windows only. Have been dying to play this game but its so hard on Mac and cant afford building a PC right now. Any help would be appreciated. Also I couldn't get your GUI to work or figure out its use in starting MwDF.

Mecha_Sushi_X

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 02:49:45 pm »

Wanted to give the error report of the Mac version crash whenever "B" is typed. I put it in the SPOILER. Again thank you for doing this absolutely amazing mod. Even if I only see it in lets plays it is amazing, and cant wait for a version that works on Macs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 03:11:26 pm »

I haven't tried Phoebus yet, but I'll give it a shot and see if I can make it work :)
I don't have access to 10.8, which means I can't test the GUI on it :( (although I'm still considering upgrading). It wouldn't surprise me if the GUI doesn't work – Python's GUI libraries are pretty unreliable, and there are a number of issues with 10.8. I'll try to find a better solution (but I don't like Objective-C or C much :( ). Anyway, right now the GUI just launches DF and a few utilities, so you're not missing out on anything important.

A couple suggestions for the "b" crash:
- It might be an issue with TrueType (which causes a lot of problems). If you're using it, try turning it off temporarily. It was, moved to top for future reference.
    Edit: The easiest way to do this is probably changing [TRUETYPE:YES] to [TRUETYPE:NO] in the init.txt file and restarting DF, or F12 if Dashboard is disabled (you could also change the keybinding for TrueType)
- Are you running dfhack? If you are, try running DF by itself to see if the crash repeats itself.
- Try 'b' on the main screen and see if it crashes. If not, it's probably an issue with a specific keybinding. Try recording a macro and saving it (with <Ctrl-R> < b > <Ctrl-R> <Ctrl-S>), then sending me the file in {DF}/data/init/macros/ (this is an easy way to check all the keybindings bound to a specific key).
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 04:00:56 pm by lethosor »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 09:00:31 pm »

TrueType. Turn it off, euther in the gui, the init or with F12 and try again.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mecha_Sushi_X

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2013, 10:44:20 pm »

To Lethosor and Meph, thank you. Turning off TrueType on the int file fixed the "B" crash  :) Thank you both a million. Still only playing the 2f version, for the graphics, but it is still amazing. Can't help but feel fixing bugs and working in the files is somewhat "dwarfy" and "fun"  ;)  Can't wait to see what you guys keep working on. To Lethosor, all the coding is far beyond me and to you and Meph I am simply amazed about all that you guys on this forum have put out. Keep up the great work. Really, you guys rock!!!  8)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2013, 03:48:50 pm »

I made a separate installer for the raws here, which hopefully works – it just installs the raws, not anything else. It still requires a new world to use the new raws (like most mods), but it lets you keep your current init/art files.

Mecha_Sushi_X: This should hopefully allow you to use most v3a features with your current setup. Hope it helps :)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 03:32:36 pm by lethosor »

Mecha_Sushi_X

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2013, 07:16:30 pm »

A thousand kudos to lethosor. Thank you for the update. Havent be able to play much to test out all the updates, honestly haven't played much of Masterwork DF to know the difference  :P  Only think I noticed was the sound doesn't seem to work and oddly there were no plump helmets when I am trying to embark, no PH spawn or a couple other dwarven drinks either.  :'( Either way just wanted to say thanks for all your good work and I really appreciate your help.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2013, 03:49:23 pm »

I think a missing plant usually means your civ doesn't have access to it (which is especially unfortunate with plump helmets :(). You might be able to choose another civ when you embark, but there's not much you can do once you've started a fortress. Fortunately, other caravans will probably bring them. :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7