Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to choose the human race?  (Read 2097 times)

ordenrahl

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
How to choose the human race?
« on: October 14, 2014, 04:02:06 am »

Aloha,

I have been trying to get a human game going, and once I thought I had it figured out I had a human embark but none of the special workshops.

How do you actually select the human race? I allowed human forts on the Civilizations tab in the Masterwork Launcher. And once I chose an embark location I had "Human Start" options so I thought I was successful only to find I had only dwarven building options.

Once you enable human forts in the settings,  where do you actually choose to be human?

Thanks!

ordenrahl

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: How to choose the human race?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 04:40:13 am »

Ok I got it, looks like I had the dwarven and human fort options selected.  I restarted with only the human fort option selected and have the correct buildings now.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 08:34:26 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=143091.msg5619893#msg5619893
I really wish I could find that graphical explanation I made for this... I posted it a long time ago, but I have no idea how to find it. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hefateus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 07:00:56 pm »

When you tab to your neighbors screen whatever the top one is, is what you will play as. Just that simple. I can never remember and some of the races share the same icons in the world.