Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should the next version of this be packaged?

Installer
- 7 (70%)
Single package
- 3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: [Outdated] Mac: General help, suggestions, and bug reports (v3b r1)  (Read 27437 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [MAC] General help, suggestions, and bug reports (v3a r2)
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 03:35:11 am »

Missing plants happen if the first cavern is dry... there are no plants or grass in it, so nothing to harvest for the dwarf civ. Gen another world, or try embarking somewhere else...

Shouldnt happen with the included worldgen settings for the advanced worldgen btw... must have been the standard worldgen, which is not recommended.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Required Information

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2013, 10:35:43 am »

Awesome! Finally I can build a temple to Armok! No more 20-dwarf forts invaded by cultists with no cure.

I also notice Orc Fortress files in the download, is this workable for mac as well?

Experiment 1: I embarked with 7 peasant fluffy wamblers. Let's see what the migrants will bring
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 02:37:24 pm by Required Information »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2013, 08:36:04 pm »

I've been working (or at least thinking about working) on a possible GUI for the past few days, but I'll work on updating to 3b next. I should have a new version out in a day or two.

Required Information: Orc Fortress should work theoretically, as long as you manage to edit the right files. I haven't tried it myself, but I should get around to looking at the source code for the Windows GUI soon (you can find it here, if you want to look at it yourself).

DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MAC] General help, suggestions, and bug reports (v3b r1)
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2013, 01:52:46 pm »

I finally got around to updating to v3b. I haven't run into any problems yet, but let me know if you find any.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Cato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2013, 02:10:31 pm »

Good work, the base release seems to work, but I was left with a few questions regarding the dfhack component. Namely I noticed that it didn't include some of the utility plugins mentioned in the changelog for the v3b version and when I tried to add them manually it complained about the dfhack version.
Plugin automaterial was not built for this version of DFHack.
Plugin: 0.34.11-r3, DFHack: 0.34.11-r2
I remember that masterwork updated to dfhack r3 some time ago but when I tried to manually update the dfhack version I encountered a world gen crash. The crash occurs whenever I combine the current masterwork raws with the dfhack r3 release. The raws work fine with the r2 release and the r3 release works fine with the vanilla raws but when put together the two crash at worldgen. Do you know anything about this? Is this a known issue and hence why the v3b version here uses r2?

Required Information

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2013, 04:16:29 pm »

Got two weeks of exams left, so after that I'll look into it a bit more.

Then again, the new version should also be coming soon, so might wait with too much work. How long does it usually take to update a big mod to a new DF version? A month? Two?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2013, 07:45:33 pm »

Plugin automaterial was not built for this version of DFHack.
Plugin: 0.34.11-r3, DFHack: 0.34.11-r2
I remember that masterwork updated to dfhack r3 some time ago but when I tried to manually update the dfhack version I encountered a world gen crash. The crash occurs whenever I combine the current masterwork raws with the dfhack r3 release. The raws work fine with the r2 release and the r3 release works fine with the vanilla raws but when put together the two crash at worldgen. Do you know anything about this? Is this a known issue and hence why the v3b version here uses r2?
I was pretty sure I bundled r3, but I might have accidentally copied an older version instead. (The last Mac build of dfhack seems to be outdated, so it's entirely possible that a few newer plugins don't work on it). There is a fix for a worldgen crash in v3b in this thread, which may or may not work in your situation.
Unfortunately, I'll be unable to experiment with this for a few days, since I don't have access to my usual computer :(.
I've tried to compile dfhack on my own, but it's been unwilling to compile for me so far :(. Hopefully compiling it will be able to fix most of the compatibility issues (when I get around to it, that is).

Got two weeks of exams left, so after that I'll look into it a bit more.

Then again, the new version should also be coming soon, so might wait with too much work. How long does it usually take to update a big mod to a new DF version? A month? Two?
Probably a long time (especially since this is such a large mod, and Meph is on vacation). I'm not exactly sure how many raw-related things are changing in the new version (trees are definitely a major change, but I'm not sure how retiring/unretiring and other additions would affect the raws). Fortunately, a lot of the mod consists of plugins with other authors, so it might take less time than a single-person mod.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 07:47:14 pm by lethosor »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2013, 02:26:29 am »

The next mod update is coming now, but its rather small. Its mostly to give people access to test the tileset and the magic system, which is only for people that WANT to test it.

Updating the mod to a new df version doesnt take long, 1-2 days, but the utilities can take a month or two... therapist, dfhack, those things... and I wont release the mod without those, so Masterwork for the next Df update will take a long, long time.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Cato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2013, 06:45:32 pm »

If the known issue is the one with the entity_drow_evil raws regarding the BLADEMASTER_ARMS then I've tried applying that without causing the crash to be removed. Plus like I think I mentioned I can get it to run properly, generate worlds etc.. The crash only occurs once I try and combine the masterwork raws with the r3 dfhack stuff. With just r3 dfhack or just the masterwork raws it works fine.

It's cool if it's not settled I was just curious if this was an already understood issue, in my recollection I went through the same process in the past (the manually updating dfhack part) with the 2f release of masterwork as well and in that case it went smoothly but I wasn't sure if there might be an understood reason why it wouldn't work now.

Edit: On an unrelated minor note I think you forgot to add some of the new battlecry files that go into data/speech/ that are in the windows release. I don't think this causes any crashes and it was straightforward to add the files from the windows release in and that seems to have worked fine.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 06:49:15 pm by Cato »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2013, 06:54:14 pm »

It's cool if it's not settled I was just curious if this was an already understood issue, in my recollection I went through the same process in the past (the manually updating dfhack part) with the 2f release of masterwork as well and in that case it went smoothly but I wasn't sure if there might be an understood reason why it wouldn't work now.
I honestly didn't know there was an issue (although I suppose it's a good thing that I included the wrong version of dfhack by mistake :) ). I probably won't be able to experiment with this myself for a while, but if you (or anyone else) comes up with a solution, I can add it to the original post.

Required Information

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2013, 04:45:24 pm »

Updating the mod to a new df version doesnt take long, 1-2 days, but the utilities can take a month or two... therapist, dfhack, those things... and I wont release the mod without those, so Masterwork for the next Df update will take a long, long time.

Therapist I can live without, but dfhack is quite necessary right?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2013, 07:57:57 pm »

Yes, there are some plugins (steam engines, for example) that require dfhack to work correctly.

maxg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2013, 07:28:18 pm »

Still seems to crash for me after a few minutes. Is there any way to send you core dumps or something?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2013, 03:37:28 pm »

PM me the core dump and I'll try to figure out what's going on.
Edit- or the crash report, or any useful information from the terminal
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 07:42:19 am by lethosor »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2013, 11:45:10 pm »

Also runes and poisons and many bugfixes and all custom-made gloves and hire-guard in the next version, and all the boiling rocks, and the guild-system and the magic-system in the next version. All this needs dfhack.

Edit: Oh, and the weather control, steampunk items, special ammo from the chemist...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7