Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should the next version of this be packaged?

Installer
- 7 (70%)
Single package
- 3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: [Outdated] Mac: General help, suggestions, and bug reports (v3b r1)  (Read 27398 times)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
Re: [MAC] General help, suggestions, and bug reports (v3b r1)
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2013, 07:30:34 am »

Yes, there are some plugins (steam engines, for example) that require dfhack to work correctly.

There's a working mac version for Therapist 20.4 splinterz edition, and I also put together a new MacNewbie Pack with Dfhack r3 and the working plugins/utilities if you want to use something. I had to play around a bit to get the launching df script to work with soundsense and stonesense, but it's possible.

Ora_the_Owlish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PFUDOR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2013, 12:40:13 pm »

Is there a way to run Masterwork through MacNewbie? I tried playing Frankenstein with the folders and only succeeded in crashing spectacularly repeatedly:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm assuming that's a hearty "no," but it'd be so convenient if it worked...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 12:54:11 pm by Ora_the_Owlish »
Broseph Stalin, "The Increasingly Tragic Tale of Dumplin", a narrative
This is a narrative. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of feels.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2013, 03:11:06 pm »

I haven't tried MacNewbie, but I 'll give it a shot to see if I can get it working. I'm not sure how it's organized, but I might make an installer for it (which will probably be command-line as usual, due to Python's limited GUI support :()

I'd try disabling graphics/TrueType, if they're enabled. If that doesn't help, send me a PM and I can try to help you troubleshoot it.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2013, 03:21:31 pm »

I think I managed to reproduce this crash by moving the data and raw folders from MW 3.c into MacNewbie. The game crashes after loading add-spatter plugin, after deleting the plugin from the /hacks/plugins I was able to load a save game.

so that means no poison coating if MW, i don't know what else depends on the plugin.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 03:25:54 pm by fricy »

Ora_the_Owlish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PFUDOR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2013, 04:05:42 pm »

Thank you both! Fricy, your approach definitely seems to be working so far. I'll run a fortress for a bit later tonight, see if I can't crash it. Lethosor, that would be awesome. Best of luck with the undertaking, and thanks for the help/providing an updated Mac-friendly version of Masterwork :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 04:08:29 pm by Ora_the_Owlish »
This is a narrative. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of feels.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2013, 09:31:22 pm »

Spatter_add is used for poisons and runes.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DwarfOfTheLand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2013, 09:48:45 pm »

I keep getting an error for the Modest mod only, I keep on trying to re-unpack it to see if that solves anything but it doesn't. Any help?

wrong thread
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 10:21:40 pm by DwarfOfTheLand »
¤MASTERWORK¤ Dwarf Fortress - V.3 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2013, 09:45:57 am »

Thank you both! Fricy, your approach definitely seems to be working so far. I'll run a fortress for a bit later tonight, see if I can't crash it. Lethosor, that would be awesome. Best of luck with the undertaking, and thanks for the help/providing an updated Mac-friendly version of Masterwork :)

No problem. :)

Be ready for a couple of crashes, I just genned a world to see if it works, and besides the missing poison/rune reactions both 3c and 3d produces some error reports which could result in instability:

Spoiler: errorlog for MW.3d (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2013, 11:18:29 am »

The errorlog does not affect the game negatively. The missing creatures are for kobold reactions, if you switch to kobolds, the creatures get added as well. The missing descriptors are complaining because I switched from skin to pelt on these creatures, have not updated the skin/pelt name in the color descriptors. Both errors have no effect on the game, besides the creatures missing one single line in their description.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2013, 12:05:03 pm »

Problem: Switching to Kobolds with the GUI is a challenge (since I haven't figured out how to make the GUI run under wine :(). I suppose it could be done manually, but I haven't figured out all of the required changes yet...

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2013, 12:15:56 pm »

Thx for explaining that Meph.

FYI: For a proper mac port we miss:
add-spatter: bug report filed on github
updated zone plugin for autobutcher/autonestbox: falconne says it needs some fixing, compile errors.
digging invaders plugin: only windows version afaik

...and a GUI. I think the rest of the plugins work.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2013, 12:18:29 pm »

GUI checks all raws for things like "NOKOBOLDS!" and replaces it with "YESKOBOLDS[". I dont have all the metatags memorized, there are about 130 in total. Most parts work that simply. Other replace numbers with higher numbers, or certain reagents...

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2013, 12:21:19 pm »

A few updates:

* Due to the recent demand for a MacNewbie-friendly version of MDF, I've decided this would be a great time to update the package to v3d, as well as re-packaging all of the utilities (especially dfhack). Fortunately, this seems to have solved Cato's problem with automaterial (I'll try including the rest of falconne's plugins too). (Don't worry, I'll try MacNewbie after I get this working)
* I've semi-abandoned the GUI-launcher due to it's GUI library (Tkinter) refusing to work reliably on Lion and Mountain Lion, despite being the "standard" library. I'm considering working on a web-based interface instead (which might actually be reliable for once), but it's turning into a fun challenge as well.
I might not include the GUI-launcher in the next package (although it's small enough not to make a difference). I'll keep it available on the downloads list though, in case anyone wants it.

Hopefully I'll upload a new package in a few days, once I can get some of the issues sorted out.

Edit: Thanks, Meph - I probably should have noticed that sooner -_-.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2013, 12:41:45 pm »

(Don't worry, I'll try MacNewbie after I get this working)

I'm not worried. :) Although it would be fine if someone looked over the mistakes I might have made. Just collected the various plugins/contributions/plugins that I could find and put them together. SDL upgrade is missing from MN7.1, and falconne's utilities are v29, but you'll have easier time finding them together there. Your choice. 8)
A unified (java? html?) GUI would be great, the macnewbie gui has a strange error that I'm unable to fix: it does not copy the graphics file into the savegames, but instead creates another region(x) folder in the save folder and puts them there. I have not seen anything on mac that can create two folders with the same name at the same place. As far as I know it's impossible. Macnewbie still does it.  :-[

Ora_the_Owlish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PFUDOR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2013, 07:18:00 pm »

Just popping in to report that the fort's been running fine with the raws and data moved to the MacNewbie folders (sans the add-splatter plugin). It's about three years old now, but I've not yet gone too deep into the Masterwork stuff. I'll report any bugs or crashes as I add more to the fort, but it seems like no issues are expected. Again, best of luck with updating!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7