Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dreams of your True Love  (Read 4030 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams of your True Love
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2013, 04:17:44 am »

Basically, what I mean is that you shouldn't have a relationship with someone if the only thing you have going for them is thinking they're attractive and getting butterflies in your stomach when you're around them.

Fun fact: 'butterflies in the stomach' are not a symptom of being in love. They are a symptom of stress. Sure, the two are related in most cases, but don't confuse one for the other.

Yes, exactly. Butterflies are a sign that oh my god what do I do I hope I don't mess up is going through your head at the moment. Getting past that is important.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2013, 04:59:20 am »

I kept having nightmares about my crush, since he plays for the other team obviously. It's only recent, and I guess will go away pretty soon.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2013, 05:31:03 am »

Basically, what I mean is that you shouldn't have a relationship with someone if the only thing you have going for them is thinking they're attractive and getting butterflies in your stomach when you're around them.

Fun fact: 'butterflies in the stomach' are not a symptom of being in love. They are a symptom of stress. Sure, the two are related in most cases, but don't confuse one for the other.

The problem is that everyone thinks one of the main ingredients of a panic attack is actually a sign of love. So if you just see a total stranger and get butterflies in the stomach, that's probably not a good thing.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2013, 06:53:56 am »

I dream about mine regularly. And text her daily. And actually spend time with her every couple of weeks or so. I never dreamt about her before I met her, or anything like that.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

IceSeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2013, 11:51:42 am »

I'm going to put this in the main post and also my recent post on here. What i mean by True Love, is not that you are destined by pure nature to be with this person, but that you yourself believe this is the only person you would ever imagine wanting to be with, as in she/he/(it?) is the best thing you could ever imagine you'd ever want.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2013, 12:37:16 pm »

I'm not really seeing a distinction between the two. Unless it's a monogamy-type thing, in which case...meh.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2013, 12:40:30 pm »

So, the only difference between the two is that in #1 case you believe the world agrees with you?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2013, 12:53:41 pm »

No, I'm saying that #1 ("that you are destined by pure nature to be with this person") is open and inclusive.
#2 ("this is the only person you would ever imagine wanting to be with") is not.

Love has a lot of degrees of being.

Pages: 1 2 [3]