Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: X Cancels Store Item In Stockpile: Item Inaccessible  (Read 1535 times)

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
X Cancels Store Item In Stockpile: Item Inaccessible
« on: June 02, 2013, 05:06:16 pm »

What to do if there's a spam of these messages, and there's no immediately obvious item that causes it?
It's very annoying.

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: X Cancels Store Item In Stockpile: Item Inaccessible
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 07:27:26 pm »

not build bins or barrels. or go back to a version of df before minecarts were implemented.

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 12:30:14 am »

Check burrows

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 12:34:57 am »

There aren't any borrows. Or locked doors. Movement isn't restricted in any way.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 01:05:55 am »

Try forbidding all corpses and body parts from the stocks menu.  During a fight, several body parts may have been launched in the air and dropped into places that your dwarves can't path to.

lazygun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 07:16:47 am »

Might be that you've opened up the caverns and your dorfs are trying to collect webs that are still in the unrevealed portion and so they can't path to them. Try turning off 'auto collect webs' and see if that helps.

Or else, who knows what's causing it? I once had a dorf or two stuck on 'Dorf cancel's Store Own Item: can't find path'

usgreth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 07:41:41 am »

This message is pretty much part of DF life. You can try and track down some of the items with a combination of the job list and stocks menu to have an idea of what is causing it, but sooner or later some other item is going to cause it too.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 11:24:38 am »

It turned out that some creatures from the surface got into the cave system, killed some other creatures and the corpses were inaccessible.

They weren't showing on the stockpile screen because the kills occurred in an unexplored area.

O_o

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 12:02:50 pm »

This message is pretty much part of DF life. You can try and track down some of the items with a combination of the job list and stocks menu to have an idea of what is causing it, but sooner or later some other item is going to cause it too.

You can prevent it completely by setting the option for all items dropped to become forbidden (default is only ammo, I believe).  Once I set that up, all those annoying messages are a thing of the past.  The one thing I have to keep an eye out is when a dwarf or animal dies of old age.  I once had a corpse chilling in the dining hall because none of my dwarves could get at the forbidden body.