Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Yet Another Generic Dungeon Crawling RTD  (Read 2870 times)

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
Yet Another Generic Dungeon Crawling RTD
« on: May 20, 2013, 06:27:17 pm »

In the realm of Forlonde, there are places colloquially referred to as dungeons. These places exist in varied locations, in all shapes and sizes, with but a single unifying characteristic: they all contain vast quantities of phat loots and myriad fell beasts which must be slain. Considering the wealth of riches inside these things, the dangers within, and the sheer number of dungeons that exist, one can make quite a lucrative career exploring these dungeons, clearing them of both monsters and money. People who do this are called adventurers, and you are one such adventurer, tasked with delving the fabled Lost Caverns of Annihilation. No one knows what exactly lurks within, but it is said that all who travel to the caverns have perished, never to return. Of course, that could never happen to you. You're simply too awesome for that. And so you have gathered your equipment, and travel towards the dungeon itself, located in the mountains to the north. Or was it on the beach, to the south? The cursed swamp to the west isn't exactly a friendly locale either, could be there. You're fairly certain it's not in the tower to the east, though. That's Boris's winter retreat. You've never been, but it's said that the sunset view from the top is simply spectacular.

But before deciding on a direction, there's one vitally important question that needs answering.

Who the hell are you, exactly?

(OOC: Been lurking on the lower boards here for a few days, decided to try my hand at running an inevitably horrible RTD of my own. No pretty pictures, but I happen to be a Not Entirely Terrible writer, so there's that. Also, I do tend to be a horrible bastard when it comes to GMing, so proceed at your own risk you know you want to)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 06:43:21 pm by laularukyrumo »
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Yet Another Generic Dungeon Crawling RTD
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 07:49:00 pm »

I am ... IN THIS THREAD MUAHAHAHA

Is there any specific character sheet to follow or no?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 08:27:27 pm »

Nah. Pretty much gonna make it up as I go along. Hence leaving it pretty open-ended. :P
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 08:29:57 pm »

Single- or multiplayer?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 08:35:27 pm »

Pretty much gonna make it up as I go along.

I'm leaning towards one PC for now, and potential new party members as an option depending on what happens.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 08:37:04 pm »

Dwanye Johnson the vampire hunter.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 08:39:20 pm »

If we do this, Samuel L Jackson must be our partner.

Samuel L Jackson and The Rock: They hunt monsters.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 08:46:13 pm »

How about Morgan Freeman, Slayer of Gods?

Or, better yet...Dr. Bright.

I vote Bright.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 08:47:58 pm »

How about Morgan Freeman, Slayer of Gods?

Or, better yet...Dr. Bright.

I vote Bright.
SCP foundation.
NEINNEINNEINNEINNEINNEINNEIN
Sig! Onol

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 08:54:59 pm »

If we do this, Samuel L Jackson must be our partner.

Samuel L Jackson and The Rock: They hunt monsters.

AND SO IT BEGINS

no really I don't think I'm going to get a better suggestion than that. This bodes well. Bay12 forever
pseudo-edit I KNOW NOTHING OF SCP the good doctor might be a villain or something.

You are interrupted from your existential musings (as well as having forgotten where the yippie-ki-yay dungeon was) by an abrupt slap upside the back of your head. Turning to look behind you, you are greeted with the stern visage of a tall, dark-skinned man with a neatly-trimmed fu-man-chu and a pair of eyes that seem to be locked into a constant state of rage, no matter what emotion their owner is actually experiencing. "Yo D-dog, wake up! Now ain't the time to be reminiscing about your glory days, we got vampires to kill!" Your partner-in-crime, Samuel Leroy Jackson, heavy weapons master and childhood friend. Even before you got mixed up in the Arena. Sure, the pay was good, but it takes a toll, both on the body and mind. Infighting for fun and profit was such a waste, when one can put their immense physical power to the task of hunting and exterminating dangerous, vicious monsters from the lands.

Speaking of which, there was a dungeonthat needed exploring, something Sam has done a great job of reminding you about. You lace up your [ARMOR] and strap your [WEAPON] to your back. "So Sam, you wouldn't happen to remember where the, uh... dungeon was located?"

The sound of palm and forehead contacting echoes throughout the town.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 09:00:04 pm »

We of course are armored in our special bullet proof vest, armed with our silver knives. The dungeon is of course on danger-skull-murder-fang mountain.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 09:22:11 pm »

The bulletproof vest will probably give you a +1 to defend against ranged attacks, since that's what it's made for. Silver is also quite good at killing monsters of various types, most notably were-creatures and certain types of vampire, but knives tend to be poor at actually going through anything tougher than flesh, and don't tend to stab very deep due to there not being very much blade.

(Roll for dungeon locating: 4) Sam rolls an eye at you, pointing to the northern mountains. A thick red cloud cover caps the peaks, and a perpetual blood rain pelts the cursed rock. (Roll for wilderness preparation: 2) Too bad you didn't bring an umbrella and spent all your gold on that fancy monster-slaying equipment. You dumbass. Oh well, at least it's just raining blood and not Putrefying Slush or something horrible like that. (Roll for traveling: 6) You and Sam arrive at the appointed place around mid-afternoon, drenched in the blood of various creatures that rains from the sky. A gaping cavern in the side of the cliff face looks ominously like some sort of devil-face, broken stalag-somethings resembling teeth. Definitely a dungeon.

The two of you look like Hell, though it's probably a good thing... you made much better time than you expected, having anticipated arriving around dusk, and happen to have walked right into a... well, a something. It's patrolling the entryway, almost like some sort of guard or security sweep. It looks short, gruff, and rocky, skin the color of ashes, and it sports a huge, scruffy beard that looks like someone glued a bundle of steel wool to this thing's face. Probably hasn't had a decent meal in ages, from how thin it looks. It grunts and grumbles in a foreign tongue, dragging a rusted pickaxe along the ground.

WHAT DO

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 09:32:40 pm »

((Bright's no hero, but he's not really a villain either. A trickster, definitely. Oh, and his soul is stuck in an amulet that lets him copy his mind over others'.))

Say Hello.
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 09:36:52 pm »

((Bright's no hero, but he's not really a villain either. A trickster, definitely. Oh, and his soul is stuck in an amulet that lets him copy his mind over others'.))

Say Hello.
((I have a vendetta against SCP characters, don't mind me.))

'Say hello' with a can of whupass.
Opened.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2013, 09:44:40 pm »

((Hm. So, would you be that one thing that Crow contacted me about...))
Sig
Pages: [1] 2