Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Hopeless: Port Hope  (Read 7920 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hopeless: Port Hope
« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2015, 06:29:12 pm »

"What sort of riot has taken place?"

"Well, a riot.  They're convicts there, same as you, want the same things you do.  Money, power, a way off this frigid hole.  I expect the administrator was lax in security and they took an opportunity to seize the mine.  That's why you're on a time limit.  Only so long until they all go bandit.  Got to get them while they're in one place."

Did I find any blood mages? If I did, consult them about the were-bear corpse. If I did not, I will preserve it in the pickle juice. I went with the group. The rage-inducing image is of a man who has just set fire to an orphanage and is currently torturing babies in front of their parents, while flipping the viewer the bird, and is doing it all "for te lolz".

[8] You have no luck finding any blood mages, or any mages at all.  The town hall has a library, but it mostly contains cheap, second hand books with an anomalously large percentage of erotic fiction.  There are books on natural science there as well.  Maybe, with more investigation you might find something, but the odds are slim.

--==O==--

[Arcane: 6+3] Everything is on fire.  Your floors, your walls, your furniture are all ablaze.  No.  Wait.  The building is on fire.  You rage through the orphanage, consuming sweet flesh with your blazing wrath - no, no!  The fire rages, you stand apart.  You are trying to escape the flames, but your short legs can't carry you fast enough.  The heat sears you, roasting away your scales.  You beat desperately against the thick walls of your egg, trying to escape the fluid which has gone from warm to searing.

You'll make them pay for what they've done to you.

You twist your fingers and another wing of the orphanage explodes with incandescent fury.  You pick up another egg and smash it into the flames, the foetus screaming and wailing as it is shrivelled to death.  With a blade of flame you slice open the throat of a child, her blood spurting over the horrified expressions of her parents, impaled against the wall.

You are fire.  You are death.  You are hatred.

You have learnt the 'Rage' aspect of Mentalism.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2015, 06:58:55 pm »

Sonja bristles. Convict. Of course, it applied to her - as simple as her 'crime' was - but she hated the term all the same.
"Of course. Thank you."
Black lives matter.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2015, 12:17:16 am »

"Alright then. Guys, meet me at the flophouse in an hour."

Head to the CTC. Inquire about where their kyrite appraisers are.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2015, 05:44:38 am »

"Suppose we all agree, then. We'll take the mission. Any additional information we need to have, sir?"

Get ready. Put my armor on and take my shields along. Check their respective conditions. Regroup with the others at the correct time after they're done with their preparations.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2015, 08:21:47 pm »

"Suppose we all agree, then. We'll take the mission. Any additional information we need to have, sir?"

Get ready. Put my armor on and take my shields along. Check their respective conditions. Regroup with the others at the correct time after they're done with their preparations.

Tan-Chieng hands you a map of the surrounding area, which has notable white patches all over it where valleys have yet been unexplored.  He has marked Teping Mine on it for you, as well as indicating the route you must travel.

"You will also receive a tent and two weeks' rations for the five of you.  Otherwise, the Yellow Emperor be with you.  You are dismissed."

[[If and when you are ready to depart, you may join the mission here.]]

Sinimis: An inquiry to the CTC warehouses reveals that Ms d'Avistral is in fact the resident kyrite appraiser, but that you cannot see her without an appointment.  Perhaps, after your mission, you might be able to find a way to secure one.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 03:14:49 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2015, 08:45:36 pm »

[Where?]
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2015, 12:50:14 am »

Er...  The link just leads to the main FG&RP page.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2015, 03:15:17 am »

[[Fixed.]]

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 06, 2015, 08:05:30 am »

((PTW because my character is showing up soon.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 06, 2015, 09:19:27 am »

Quote from: Diane (Twinwolf)
Diane Grandes, a Samakhet woman subject to the CTC.
Skills: Marksmanship II, Persuasion I, Stealth I
Equipment: Crossbow (2d8 damage, 2H), [10 bolts]
To-Hit: 7.

Lodgings: McGee's Flophouse (5d/Mission)
Job: -

Diane, you scramble your way through endless ice sheets to this gods-forsaken hole, your thin clothing barely shielding you against the cutting wind.  You are guided to a small wooden shack where a pinched-faced old Samakhet man takes your papers and peers at them through half-moon glasses.

"Let's see... Diane Grand-ess, Insurrection, Libel, Fraud... ten years.  Funny thing, I had a guy in here last week up for eighteen counts of murder - ten years.  Right.  CTC is holding you, so they're advancing you five ducats' worth of stay at McGee's flophouse.   You'll need work to cover that debt, whatever you can find.  The best way to make money quickly is by doing Missions, you can find those on the job board.  I think a party headed out yesterday to one of the mines, maybe you can get permission to assist them, otherwise you might just have to stick around until you can find some other group of morons to get yourself killed with.  Any questions?"
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 10:24:04 am by Iituem »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 06, 2015, 09:23:32 am »

((Wrong player. I'm the one playing Diana, not SB.))
"No, sir." there is no emotion in her voice, but if looks could kill, everyone in the room would have died a horrible, agonizing death.

((Also, is it possible to join a mission mid-mission?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 06, 2015, 10:25:25 am »

[Thanks, copied it from SB's sheet and forgot to change that.  Normally it wouldn't, but in this case I'll allow it due to there not being enough players to take on a second group.]

The old administrator looks rather uncomfortable and hands you back your paper.  Both he and the guard look rather awkward as they wait for you to leave.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 06, 2015, 10:27:16 am »

Diane leaves, giving each man a glare as she does so. She would go to the job board or whatever to find the ongoing mission.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]