Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 257003 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An Adventurer: A Fantasy Suggestion Game
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 02:39:09 pm »

Can we be a Peach-faced lovebird man?

If you want to, sure.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2013, 03:05:15 am »

Name: Tarana
Race:  Demonborn
Height: 173 cm
Weight: 57 kg
Appearance: Delicate humanoid with bright yellow skin and long claws, but otherwise is perfectly normal. Even better than normal
Strength 8, Stamina 10, Agility 16, Speed 14, Endurance 17, Willpower 12, Intelligence 12, Perception 12
HP: (18 + 3) = 21
Level: Adventurer 1,
Harem girl 1 : She was raised as such, but ran away
Dancer 1 : Dancing skills received during training became her main source of income for awhile
Duelist 1 : While acid spit and claws are useful in self defense, rapier is so much better
Virtues: At least 5, no more than 7.
Charismatic (Critical) :  She was raised as harem girl for some rich ruler, while she ran away before being sold to some rich ugly man, she still knows  art of diplomacy and outright seduction and have suitable appearance

Virgin (Minor): - Despite her background and tendency to use males to get what she needs she is "pure"  and plans to stay like that

Protector of the weak :(Minor ) While she is quite egoistic and cares mostly about herself, she will spend effort to help weak ones, like children

Flaws:
Nightmares (Critical) : She often sees weird dreams that deny her good night rest
Luxury seeking (Major) : She isn't that kind of girl that would enjoy sleeping in the field wearing rags. She will spend considerable resources and efforts for comfort and luxurious items
Demonic appearance ( Minor) While she is beautiful, her appearance is clearly atypical and brings problems in many situations

Feats:
Acid spit: Due to her demonic roots, she have an ability to spit globs of acid. 
Ambidextrous
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2013, 04:25:45 pm »

Done mine! Didn't really put much backstory in beside hinting at a faerie dad.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2013, 06:54:51 pm »

*hellobump*
Sig! Onol

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2013, 07:33:13 pm »

So instead of the suggestion game theme I usually go by here, how about we get a third and fourth 4th and 5th player and make it a regular roleplay?

In fact, I've already convinced a third fourth to join in, and here's his character. Expect him to register and join soon, so a fourth fifth player.

Name: Zoah
Race: Angelborn
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 220 lbs
Appearance: A proud warrior with heroically sclupted features, mighty white featured wings, and a serious expression. His typical dress consists of a dusty brown travelcloak, a beight tunic with an armored undershirt and dusty white trousers. He wears closed boots that are tough and sturdy.
Strength 22, Stamina 19, Agility 15, Speed 14, Endurance 19, Willpower 18, Intelligence 12, Perception 16
Hit Points: 23
Levels:

Infinite Legionare 1, Soldier 2, Adventurer 1
Virtues:
Veteran Warrior: (Critical- 3 pt): For most of his life, Zoah has trained to be a warrior. He has taken part in dozens of battles, and eventually became a captain in Shin's Infinite Legion. He is a skilled spear user and hand-to-hand fighter.
Courage: (Major- 2 pt): Zoah is a couragous warrior, charging into battle without fear of his enemy. He will not abandon his fellow warriors or surrender, even in the face of overwhelming odds. This does not mean he is stupid, however; he takes precaution to protect his life and the lives of those next to him.
Honorable: (Minor- 1 pt): Zoah has always fancied himself a hero, so he fights his battles as fairly and evenly as possible. He never strikes down an enemy that has surrendered, kills without reason, or bullies those unable to combat him evenly.
Flaws:
Headstrong: (Major - 2pts): Despiste his training and caution, Zoah can be riled up enough to charge headlong into a battle without completely thinking things through. This has gotten him hurt in the past. 
Obstinate: (Major - 2pts): Once Zoah thinks he and his methods are right, it is hard to convince him otherwise. Even then he will not admit to being in the wrong.
Prideful: (Minor - 1pts): Years of battle have instilled in the warrior a fierce sense of pride. He is easily angered when his abilities as a warrior are brought into question. He has been involved in more than one "duel" over his pride.
Hobbies:
Trophy Collecting: (Major - 2pts): Zoah always takes a token to remind him of each battle he has fought and great warrior he has slain.
Battle Chronicling: (Minor - 1pts): Some battles and duels are so great, that Zoah feels the need to write it all down in the form of a short story.
Fishing:(Minor - 1pts): Fishing is a good way for a warrior to wind down and pass the time when not training.
Feats
Angelic Trance - Zoah can enter a state where he becomes completely focused on a battle, temporarely raising his stamina and strength by three points. This comes at a cost of 2 points of intelligence.
The Hand of Shin Smites Thee with Unerring Accurracy - Once a day, Zoah can make a single strike that does not fail to strike its mark.

As it stands, the party has its designated tank, a primary spellcaster, and a rouge. XD
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 08:05:35 pm by Ross Vernal »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An Adventurer: One Slot Remains
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2013, 07:44:20 pm »

This will be awesome.
So if Zoah and Gugagaugagguaguagh are our tanks, I'm the mage, and that other one is the rogue, that's 4 people!
Sorry for misspelling your character's name, Chink.
Sig! Onol

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2013, 07:58:50 pm »

If there is still a spot I'd like it... but if not slap me onto a waitlist if there is one.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2013, 08:04:18 pm »

...How on earth did I possibly miss that profile?

Sure, let's cap it at 5. Past that, waitlist for if/when death occurs.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2013, 08:05:24 pm »

Very well... reserving that spot!

EDIT1: Working on a sheet now...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 08:07:29 pm by Gamerlord »

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2013, 08:05:55 pm »

Ahhh damnit to hang. I'd'a LOVED to be part of this, but I won't really be available for several days. :(

I'll get a character sheet up... in several days time. I guess I'm on the waitlist. One question: guns? Are there guns? Beautiful loud things that go boom and things die? :P

(EDIT: Hey, check it out! I totally hadn't read the ENTIRE OP... we have guns! Sorry for silly question. Thinking of going support gunner when I do have the time to make the character sheet.)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 08:16:17 pm by Maxinum McDreich »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2013, 08:08:39 pm »

Hey, can I get a list of gods? Wanna make a priest.

EDIT: Kinda assuming that Undead aren't naturally unholy.
Also, we now have two tanks, a focused mage, a rogue and a necromantic spellsword/priest (so... supporting the mage mainly and giving the tanks some fast-moving backup.)

EDIT 2: FINALLY UPDATING THIS.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 07:03:35 am by Gamerlord »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2013, 08:20:07 pm »

Hey, can I get a list of gods? Wanna make a priest.

Yes, and hoo boy. Each person has three Gods they worship in particular, and at least one Aspect of those gods. They are usually allies or friendly, but neutral ones can be taken too.

For example, Zoah follows Shin the Lord of Death in the Aspect of War (and has a prestige class based on that), Shin's wife Liagora the Huntress in the Aspect of Honor, and their son Timeus Invictus in the Aspect of Fear. Renn the Gunmage follows Bree the Hedonist in the Aspects of Weapons and Hedonism, Shin the Lord of Death in the Aspect of War, and Pellegrin the Wanderer in the Aspect of Travel.

Here's the very general outline of the

Spoiler: Major Gods (click to show/hide)

and the

Spoiler: Minor Gods (click to show/hide)

If anyone else wants to add their trifecta of gods, feel free; if not, don't worry, some religion will eventually come along. :)

Ahhh damnit to hang. I'd'a LOVED to be part of this, but I won't really be available for several days. :(

I'll get a character sheet up... in several days time. I guess I'm on the waitlist. One question: guns? Are there guns? Beautiful loud things that go boom and things die? :P

Yes. Think along the lines of flintlocks, muskets, and early rifles.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An Adventurer: Waitlist Open
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2013, 08:49:42 pm »

There. What's with the two brackets each of the gods has?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An Adventurer: Waitlist Open
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2013, 09:05:03 pm »

Approved. Since everyone else went with 4 levels instead of 3, you can add another if you like.

The Major Aspects are the domains that are theirs either exclusively, or that they are the best at. These are represented by Angels. The Minor Aspects are domains they share with others. These are represented by Demons.

Expect the IC thread Act 1 to be up and running within a day or so!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An Adventurer OOC: Waitlist Open
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2013, 11:58:55 pm »

Somewhat redesigned character, added hobbies, gods and buffed physical stats a bit...

Name: Tarana
Race:  Demonborn
Height: 173 cm
Weight: 57 kg
Appearance: Delicate humanoid with bright yellow skin and long claws, but otherwise is perfectly normal. Even better than normal
Strength 9, Stamina 11, Agility 17, Speed 15, Endurance 18, Willpower 12, Intelligence 12, Perception 12
HP: (18 + 3) = 21
Level: Adventurer 1,
Harem girl 1 : She was raised as such, but ran away
Dancer 1 : Dancing skills received during training became her main source of income for awhile
Duelist 1 : While acid spit and claws are useful in self defense, rapier is so much better

Virtues:
Charismatic (Critical) :  She was raised as harem girl for some rich ruler, while she ran away before being sold to some rich ugly man, she still knows  art of diplomacy and outright seduction and have suitable appearance

Virgin (Minor): - Despite her background and tendency to use males to get what she needs she is "pure"  and plans to stay like that

Protector of the weak :(Minor ) While she is quite egoistic and cares mostly about herself, she will spend effort to help weak ones, like children

Flaws:
Nightmares (Critical) : She often sees weird dreams that deny her good night rest
Luxury seeking (Major) : She isn't that kind of girl that would enjoy sleeping in the field wearing rags. She will spend considerable resources and efforts for comfort and luxurious items
Demonic appearance ( Minor) While she is beautiful, her appearance is clearly atypical and brings problems in many situations

Hobbies
Tailoring (2 points): She likes to dress in style and tailors usually don't share her tastes
Poetry (1 point): She has minimal talent in that but Poetry is her main way to calm down after a nightmare. 

Feats:
Acid spit: Due to her demonic roots, she have an ability to spit globs of acid. 
Ambidextrous

Gods
Aphiliam (Beauty, Wealth, Manipulation): She was taught to follow the goddess back in harem childhood. While she dislikes the lust and anger part, Tarana keeps worshiping the goddess for the power over males

Radan:(Diplomacy, Wisdom, Love) While it's well hidden from others, Tarana does dream about family and loving husband and sometimes prays to Radan to get one. Also she asks for Radan's aid when she need to solve problems diplomatically or when she needs to make important decision

Coranthiir(Order, Righteousness): It's a strange choice for a demonborn rogue and Tarana very well knows that. She doubts that she has right to follow the god, but still she supports law, order and equality for everyone. Also, she has good in her heart and believes that weak should be protected.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 332