Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Realpolitik OOC/Information/Sign-Up Thread Always Accepting New Parties  (Read 21977 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Realpolitik OOC/Information/Sign-Up Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2013, 10:15:30 pm »

The current results are suspicious, and oddly biased towards the other parties. I'll be demanding a recount after this election if the results show to be obviously skewed...
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2013, 10:23:36 pm »

What's so suspicious?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2013, 10:26:55 pm »

I'm making a joke, because I'm clearly losing.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2013, 10:36:42 pm »

Oh.

Well, I'm in second. Yay.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2013, 10:42:02 pm »

The current results are suspicious, and oddly biased towards the other parties. I'll be demanding a recount after this election if the results show to be obviously skewed...
Face it, Syndicalist Scum. The people have seen through your dirty lies and tricks.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2013, 10:43:06 pm »

Face it, Syndicalist Scum. The people have seen through your dirty lies and tricks.
Oh really now? Hah, they'll realize their mistake as the economy fails to improve any further. The workers of germany demand a recount!
Welcome to Reality.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2013, 11:13:58 pm »

Would you prevent McCain from voting Republican?
If only electable persons were allowed to vote, then I would either not allow them to vote for themselves, or not bother with voting at all and just assume that the most populace party wins.

Oh, and I wish to join GreatWyrmGold's Die Gedankenjustierer Partei. And I would prefer to not accidentally, but consistently, refer to it as the G.D.P....
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2013, 12:21:46 am »

Considering we seem to be going to some sort of stalemate, an explanation on coalition forming might be uselfull;

We gets to go first. How much do we need...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2013, 01:22:54 am »

Coalition forming is done by, umm, it is like, erm... Has anyone here played Diplomacy?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2013, 02:31:06 am »

You simply announce a Coalition in big Script in the IC-Thread as in:

The PCP and the Reichsfront announce that they will form a Coalition for the 1936 Elections.

Once formed you still need the majority of Votes. How you decide who gets what part of the Government is your decision.

On another Note i just realized that the Poll-System is not ideal, especially for the Syndicalist Parties since you can only use one Vote on your own Party the others have to go to other Parties...and right now the VDA has no allies in the Reichstag...which forces them to vote their own Enemies.
I think we need to restart Elections and use another System...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2013, 02:53:25 am »

Well we could use a preferential system here, at least that would give them some influence on who actually wins, and therefore some clout to encourage others to work with them. A single vote system with nobody allowed to vote for themselves, so as not to get the most boring election ever. Or, umm, well the current system can sort of work. Being the underdog means that you are either going to have to be brilliant, maybe opening by convincing others that there is no way you can win, so a second vote with the syndicate is a vote taken away from credible opposition, then move on to wheeling and dealing, as a credible party you can offer positions or votes in exchange for votes and coalitions, then come out at the end having saved your votes and vote for yourself and the weakest opponents to come through with an incontestable lead. Or you can make compromises, try to convince someone to let you have some minor influence in exchange for all your votes and your support for their reign. Or you can resign yourself to obscurity, offer commentary and vocal opposition, and hope to come into power due to some catastrophic failure of the prevailing powers...

Can we form coalitions after voting? Presumably votes represent standing ministers or whatever the equivalent is. If we decide, after the election, to combine our power, we could form Captain Party and rule with our combined votes... Such a thing might become necessary if two parties gain equal votes...
Read the First Post!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2013, 03:46:32 am »

Of course you can decide to form a Coalition after the Votes have been counted if you want to see the Election Outcomes First.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2013, 06:18:45 am »

Well we could use a preferential system here, at least that would give them some influence on who actually wins, and therefore some clout to encourage others to work with them. A single vote system with nobody allowed to vote for themselves, so as not to get the most boring election ever.
Not being able to vote for your own party is not only hard to track, but will result in party size being opposite to strength. It makes it harder for large parties to win, and actually encourages you to make a bunch of one man parties, and then enter a coalition.

On another note, first of all, votes need to be hidden. otherwise everyone will wait for others to vote.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2013, 06:24:18 am »

Would you prevent McCain from voting Republican?
If only electable persons were allowed to vote, then I would either not allow them to vote for themselves, or not bother with voting at all and just assume that the most populace party wins.
Anyone can vote. Readers are encouraged to do so.

Oh, and I wish to join GreatWyrmGold's Die Gedankenjustierer Partei. And I would prefer to not accidentally, but consistently, refer to it as the G.D.P....
Danke.

Coalition forming is done by, umm, it is like, erm... Has anyone here played Diplomacy?
A little.

You simply announce a Coalition in big Script in the IC-Thread as in:

The PCP and the Reichsfront announce that they will form a Coalition for the 1936 Elections.

Once formed you still need the majority of Votes. How you decide who gets what part of the Government is your decision.
What happens if Parties A and B form a coalition, and Parties B and C form a coalition, but Parties A and C don't?
Sig

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2013, 06:41:53 am »

I would expect that then parties C and A take a long hard look at party B then draw their duelling pistols...
This might link to a helpful guide...
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18