Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: Realpolitik OOC/Information/Sign-Up Thread Always Accepting New Parties  (Read 21971 times)

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Realpolitik OOC/Information/Sign-Up Thread
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2013, 09:53:43 am »

Hell, I might actually start my own party. My party leader hasn't posted, so I don't know what stance to take.
Sorry, stuff was happening on my end. I just posted.
Thanks.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2013, 10:27:03 am »

It seems neither GWG's Gedankenjustierer nor the Alldeutsche Verband are going to enter elections...
My party is based on the scientific theories of the time, and it's hard to make a platform from those if I'm not sure what they are. Should I use modern theories, historical ones, what?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2013, 10:29:03 am »

Improvise.

Historical theories from that time, with whatever else you want to add.

edit: When the GM gives you freedom. (Ab)use it. He'll tell you when you go out of line.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2013, 10:32:48 am »

Pretty much what ebbor said...but apart fromt he geo-political situation science has progressed as normal. The historical persons for that just are in other countries. Einstein for example is working for the Kaiserreich.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2013, 10:35:35 am »

Note to self: Recruit that guy.

Note to self: Recruit quite a lot of people.
-Einstein
-Werner Von Braun
-All other rocket scientists

((Not actually going to do that. I got no reason to. Maybe setting up a science institute, but that's it.))

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2013, 10:39:09 am »

...they all are working already for germany ;)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2013, 10:41:11 am »

On another note, it's unlikely that german rocket technology exists in this timeline. After all, the only reason Germany invested in rocket technology is that Treaty of Versailles prevented them from building artillery.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2013, 11:00:06 am »

No rockets means no early space program means no space program means lots of sad stuff. Aw.

Anyways, looking up mid-1930's sociological theories and going from there...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2013, 11:03:29 am »

Well, rockets still exist, but only for short range saturation bombardement, not the giant V2's and the like.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2013, 11:49:06 am »

Skimming Wikipedia, I decided to take some books published IRL at the appropriate times and go from there.

Spoiler: List Selections (click to show/hide)

You know what? Screw it. I'm the only one who cares about the timeliness of the theories. I'm just going to apply what seems to be the proper theories of the time.
Sig

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2013, 12:30:44 pm »

very well you gonna provide an election campaign?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2013, 01:02:35 pm »

I did. Along with a lengthy speech and an interruption for lunch.
Sig

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2013, 01:23:55 pm »

While i appreciate your effort you put into a german speech...don't do it...especially with Google Translate(the amount of grammatic mistakes...is...astounding)

And well im pretty much the only one around here who can read it(maybe we have some 1 or 2 other hidden germans but yeah...stay with an English Speech. After all it's an international forum.)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2013, 03:55:32 pm »

While i appreciate your effort you put into a german speech...don't do it...especially with Google Translate(the amount of grammatic mistakes...is...astounding)

And well im pretty much the only one around here who can read it(maybe we have some 1 or 2 other hidden germans but yeah...stay with an English Speech. After all it's an international forum.)
Alright.
Sig

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2013, 03:56:45 pm »

I can read german. I even know enough of the language to know that I really should not attempt to speak it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18