Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Realpolitik OOC/Information/Sign-Up Thread Always Accepting New Parties  (Read 21430 times)

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Realpolitik OOC/Information/Sign-Up Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2013, 04:40:48 pm »

While i appreciate your effort you put into a german speech...don't do it...especially with Google Translate(the amount of grammatic mistakes...is...astounding)

And well im pretty much the only one around here who can read it(maybe we have some 1 or 2 other hidden germans but yeah...stay with an English Speech. After all it's an international forum.)
I can read german. I even know enough of the language to know that I really should not attempt to speak it.
I get the gist of German. I even know enough of the language to know that the gist is almost always not accurate.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2013, 05:11:07 pm »

While i appreciate your effort you put into a german speech...don't do it...especially with Google Translate(the amount of grammatic mistakes...is...astounding)

And well im pretty much the only one around here who can read it(maybe we have some 1 or 2 other hidden germans but yeah...stay with an English Speech. After all it's an international forum.)

I can understand some German (thank you Rammstein!)  but sure, we'll speak English.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2013, 10:26:22 pm »

Hrmm, I am not entirely certain about this game, but with the apparent lack of functioning parties I figure that my ineptness will likely be tolerated.
I wish to join GreatWyrmGold's Die Gedankenjustierer Partei, or Bdthemag's Vereinigte Deutsche Arbeiterpartei, whichever needs players the most...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2013, 10:28:14 pm »

I'm alone in my party, if I'm not mistaken.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2013, 10:34:22 pm »

Hrmm, I am not entirely certain about this game, but with the apparent lack of functioning parties I figure that my ineptness will likely be tolerated.
I wish to join GreatWyrmGold's Die Gedankenjustierer Partei, or Bdthemag's Vereinigte Deutsche Arbeiterpartei, whichever needs players the most...
I feel offended.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2013, 12:43:00 am »

Well, I think the general problem is that there's no clear direction on what we SHOULD do. We also need more readers who join parties and whatnot, but that ties in with the confusion regarding what the hell we're supposed to do.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2013, 01:41:39 am »

It think that we make two or more parties with at least three players in each and then hold elections. I suggest at this point that everyone who is inclined to do so makes a party, then everyone votes for all the parties using a preferential system, then a number of parties equal to or less than the number of players divided by three(or four for insurance) get elected, then players are assigned equally to parties based upon their preferences, with conflicts resolved by random chance.
Spoiler: Example (click to show/hide)
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2013, 10:19:32 am »

that seems...needlessly complex ram. Everyone be it reader or player gets two votes which he can divide as he sees fit.

Bdthemag. What you should do is an Election Campaign. Make your party more preferable to Voters. As in Real Politics you can go this way by sheer facts on what you would do better or With Slogans, election posters(pictures you put up as post), by merging with other parties into a coalition, by makign smear Campaigns against other Parties, really go wild with your ideas in that regard.

I will merely put up an Election soon and then let the voters do their job.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2013, 10:40:26 am »

Okay we are entering the Hot Phase of the Elections. They will alst for the next seven Days and everyone has 2 Votes. Gentlemen get more aggressive in your Election Campaigns to garner more Votes from the Readers. Right Now both the ADV and the VDA have two Members and thus are automatically in the lead.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2013, 03:14:57 pm »

I'd like to point out that traditional campaigning will be a bit pointless if we're campaigning to other Bay12ers, given the number who would vote for a party with a campaign of "We'll flood the French cheese-eating surrender elves with magma!" regardless of if this is plausible or even possible.

That being said...let's have the Readers say what they care about.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2013, 03:50:05 pm »

I'd like to point out that traditional campaigning will be a bit pointless if we're campaigning to other Bay12ers, given the number who would vote for a party with a campaign of "We'll flood the French cheese-eating surrender elves with magma!" regardless of if this is plausible or even possible.

That being said...let's have the Readers say what they care about.
I would like to think that the readers would be more mature than that, but, now that I think about it, this is Bay12 we're talking about.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2013, 04:06:00 pm »

Mature isn't the problem. Sane is the problem.
Sig

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2013, 05:04:34 pm »

Mature isn't the problem. Sane is the problem.

I should sig this later.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2013, 09:12:19 pm »

Don't mind GreatWyrmGold, they are just miffed over what happened to the list of their games...

How about we can't vote for our own parties? I could see the alternative ending rather abruptly...
Read the First Post!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2013, 10:13:31 pm »

Don't mind GreatWyrmGold, they are just miffed over what happened to the list of their games...
Not true.

How about we can't vote for our own parties? I could see the alternative ending rather abruptly...
Would you prevent McCain from voting Republican?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18