Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39

Author Topic: Game Bundles Megathread  (Read 46181 times)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Game Bundles Megathread
« on: May 21, 2013, 10:02:13 pm »

Bundles!

I love them! Yes, those crazy sales you all know and love, where you're given the opportunity to pick up a metric shit-ton of games for a ridiculously discounted price. Having one thread per bundle was all well an good when the Humble Bundles were the only ones worth keeping track of. But those were simpler times! In light of the bundles of bundles now available for your game-hoarding pleasure, I propose THE BUNDLE THREAD. Why not bundle these bundles of bundles all in one delicious thread? Pay what you want!

The Big List of Bundles:
The Humble Bundle - Bundle w/Android 6
The Humble Weekly Bundle - Rochard
Indie Royale - Chosen 2 Bundle
The Indie Gala - June Bundle - Creatures and Pirates
Bundle Stars - Atomic Indie Jam!
The Bitcoin Bundle!
Bundle In A Box - No Bundle
The Free Bundle!

Did I miss any noteworthy bundles? Let me know and I'll at them to the list! I'll also try to keep this list up to date with currently active bundles.

...It just seems that, rather than just posting a new thread every time there's a new humble bundle and largely ignoring the rest, it would be useful to have a thread dedicated to currently active bundles - for when new ones drop, when you want to know what's worth getting, or when you have extra keys to give away. Or if you want to discuss the social and ethical ramifications of bundle culture or something, that too. This is Bay12 after all, who knows what the fuck will come up. Just this week I was alerted to the existence of Bundle Stars and the Be Mine bundles, and the ones currently happening have some pretty damn tempting looking games.

To get the ball rolling: Is it worth shelling out the extra money to get Drakensang and Blades of Time in the Be Mine bundle? I already own bloodbowl and the other 2 $5-limit games don't really interest me.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 03:27:01 pm by Enzo »

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Game Bundles Megathread
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 10:13:57 pm »

Missed The Bitcoin Bundle, minimum for Steam keys is one Bitcent. Most of the games have already been in bundles at some point but it's worth adding.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 10:19:39 pm by Hugehead »
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 10:19:21 pm »

That Be Mine bundle looks pretty interesting. The only game in that whole bunch that I already own is Blood Bowl. However, it's a little strange that they're offering a soundtrack for a game that is not in the bundle (ETHER VAPOR) :/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 10:25:51 pm »

Dungeons is worthless. Patrician is pretty good. Two Worlds 2 is an improvement over the previous game. Humble Double Fine wasn't worth it if you had Psychonauts. Drakensang is supposed to be good. It has an RPG pen and paper behind it and everyone has their favorite (and least fav) system.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 11:14:02 pm »

I'll just give my personal opinions of some of the games on offer here.

Bemine:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bundle Stars

Indie Gala

Bitcoin Beta:

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 11:19:55 pm »

That Be Mine bundle looks pretty interesting. The only game in that whole bunch that I already own is Blood Bowl. However, it's a little strange that they're offering a soundtrack for a game that is not in the bundle (ETHER VAPOR) :/

Odds are, Ether Vapor was probably made by the same producer. It could've sweetened the deal for someone out there, raised interest in the title, and didn't really cost them anything, so I see no reason to oppose its inclusion.
I'm not opposed to the inclusion of the soundtrack (the demo tracks sound pretty sweet), I'm confused as to why they didn't include Ether Vapor itself.

Still, I'll probably pick up this bundle. 5+ bucks for several games and albums is a pretty good deal.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 06:54:38 am »

There are also the free bundles (http://www.thefreebundle.com/) which don't really expire (there are more recent ones but so far as I can tell you can download from any of them).  The games are.. What you'd expect for the price, but if they even give you twenty minutes of fun they are worth it.  I haven't played nearly all of them but Antibody is pretty fun.

I bought the Indie Bundle Jam 7 a short while ago, haven't had time to try out all the games yet. 

Planets Under Attack is a fun little game, it's a little twist on tower defense, has easy to pick up and play mechanics and really good aesthetics.  It's also, for me at least, surprisingly difficult.  That said, it's not really that deep and I doubt it will have much staying power.

Ion Assault is an arcade-like space shooter which is (as they say) like asteroids on steroids.  Like asteroids your goal in each level is to destroy all the asteroids (which split into smaller and smaller pieces) while destroying/avoiding enemy spaceships and the like.  I had a good time with it, the aesthetic is nice, the controls are pretty good, and it's just fun.  That said it's pretty short (five levels I think) but then it costs like a buck.

I haven't really tried the others yet, installed and started Two Worlds II and so far it felt pretty "Meh" to me, I figure I'll give it a little bit more time to see if it grabs me but have in the past decided there are too many great games out there to waste my time on 'ok' ones. 

I may buy the bitcoin bundle, amazingly I don't have world of Goo yet (it's one of those games I keep meaning to buy but never getting around to it). 

I'm curious about Dungeons.. I remember the debacle of it's release and how it was touted (by possible them and certainly the fans) that it was going to be the spiritual successor of Dungeon Keeper and failing (spectacularly) to live up to that.. However how is it as a game? It's hard to get a clear review on it given how many boil down to "It's not Dungeon Keeper 3!1!1!!"
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 06:56:41 am by Mickey Blue »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 02:26:10 pm »

Do Humble Weekly Sales count?

http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
Alan Wake: Collector’s Edition
Alan Wake’s American Nightmare
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 02:37:49 pm »

More than one game is a bundle, I'd say. BUT I'd also say these bundles generally have more than just a game and that game's expansion or sequel.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 02:47:52 pm »

More than one game is a bundle, I'd say. BUT I'd also say these bundles generally have more than just a game and that game's expansion or sequel.

Yeah; as far as a "bundle" is concerned, it's pretty weak, but as part of the "Humble" brand, I figured it was worth a mention. (Doubly so since I didn't see it elsewhere yet, but I didn't look particularly hard.)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 02:49:22 pm »

Awesome, added those bundles I missed. Weekly bundles count, I guess. Close enough.

I'm pretty sure everything in the Bitcoin Bundle has been in a Humble Bundle in the past. But if you missed out and don't have World Of Goo already,that game is amazing.

Just shelled out for Be Mine 8. Why the heck not, it costs as much as a sandwich. If anybody wants the key for Blood Bowl, let me know, since I already have Chaos Edition.

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 05:13:35 pm »

I'll take it, if nobody else wants it.  Never played it but it looks interesting enough.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2013, 09:32:20 am »

There's a new Bundle Stars bundle, the Outlaws Bundle. It looks thoroughly meh.

The Zombies vs. Aliens bundle has also come back for a few days. It is about on par with the previous.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2013, 09:37:27 am »

There's a new Bundle Stars bundle, the Outlaws Bundle. It looks thoroughly meh.

The Zombies vs. Aliens bundle has also come back for a few days. It is about on par with the previous.
Yeah. Very meh. Probably wouldn't touch them if they were free.

ishlilith

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 01:57:21 pm »

New Humble Bundle,

Little Inferno
Capsized
Dear Esther
Awesomenauts
Thomas was alone

BTA:
Proteus
Hotline Miami

Worth it just for Hotline Miami, best game of last year probably.
Capsized is a bit meh, but little inferno and awesomentauts look fun.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39