Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: We're playing Princess Maker 2! Part 3: Hogwarts woulda been cheaper.  (Read 38727 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: We're playing Princess Maker 2! Part 2: Me: 0, Big Bad World: 1
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2013, 06:00:03 am »

she's got magical reputation at eighty and is basically pleading us with her doe eyes "Please, let me become a kick-ass magic user so that I may raise an army of undead in the name of Hades."

Ps: I think this is the only game where a ...ten years old? can wear a 'leather dress' and suddenly lose morality. What sane father would dress the daughter like a slut?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2013, 06:18:07 am »

After that brief conversation with Gawd, I think our hero lost all claims to sanity.

That puny knife was a waste of gold.  Her magic attack should be her only attack for the foreseeable future.

Kick-Ass!  With your Mind!

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2013, 06:44:53 am »

Always have a backup.

After she comes back, farm her out for another month then once you start having real cash roll in use that money to train her in either magic or sword.
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2013, 07:04:59 am »

That puny knife was a waste of gold.  Her magic attack should be her only attack for the foreseeable future.
The game has a mana system. Running out of fireballs to cast is, frankly, a bad thing if you can't continue inflicting the pain.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2013, 10:13:41 am »

Also, apparently she grew 4 inches in a month and a half? But yeah, keep up the combat training! She will be dynamic battle mistress! Or something. I guess farming and babysitting (what? She may as well have proteges while she's at it) for money.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2013, 10:19:50 am »

Nah, those first screenshots were from when I started the game and forgot to save afterwards <_<

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2013, 10:34:00 am »

We're going to need sin, and a lot of it. Get her in combat school. Or magic if that's what you're going with, doesn't matter.

She should be in the Forest, not the Desert. The Desert is probably the last place she should be right now.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2013, 10:37:03 am »

(Played some last night) We should consider an upbringing in underaged exotic dancing.

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2013, 01:46:31 pm »

I still think she should be Medieval Gender-swapped Che Guevara. I don't care if the game doesn't have that ending, we should try anyway.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2013, 06:38:06 pm »

(Played some last night) We should consider an upbringing in underaged exotic dancing.
Even better is that dance class also gives significant Constitution(and therefore, HP), so it's useful for fighting.

We're going to need sin, and a lot of it. Get her in combat school. Or magic if that's what you're going with, doesn't matter.

She should be in the Forest, not the Desert. The Desert is probably the last place she should be right now.
Isn't the Mountain harder? Actually, I'm not sure, and I can't go play it myself since my sister is in the room and it would somewhat... akward.

Note that you can also increase sin by killing monsters, rather than letting them flee. The hunting job later on gives sin, but neither of them do it particularly fast.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2013, 08:17:21 pm »

Isn't the Mountain harder? Actually, I'm not sure, and I can't go play it myself since my sister is in the room and it would somewhat... akward.

Note that you can also increase sin by killing monsters, rather than letting them flee. The hunting job later on gives sin, but neither of them do it particularly fast.
Holy shit, there's a transparent color. In 15000 posts, I've never seen that.

Anyway, no, the difficulty goes Forest->Lake->Mountain->Desert. Mountain is only hardest if you count the War God.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2013, 08:23:16 pm »

Posting to waaaaatch :D
It's FEF, not FEOF

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2013, 09:21:53 pm »

Also: How soon until the mental scarring starts?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2013, 09:23:34 pm »

You mean it hasn't already?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2013, 09:31:02 pm »

She's a child of god who was abandoned to the mortal realm by her celestial guardian for no reason.

"Daddy, where's mommy?  All the other girls in town have mothers."
"Oh, you don't.  Because you're a child of god."
"Really?!  So I'm like an angel!"
"...sorta.  I mean angels are in heaven.  And you got dropped here on earth..."
"...dropped?"
"Yeah, the moon was your guardian, and just sorta left you in front of me."
"...what?"
"I guess god was too busy to care for you so he gave you to the moon to be watched after...  Hmm, I guess the moon was doing more important things too...  So here I'm stuck with you."
"W-What...?"
"Welp, that's enough talking for this month!  Let's get you back to the farm and we can have another nice chat in 30 days.  AFTER you go fraternize with the palace guard and AFTER you work on getting that tight little body of yours in shape."
"...ok papa..."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7