Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: We're playing Princess Maker 2! Part 3: Hogwarts woulda been cheaper.  (Read 38741 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

How could I have missed this?
I love this old game!
PTW!

Edit: By the way, whenever I was playing the game, a nice vacation used to help against delinquency.. sometimes..
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 03:52:05 pm by Ultimuh »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How could I have missed this?
I love this old game!
PTW!

Edit: By the way, whenever I was playing the game, a nice vacation used to help against delinquency.. sometimes..

You can also just talk to her and sometimes get lucky and remove her delinquency.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

I think that depends on some relationship value though. I mean one point doesn't really cut it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

You guys see the painting to the right of lil' scythe? It looks like a creep looking through a window. The orange/yellow orbs are eyes, big red fish is the nose, small red fish is the mouth.

And it is watching our precious princess all day.

Watching. Waiting.

Plotting.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

I think little Scythe needs a spanking.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Well I think it's a housework stat so...
That confirms my theory.  Make her do housework to remove delinquency.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, housework is basically the only thing that increases Temperament.

Delinquent at ten, what a feat.
Funnily enough, it's easier to make her delinquent at ten. As she gets older, she gets more tolerant of stress, although I'm not sure if it's because of increasing stats or she just mellows out as she grows.

Now I guess that is up to everyone if we want to raise any of those but if we don't this will be a problem in the future, killing whole months off our limited amount of time to forge her into something that will make the world tremble. What I'm saying is that a little work there isn't necessarily a bad thing. Also, put her on a robust diet, lets kick that constitution into high gear.
-J-
Not to mention, Constitution increases HP, so lasting longer in a fight isn't a bad thing. Dance class is a faster(though probably more expensive) alternative to robust dieting. It also increases Charisma, which probably increases the rate of ugly rich men trying to pick her up, and we don't want that, do we? ...Do we?
Robust dieting also has a minor disadvantage of extra weight gain, which I think only restricts what dresses she may wear, but there's an easy way to handle that. Vacation at the beach during summer.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not to mention, Constitution increases HP, so lasting longer in a fight isn't a bad thing

What truly TRUELY sucks... is eventually Constitution ends up being a non-factor for fights. Since another MUCH harder to increase stat will essentially be your HP.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

We'd be better off increasing Combat Defense. You don't need HP if you can't get hit.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We'd be better off increasing Combat Defense. You don't need HP if you can't get hit.

We can just passively train HP anyhow by stuffing food down her throat.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

After that brief conversation with Gawd, I think our hero lost all claims to sanity.
It wasn't when he challenged the Prince of Hell, one of the most powerful beings in the universe, to single combat...for the heck of it?
Or when he was born?

Also Darvi your daughter sure likes to eat a ton... Is it true she can actually eat several gold pieces of food in a day?
In the Princess-Maker-Verse, as with many fantasy universes, a combination of alchemy, crust composition, and adventurers screwing with the economy that causes the value of the gold piece to typically be much lower and less stable. It ranges from "about half a penny" to "several dollars" most of the time.

Anyways...let's try the whole "being nice" thing for once, and talk to her nicely but firmly. Or something like that. Then send her to do something that relaxes her while ideally earning money. If catharsis is a feature, we could send her to kill monsters.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile

I say make her do the dishes for once. Give her the taste of real work!

I mean... She's ten years old.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

scythe is an awesome name btw

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

After that brief conversation with Gawd, I think our hero lost all claims to sanity.
It wasn't when he challenged the Prince of Hell, one of the most powerful beings in the universe, to single combat...for the heck of it?
Oh, that's normal. You know how those crazy humans are, they challenge deific beings to fights constantly.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

scythe is an awesome name btw
+1

Oh, that's normal. You know how those crazy humans are, they challenge deific beings to fights constantly.
You guys, maybe. I have never challenged such a being to single combat, which is how I reached the Great Wyrm category. That, and a knack for picking good minions and keeping adventurers away.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7