Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Alcohol.  (Read 2840 times)

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
Re: Alcohol.
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2013, 10:14:13 pm »

I rarely drink, but when I do it's generally cider or occasionally beer. Not terribly predisposed to a spirit-and-soft-drink (usually whiskey and coke around here), but I'll take it if it's all that's available.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2013, 10:20:52 pm »

I drink a lot of stuff...

For my regular consumption I mostly drink cider, but I often buy european or local beers. I tend to go with whites, lagers, fruit beers and IPAs during summer and ales, scotch ales and stouts during winter. I also like to drink white and black velvet.

For drinks I like Rum & Coke, Long Island Iced Tea and I really love Gin & Tonic.

Sometimes I drink small glasses of Chartreuse and Grand Marnier on the rocks or some Coureur des Bois (Irish cream with maple syrup)

I like wine, but I never buy wine.

And finally, for special occasion I use Ice Cider

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 12:06:04 am »

Hard cider is awesome. For your average beer, I like fruity ones with no bitterness and as little beer taste as possible. Shit beer is good if I want to get drunk.

If I'm drinking actual really good beer, like something that an actual person brewed and not something I picked up in a 6-pack at the store, then I like it as dark and nutty as possible.

Shitty sweet wines are awesome and shitty sweet champagne is even better. Dry wine is nasty.

I'm not big on liqueurs. I usually only buy whatever I need to mix into something else. Frangelico is solid, though.

Bourbon or gin are good if I have to drink liquor. I refuse to drink vodka, but I can tolerate all other liquors in a pinch.

As for mixed drinks, I'll take anything with a decent amount of sour mix and/or grenadine in it.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 12:15:42 am »

Cider, yes. Mead is amazing if it doesn't ferment completely and is still sweet, but I can't find anybody who makes it that way, so I only have it when I invest the effort myself. Wine in general, yes, and dark beers are great. Not a fan of liquor, at least not any more after that time I vomited blood. Haven't been able to enjoy the taste since. For mixed drinks, sweet things in general.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 12:38:41 am »

Shitty sweet wines are awesome

Wild Vines, for the win. Blueberry flavor. Lover Girl and I are very fond of it.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2013, 10:30:08 am »

I mainly drink girl alcohols, with quite a load of sugar.
I like to be moderately drunk, not more. Just enough to be nice with other people, and laugh loudly !

I like cider, too :) like anything sparkling.
Pages: 1 [2]