Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Back to school thread: Textbook total: 1 kidney, 2 virgins and a goat.  (Read 5727 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Back to school thread: Textbook total: 1 kidney, 2 virgins and a goat.
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2013, 07:41:51 am »

I'm not worried.  The only problem is the dreams.  I have been having college dreams something fierce lately.  Usually I dream I'm in like the tenth week of the semester and I realize there's a class I completely forgot about.  Never even been there, don't even have the book.
Those are common, from what I have gathered. I've never had one though, my college dreams are more along the lines of "It's time for a major grade, but wait! You can't remember or write anything because this is a fucking dream! Panic!"
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2013, 08:35:29 am »

I'm not worried.  The only problem is the dreams.  I have been having college dreams something fierce lately.  Usually I dream I'm in like the tenth week of the semester and I realize there's a class I completely forgot about.  Never even been there, don't even have the book.
Oh, man. My senior year, I had one of those. Except, in the dream, it was an extra class that I did remember. But the dream was so convincing that for the rest of the semester I kept worrying that I'd forgotten to go to that class all year in reality.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2013, 02:45:45 pm »

Whoo, assignments on the first day. That's okay though, I've actually been a bit excited for this to start. We have a new, fun cycling schedule, with different ordered classes every day (and we skip two classes every day, except the last two days of the cycle we have four SUPER LONG classes instead of six normal classes...none of the teachers have figured out what to do with those days yet.)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]