Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Freya The WIZARD-HERO: BOSS FIGHT INITIATED  (Read 9066 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: Freya The WIZARD-HERO: BOSS FIGHT INITIATED
« Reply #105 on: June 27, 2013, 09:53:10 pm »

What are the RULES concerning WIZARDLY POWERS?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Freya The Wizard: Reality Is Your Bitch
« Reply #106 on: June 27, 2013, 10:05:58 pm »

The "component seeds" represent what abilities you have with that specific type of power. It is assumed you can perform pretty much any sort of basic spell/aura/psyche of the seeds you have. Like, you don't need to combine Blood Magic with anything to turn a corpse into a zombie, and it doesn't drain much of your mana. However, combining Blood Magic with Metacreative powers makes for a much more powerful zombie at the price of more mana.

By combining "component seeds" you can create a new WIZARDLY POWER, which basically means "epic spell". It takes time to research, create, and refine a WIZARDLY POWER and have it work as expected, but you can assemble any sort of WIZARDLY POWER on the fly and it stands a chance of working.

The definition of our current seeds is as follows, and is is cribbed from d20srd.org / Wikipedia.

Spoiler: Seed Descriptions (click to show/hide)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2013, 10:21:35 pm »

I still do NOT UNDERSTAND SEEDS and their RELATIONSHIPS. WHAT would be the DIFFERENCE between a CHAOS and RITUAL-BASED 'SILENCE' POWER?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 10:27:17 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 27, 2013, 10:51:20 pm »

Alrighty then, let's charbroil these sum'bitches
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2013, 06:02:55 pm »

As the person who first suggested a plan, and one more sophisticated than a fiery suicide, i hereby use my non-existent veto against casting a big fireball in the room, unless we are meta-creative enough to make it only burn the enemies. (moving any heat near any of our minions or us to where the BOSS is would be a good idea, that way there's 4x the heat on him, and lots of little holes where we don't burn our minions)
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #110 on: June 29, 2013, 06:06:50 pm »

As the person who first suggested a plan, and one more sophisticated than a fiery suicide, i hereby use my non-existent veto against casting a big fireball in the room, unless we are meta-creative enough to make it only burn the enemies. (moving any heat near any of our minions or us to where the BOSS is would be a good idea, that way there's 4x the heat on him, and lots of little holes where we don't burn our minions)
+1 veto
I'm waiting on more info from Mister Vernal before finalizing my vote.
(though I'm leaning heavily towards some new-power prototyping)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 06:08:34 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 29, 2013, 06:45:37 pm »

I believe the GM previously stated that we could make a really big, hot one that can hit all of them w/o cooking our minions into nice little roasts.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2013, 07:28:51 pm »

but not big enough to harm ourselves or our companions?

The CONCEPTS are MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE.

That means they don't play well together.
Badges of honor

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 29, 2013, 08:06:16 pm »

but not big enough to harm ourselves or our companions?

The CONCEPTS are MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE.

That means they don't play well together.
Well I misread that

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2013, 10:35:24 pm »

RITUAL takes an extra round and has a better chance of working. You PICK what you want and APPLY IT.

CHAOS is basically saying "Eh, FUCK IT" and throwing EVERYTHING at the concept and hoping some of it STICKS.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2013, 11:56:14 pm »

Ooh ooh ooh, I like CHAOS!  Can we do CHAOS?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2013, 12:18:59 am »

Should we use CHAOS, do we have to throw EVERYTHING, EVERY TIME? Even with PRACTICE? Or does it get better?
Badges of honor

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2013, 01:16:37 am »

With CHAOS, you can do EVERYTHING, NOTHING, SOMETHING, and/or ANYTHING.

You just happen to think EVERYTHING is the best idea because you don't know what SOMETHING would be a GOOD THING, ANYTHING is open to WIZARDLY DEBATE, and NOTHING will just stop POWERS IN GENERAL for some time, leaving you MOSTLY USELESS.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 01:18:27 am by Ross Vernal »

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2013, 02:00:57 am »

Once we've created the spell, does the spell continue to suffer ill-effects of using chaos as it's base? (which are yet to be seen...is it as chaotic as CHAOS would suggest? If so, I don't see how anyone could make a bona-fide wizardly power with it- if conjuring a 3-story duck is just as likely as silencing the other wizard, you might as well make a single CHAOS spell and forget about it.)
However, if I'm following you, you can throw any of 4 different types of CHAOS at it- if you throw SOMETHING, it could make an ant or it could make a rather large supernova. NOTHING seems like a rather narrowly-defined possibility, unless it incorporates different methods of achieving NOTHING. ANYTHING is singular, while EVERYTHING is multiples. Is this correct?
Badges of honor

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 30, 2013, 02:16:11 am »

CHAOS does not necessarily have ill effects. SOMETHING is specific. EVERYTHING is general. NOTHING is all the things that are not. ANYTHING is singular.

[It is possible you will make the wizard mute. It is possible you will make the wizard unable to cast. It is possible you will be unable to cast. It is possible that $RANDTARGET is unable to cast. You may grant Nullpower to some random target. You may end up having everyone be unable to talk. You may make the wizard deaf by mistake.

Chaos is very ambiguous. While it is certainly possible that you'll invoke a giant rubber duckie, you're far more likely to have unforseen consequences along the lines of what you actually want to do.]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9