Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 408590 times)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game Ep.48
« Reply #1470 on: January 17, 2014, 03:53:59 pm »

Greetings Michael, new voice here.

Please think of me as your common sense.

Go inside duh

We need to plan ahead, as I see it there is four cases we could encounter:

1: Clover has not yet drunk the potion, do we try to make her drink it or not?

2: She has drunk it, and is dead, what then? Do we try our luck at corprus and drinking?

3: Drunk it, and lived, she is the Neverarine. Do we try and join forces with her? Perhaps pretending to be her guardian angel or something?

4: She has already left.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: January 17, 2014, 04:16:49 pm »

1) Good question

2) Have a long talk with Divayth Fyr

3 & 4) If she has already left, it means that she drank it, survived, and is thus the Nerevarine. Thus, we know that we are not, and are free to pursue our own path to power.

Here's what we know: Dagoth Ur knows of us, and from the way he talks, does not seem to think we're the Nerevarine. In the game he and his minions always call the PC "Nerevar", but here they refer to us as "Michael." They implore us to come to him, but because we are "interesting." If Dagoth Ur doesn't think we're the Nerevarine, then I doubt we are. In which case, Corprus does not seem like a good idea.

However, in the game, Fyr's experimental potion was part of a long line. It could be that the formula he tried on the Nerevarine simply happened to be the first successful one, and thus might possibly work on other people (like us).

Oh, we should try to get to Yagrum before our cell phone dies. Also, examine the Magicka of our phone. Does anything about it seem different compared to our other possessions?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Urist_McGamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: January 17, 2014, 05:54:47 pm »

Glad I got caught up with this. I sure missed a lot.

Also, examine the Magicka of our phone.

Seconding this.
But others might prefer to have the mess contained behind windows to avoid tracking blood all over the their nice, color coordinated floor patterns. Kind of the Ozzy Osborne vs. Martha Stewart debate.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: January 17, 2014, 08:20:25 pm »

Oh, we should try to get to Yagrum before our cell phone dies. Also, examine the Magicka of our phone.
This, and talk to Divayth Fyr and find out what happened with Clover. Let him know we know about Corprus and it's connection to Dagoth ur and his plans (those who actually have played Morrowind might be of more use than me here), and that we want to help. Help Morrowind, I mean, not Dagoth Ur... Because 4 000 year old Telvanni mage-lord isn't interested in some random imperial who swam to his private island (Michael, you might want to dry up before going in, get any sand out of your hair, that sort of things...), but if we know something usefull we have chance to keep ourself near the important people who make the decisions and keep the plot moving towards Dagoth getting killed. And Clover should drink the potion, if my suspicions are correct she'll live and has already left, and we'll stay one step behind talking to the people who give her all those quests convincing them to do just that...

Also, before going in go ask Cinia if she's willing to give us ride back to mainland, if we can't get out via (someone elses) magic. If things go bad and we're chased out by fireballs and daedra...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 08:22:53 pm by Mr. Strange »
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

The_Jester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: January 17, 2014, 10:21:45 pm »

If Clover took the potion and survived that doesn't make her the Nerevarine. The person who fulfills all of the prophecies is the Nerevarine. Whoever fulfills the prophecies first becomes the Nerevarine. That is just how elder scrolls lore works. Michael is just as capable of becoming the Nerevarine as Clover (possibly more so since we already know he meets some of the requirements and we have no idea about her) providing he finishes the prophecies first. So whether Clover survives taking the potion or not, we still have to determine whether we want Michael to try to fulfill them.

My vote is yes. This means contracting corprus and drinking the potion, unless someone can think of another way to become immune to disease. We need to enter the tower, be as honest as we can with the wizard about who we are (because of the marks) without revealing too much about our knowledge, and find out what happened to Clover. We then need to ask him to infect us with corprus, and ask for the potion. Perhaps we could tell him we are studying the beneficial aspects of corprus and we heard he was the expert on the disease, play to his ego. We should not talk to him about Dagoth Ur, as we have no idea what his feelings on the matter are, or where his allegiances might lie.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: January 17, 2014, 11:24:52 pm »

Let's just get one thing perfectly clear: Divayth Fyr is cool and completely deserves our utmost respect and honesty.

He's been to other worlds. We know where his allegiences lie; they're with himself, like any Telvanni mage-lord, and certainly not with Dagoth Ur. He's a compassionate one, but he lives only for his own passions and interests... those just happen to include Corprus, because it fascinates him. He freed a certain badass argonian from slavery and now he's his loyal friend and warden of the Corprusarium. He has a fascination with the Dwemer, and in the game Caius sends the player there with some gifts, but I don't think those will be necessary in these circumstances.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: January 17, 2014, 11:36:15 pm »

Huh. So he can't see anything in a spoiler? Interesting. And sad, I don't like making overly long posts.

We figured out some stuff got lost in transition and how, so that shouldn't happen again.

Something that may interest you however is that we can see and know your stats in detail, just give us a ring if you want to know one in particular or an info dump.

The_Jester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: January 18, 2014, 12:02:35 am »

Fyr may be 'cool' but you just said it, he is interested in himself, not Michael. Blurting out random information about things that a normal person wouldn't know about is just as likely to cause him to think Michael is a threat as it is to make him trust us. I totally agree that he deserves respect and honesty, mostly because he IS a vastly powerful and ancient Tellvani who arent known for their mercy or putting up with people who annoy them, but what we don't want to do is start blurting out random information about the future, Dagoth Ur, or our knowledge of certain characters and events.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: January 18, 2014, 03:09:58 am »

Have you ever played Morrowind? Unlike other Telvanni, he is considered relatively merciful and beneficent. Not to mention he's rather jovial in person. I don't mean self-interest as in the capitalist sense, I mean he pursues things he finds interesting: his number one concern is finding out more about them. He's known to enjoy a good story, and would likely find ours fascinating. So consumed is he by his research in the subjects that catch his fancy that he'll talk your ear off about such things if you let him. He's literally the kind of person to say "most curious!"

I can hardly think of a better term for him than "nerdy."

Additionally, he can hardly be bothered with things he's not interested in, like politics. He'd be more likely to find us a scientific curiosity than any kind of threat to his power (we pose absolutely none in any case).
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 03:13:45 am by HugoLuman »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: January 18, 2014, 03:21:12 am »

I think we should reserve showing off the cell phone for Yagrum Bagarn, though. If there's still power left, Divayth Fyr is the second best person.

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: January 18, 2014, 10:45:14 am »

Michael you sly dog! Leveling up and getting on with the ladies, you are looking good without that hat. To bad about all the stuff you lost.

You know, it hit me that your phone probably have a calculator function. You might be able to sell or trade it of for a high price as a magic math box for difficult calculations. Though they might get angry when the battery runs out.

I know, that Dwemer in Tel Fyr should know about electricity and know how to produce it. Show the mobile phone and the calculator function to Divayth Fyr when you get the opportunity. See if you can trade it for an artifact or something. Explain that it need to charged with electricity which his basement dwemer should be able to figure that out. If he do not want to trade ask to show it to the dwemer anyway, the technology will probably fascinate him and he might be able to help recharge it for you.
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

Parcae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: January 18, 2014, 12:32:24 pm »

Before any of that happens, we should probably request a quick update that shows Divayth's attitude towards us, and what happened to Clover. That will determine our next course of action, so there's not much point in speculating until we know at least that much.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: January 19, 2014, 05:13:16 am »

When we see Bagrum, start asking him questions to see if physics are anything like Earth.
For example, how do they measure the magnitude of a spell? In energy released per second? How does that value equate to other units of measurement? What are the standard units of measurement that are used in Morrowind for science? Are shock spells AC or DC?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 12:00:24 pm by Supercharazad »

The_Jester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: January 19, 2014, 10:39:08 am »

Yes I have played Morrowind, and your opinions on Fyr are fine, but don't pretend that you have any idea how he will act here. This is a 4000 year old wizard who spends his time with monsters, clones of himself(that he probably does disturbing things with), and the last Dwemer. We have no idea how he will react to Michael, so we should be cautious. Which is all I have been saying we should be.

As for the stuff about trying to charge our phone and discussing physics with Bagarn, I think that is getting a bit ahead of ourselves. The main question is what do we do about Clover's fate? Let's not get sidetracked, that is why Michael came in the first place. I already expressed my opinion.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: January 19, 2014, 12:45:27 pm »

Yes I have played Morrowind, and your opinions on Fyr are fine, but don't pretend that you have any idea how he will act here. This is a 4000 year old wizard who spends his time with monsters, clones of himself(that he probably does disturbing things with), and the last Dwemer. We have no idea how he will react to Michael, so we should be cautious. Which is all I have been saying we should be.

We know fairly well how he might behave precisely because of the way he behaves in game and where he is mentioned in the lore: he's an extremely eccentric professor type. He's neither unpredictably insane nor above our comprehension. And as a 4,000 year old wizard, he's seen some weird shit in his time (he knows how to go anywhere in Oblivion and back almost at will). We don't need to lie to him for fear of making him feel threatened with our information. What we really need to be careful about is minding our manners. There's nothing we can do or say that could make him feel threatened, but that doesn't mean we can't still offend him.

Just thought of a problem: we've only got one levitation potion. In order to get back down safely we'll need the wizard's help. Normally he gives the player a pair of dwemer levitation boots to take to Yagrum for repair, but he probably gave them to clover. Now, he's 4,000 years old and has got a magicka pool big enough to drown Michael Phelps, but it might be rude to ask more than once. We'll need to say everything we can while we're up there.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 12:57:38 pm by HugoLuman »
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 161