Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 408601 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game Ep.48
« Reply #1485 on: January 19, 2014, 03:58:17 pm »

Once we've gotten important stuff out of the way, if he's still willing to talk to us, ask him about:
Delyna Mandas (check in on her on the way, too!)
Ask about the Propylon Index, if it's still there.
Try to get some info on the dwemer, since we might have a little more leeway filling Trebonius's mission when we meet him than in-game. (assuming, again, clover hasn't beaten us to it)

Since there's a decent chance we'll have to head into the Corprasarium at some point, does anyone know exactly where the guarskin drum is? Once we do that, we should be able to ask for some keys and go unlock Corprasarium chests and get some loot and stuff safely, right?

The_Jester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: January 19, 2014, 04:37:10 pm »

We don't need to lie to him for fear of making him feel threatened with our information. What we really need to be careful about is minding our manners.

We agree. Don't lie, but be careful and respectful in what you say.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: January 20, 2014, 12:41:19 am »

Since there's a decent chance we'll have to head into the Corprasarium at some point, does anyone know exactly where the guarskin drum is? Once we do that, we should be able to ask for some keys and go unlock Corprasarium chests and get some loot and stuff safely, right?

I think that, unlike in the game, Vistha Kai will actually hunt us if we attempt to go looting, so we'll have to deal with an Argonian badass, rather than just easily-dodged Corprus patients. We can't fight him either, only dodge: Divayth Fyr's rules are that thieves must endure/dodge him and the patients. They may keep any treasure they get, but only if they follow those rules. I don't think Vistha Kai will hunt us if we're just there for visiting, though.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: January 20, 2014, 10:35:50 am »

Ah, didn't realize he was even supposed to hunt as. Scratch that anyway - but we'll still need to go into the Corprasarium to talk to the dwemer, right?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: January 20, 2014, 01:37:19 pm »

Well, he keeps saying how much fun he has killing thieves, so I think he was supposed to but they dummied it out for some reason.

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: January 21, 2014, 04:00:55 am »

Recommend asking boat captain how long she will stay in port and whether we can take passage back.
Re: energizing the cellphone, surely this should be doable in a land where bottles can be blasted out of sand with a flame spell.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: January 21, 2014, 11:28:53 am »

We'd just need to find a source with the right voltage. Too little and the current won't flow, too much and it will overload. We can always make a transformer, though: we'd need 2 metal rods and something that would work as wire to coil around them.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: January 21, 2014, 12:06:51 pm »

Maybe Yagrum Bagarn could figure it out :I

I seriously think that talking to Yagrum Bagarn is pretty important.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: January 21, 2014, 01:56:07 pm »

Use the cellphone to attract the mage dudes interest if he doesn't want to talk to us.

Just in case.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: January 21, 2014, 02:07:36 pm »

Huh. If Cinia is here on Tel Fyr, it means that Morrowind Patch Project is installed in some form, as she did not exist otherwise (and there was no ability to train Medium Armor to Master level without her). Interesting observation, but not really relevant in the current situation.

We do need to make sure to gauge Divath Fyr's reaction to minor revelations before letting him know more world breaking information; preferably after requesting his assistance. We don't want to end up as experiment material to a 4000 year old possibly insane Telvanni wizard. Though the fact he runs the Corpusarium shows at least some amount of hospitality.

Aside from mentioned above, inquire about his ability to travel between realms at will, and if it can be learned or performed upon others within reasonable safe limits. I recently read in my own Morrowind playthrough the Varieties of Daedra book, which mentions this ability as something he and he alone possesses. Additionally, if he seems okay with answering the above question, ask if he has knowledge of the realm of your origin, showing him the cell phone, some of the non-ruined paper of your note pad, and possibly the t-shirt as focus points for where you were originally from.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: January 21, 2014, 02:15:21 pm »

I thought it was Doors of Oblivion that said that he could do that?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: January 21, 2014, 03:15:29 pm »

Both. He instructed one person, I believe, but that guy wound up lost in Apocrypha.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: January 21, 2014, 03:48:28 pm »

Suggestion cutoff

Update might be a couple days away. Real life. Meanwhile feel free to continue to speculate about things.

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: January 21, 2014, 06:02:14 pm »

Do we know Michaels birth sign, incidentally? That would be good to know.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: January 21, 2014, 06:08:54 pm »

As we wasn't born in this world (and possibly wasn't "born" at all), I don't think he has one.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 161