Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 408455 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game Ep.50
« Reply #1545 on: February 21, 2014, 06:59:38 am »

600 gold will be enough for us to learn a magic school. Personally? I'm pretty damn happy with that. We're lucky the phone survived the trip here, and it's probably not gonna last much longer. I say we accept the deal.

But we should also tell him about the others who seem in some way related to us - some way out of this world. Clover, SexyWithers, MurderHappyDude, etc.

Tell him we've seen that something is different about them, and we've been trying to interact with them for a while.

If we sell the phone to him, and he sees any of them again, we'd greatly appreciate him assigning them a quest to come and see us.

Because if we don't figure stuff out, Dagoth Ur is totally gonna wreck stuff, imminently, and since he's right about things really being different enough that we can't be sure how things will turn out, he should probably be prepared for that.

Oh yeah, totally worth mentioning the whole "Dagoth Ur is gonna wreck stuff, like, imminently" thing.

Also say we'd like to speak to the Dwemer anyway.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 07:02:40 am by GlyphGryph »

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: February 21, 2014, 09:40:03 am »

I'd like to note that there may be some levitation potions at one of the doorways near the bottom of the shaft.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: February 21, 2014, 01:58:22 pm »

Maybe he can train us in stead of monetary payment.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: February 21, 2014, 03:04:26 pm »

Tell him the world you come from have no magic.
Then explain that this have helped create the phone without the use of magic and the phone itself also can perfom mathematics. Show him its calculator function.
Start with this, continue with explaining how it's charged, show him the battery that provides energy for it.
Don't brag about our math skills, but mention that Mages guild was impressed when someone without any skill in magic could solve their equations.

Agree to sell it to Fyr, but ask if we could show it to Yagrum first and talk with him about it. And ask about getting past that argonian down there and getting back to him.

Maybe tell Divayth about the whole world reset thing that happens when you die?
Also this. Mention that our roommate Caius important and knowledgeable in dragon-lore person thought they were dragon breaks.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: February 21, 2014, 03:44:43 pm »

600 gold will be enough for us to learn a magic school. Personally? I'm pretty damn happy with that. We're lucky the phone survived the trip here, and it's probably not gonna last much longer. I say we accept the deal.
We have a chance to talk to a dwemer about electronics. Could we really live with ourselves if we were within 1000 feet of the last living one and did not show the phone to him?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: February 21, 2014, 04:04:01 pm »

Maybe tell Divayth about the whole world reset thing that happens when you die?
This could have merit
Also this.

I don't often give you guys advice, but are you certain it's wise to tell the thousands year old wizard who:

1) Is a biological hobbyist who clones people for fun and profit, thinks corprus is really cool and hesitates to call it a disease, and has as an entire basement full of horribly bodily-mangled half-insane monstrosities who can't die of old age...because that's his hobby.
2) At least in vanilla, imprisons even Redoran nobility in his dungeon and then forgets about them with impunity.
3) Cares so little for your dignity that the first thing he did on meeting you was ask you to disrobe, without explanation, so that he could examine you.
4) Subsequently then told you with a straight face that  "your discomfort was a price he was willing to pay"
5) Has outright stated that one of the reasons he wants you to go through the corprusarium is that you might die, resulting in him getting what he wants without having to pay for it.

...does it seem like a good idea to any of you to tell this person that if you die, the world resets and nothing bad happens?

Does anyone think that's a good idea?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: February 21, 2014, 04:16:30 pm »

I certainly don't!

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: February 21, 2014, 04:21:39 pm »

We truly have a merciful GM.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: February 21, 2014, 04:23:32 pm »

Also, we don't know for sure that it happens when we die. It only happened once when we died, and it happened again while we were still alive. Michael doesn't remember the former, but he does remember the latter. We'd be better off asking him if he noticed the world resetting.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: February 21, 2014, 04:45:56 pm »

No, then he'd probably go through a line of questioning about that if he didn't.

Dude's the most powerful mage on Nirn outside of maybe ALMSIVI. Mages are scientists, and we're dealing with one that must have a very good sense of significance.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: February 21, 2014, 06:47:22 pm »

Also, we don't know for sure that it happens when we die. It only happened once when we died,
and it happened again while we were still alive.

Not sure what you're referring to when you say "it happened while you were alive."

Regarding death in general, I'll simply say at this point that there is a very high level of gameplay and story integration here. Go read episode episode 18 again and think very carefully about what happened after you died. Dying is a thing that happens. It is not an invisible non-event. It's a phenomenon that is integrated into gameplay. There are a number of implications to that that I think most of you have not considered, and a few that you probably don't have enough information to reasonably guess. For example, consider the present situation with Divayth. If you tell him he can kill you without consequence, there is absolutely no way he wouldn't ask for a demonstration. What if, hypothetically...you explain that when you die "the world resets." And what if, hypothetically, Divayth finds this fascinating, and is smart enough to lock you in the dungeon for a couple days before killing you, hypothetically resulting in a "game load" event to a point after having been imprisoned rather than before? Do you then end up locked in hundreds or thousands of iterations of Divayth killing you over and over trying to figure out the secret of your immortality?

I'm not saying that would happen. But consider the implications.

Or, hey....here's another scary thought: remember in episode 18 when you died, you did not "vanish" or "restore" immediately. You were floating over your corpse for a while, watching what happened before reverting to two episodes prior. Think about how faction standings work. There's no "invisible gameplay mechanic" whereby npcs "magically know" your guild affiliations. Rather, guild marks are intregrated into gameplay in a way that npcs are aware of. So...hypothetically what happens if say...somebody with really good magic vision is able to see your non-corporeal form hovering motionless over your body? What if they happen to know the soul trap spell? What if it works?

Again, I'm neither confirming nor denying that such a thing could happen. And I don't want you guys to be so scared of death that you hide in a cave. But I'm fairly certain that there are implications and possible consequences to the death phenomenon that most of you have not fully considered. I advise you to...without hiding in a cave...take very seriously the idea that dying could potentially be very bad.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: February 21, 2014, 08:18:40 pm »

Well, technically they do "magically know": we are marked, after all. But only those who see magic can see our marks.

By "while we were still alive" I mean that time it reset mid-conversation with the general. I'm not advocating telling Divayth it resets whenever we die, because for all we know that isn't true. All we know is that the world has reset twice (that the GM has told us), and only one of those times coincided with our death.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: February 21, 2014, 08:54:07 pm »

Leave that information out. I honestly don't even see what the advantage of telling him is.

He's a pretty powerful wizard though. I'm surprised no one besides me even wants to consider having one of the most powerful wizards in Morrowind train us.

Barring that, my vote goes to taking the gold. You guys are crazy if you think wimpy Michael can make it to the Dwemer guy. :P

No offense Michael :-[
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 02:28:48 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: February 21, 2014, 08:58:19 pm »

I think it'd be better to barter for training in exchange for the phone.

Training from Divayth Fyr could be crazy.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: February 21, 2014, 09:04:34 pm »

Well, when you put it like that. Though I don't know if he would have time for us.

TBH, unless Vistha Kai attacks, then making it through the corprusarium is piss-easy. It's not like it's a freaking daedric shrine. I just ran through it with someone of Michael's stats (vanilla though). You don't even encounter any hostile patients on my proposed route, and the passages are wide enough to sidestep them if any happen to follow. Seriously, those guys are slow.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 161