Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 408605 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game Ep.59
« Reply #1950 on: May 04, 2014, 01:42:10 pm »

you guys are aware we can probably sell that for a rather high amount of dosh right

it's an imported apple

a golden imported apple

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: May 04, 2014, 01:44:56 pm »

*Squints*

Hermaeus Mora?

Shit, that's actually probably what it is. I wouldn't have gotten that. I actually didn't catch the Eldritch horror stuff until it got pointed out.

Michael, whatever you do, don't eat that apple.

a golden imported apple

If I know my apples at all, when LB says golden delicious, it isn't meant literally. It's just a sort of light yellow color.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: May 04, 2014, 01:51:19 pm »

I agree that we should at least show the apple to someone. Of course, if the sudden disappearance of trees means what I think it means, then we might be Somewhere Else right now and there mightn't be anyone else here.

We're hungry now? Is that hunger only for the apple? We should eat some of the meat in our pack to see if that satiates us at all, rather than eat the apple yet. Or, if the hunger signifies a sudden change, we should check to see if our stuff is subject to decomposition now.

Speaking of which, you bring up an interesting point, Michael. Our body has been behaving differently than expected this whole time, but not in ways always consistent with the information in the world around us. If you went around reading books, you'd find mention of people dying from thirst/starvation (in the story Bone, for instance) and getting infected wounds (the 2920 series). Do these weird bodily exceptions apply to everyone, or just us/a select few?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: May 04, 2014, 02:02:58 pm »

If someone secretly altering your perceptions is offering knowledge, giving a warning about it, and needs it clearly stated that you specifically were looking for them and wanted to speak with them...

Eating that apple is likely a significant step towards a bad end. Giving it to probably-Twilight, likewise. I think probably-Pinkie would be the best one to ask about whether it's related to a local daedric lord or something worse.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: May 04, 2014, 02:05:18 pm »

Eat the apple.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: May 04, 2014, 02:06:19 pm »

Eat the apple.
Don't eat it yet. Show it to people first. Draren, for instance.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: May 04, 2014, 02:13:10 pm »

Is it possible that the voice we heard at the beginning was Vaermina instead of Azura or Luna? Maybe this is all a Daedric princess fueled fever dream, and Mr. Mora just wanted to get in on the action. Or maybe it was Mephala messing with Michael for fun? I don't remember anyone suspecting any Daedric prince besides Azura up until now, but correct me if I'm wrong on that one.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: May 04, 2014, 02:18:10 pm »

Michael, snap out of it. You're better than that.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: May 04, 2014, 02:21:35 pm »

Is it possible that the voice we heard at the beginning was Vaermina instead of Azura or Luna? Maybe this is all a Daedric princess fueled fever dream, and Mr. Mora just wanted to get in on the action. Or maybe it was Mephala messing with Michael for fun? I don't remember anyone suspecting any Daedric prince besides Azura up until now, but correct me if I'm wrong on that one.
Well, there were not-really-serious allusions to Sheogorath, but other than that all the speculation has been about Azura.

Let's look at something for a moment. The only thing the others shared with their MLP counterparts were behavior patterns and (I think) general personalities. They didn't seem to be pulling one over on us. But now we find one who shares not only behavior, but appearance, name, and voice, and she turns out to be... something else. I'm not sure what the implications are but it's probably significant.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: May 04, 2014, 02:33:32 pm »

Eat the apple. Eat it. Do it. Do it. Come on, you know you want to. Do it. Eat the apple.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: May 04, 2014, 03:51:57 pm »

*Squints*

Hermaeus Mora?

Shit, that's actually probably what it is. I wouldn't have gotten that. I actually didn't catch the Eldritch horror stuff until it got pointed out.
Oh wow. Yeah, that's totally a valid alternative to an Ascended Sleeper.

Oh shit.
Quote from: UESP
Hermaeus Mora, also called the Golden Eye
Yyyyyyep, the Daedric Prince of knowledge, memory, and fate has taken an interest in us for some probably obvious reason.

On the other hand:
Unlike most Princes, Hermaeus Mora does not take on a humanoid form at all
So it's unlikely to have been him personally... at least, as far as eldritch gods of memory and fate are bound by typical conventions.

But if so that's okay because he has help:

Unspoilered for Michael's benefit. Hi Applejack!

Also uh theory:
Black Books are Daedric artifacts created by Hermaeus Mora, the Daedric Prince of Fate and Knowledge. Each book contains some manner of forbidden knowledge. Some books are from the ancient past; some are from the future. The thick tomes are bound in black covers, with a symbol representing Mora on the front, and emit a black mist. They are comparable to the Oghma Infinium, another tome of knowledge created by Mora; however, through the reading of the Black Books, individuals can obtain much more power than that gained from the Oghma Infinium alone. The books were spread across Tamriel by Mora, and are usually located in the depths of ancient dungeons.

Through reading a Black Book, the reader will enter Apocrypha, the realm of Oblivion created and ruled over by Hermaeus Mora. Tentacles will emerge from the tome and envelop the reader. An apparition of the reader's body remains in Mundus, tethering their life force. Most mortals who read a Black Book are driven insane, but those who successfully journey through Apocrypha are known to discover powerful knowledge. Dying in Apocrypha while reading a Black Book simply banishes the reader back to Tamriel. Rereading a book will return the reader to the same area of Apocrypha, allowing them to attempt Mora's gauntlets again or harness the power of a different piece of knowledge. Copies of the contents of Black Books can be made without entering Apocrypha.
Could this apple be a Black Book by another form? And if so... uh... I get the feeling we're unqualified to enter the realm of a Daedric Prince as an intruder, but I wonder if they'd be more accommodating to polite people who follow the rules?

Also in theory being slain there just shunts us back to our coma'd body here, so it'd be just the unending madness to contend with.

Frankly I'm not sure how much we have to lose.

Let's look at something for a moment. The only thing the others shared with their MLP counterparts were behavior patterns and (I think) general personalities. They didn't seem to be pulling one over on us. But now we find one who shares not only behavior, but appearance, name, and voice, and she turns out to be... something else. I'm not sure what the implications are but it's probably significant.
Given Applejack's unnatural and cliche appearance and the general mindfuckery surrounding these events in general, I'd say we're dealing with an entity that knows what we want or know and is trying to give it to us. Awesomeicus is Rainbow Dash-like because she's in some way related to Rainbow Dash. TotallyMammalApplejack is Applejack because it's trying to be Applejack because it knows we were seeking Applejack.

As for why it wants us to think it's Applejack, I'm not sure.

Speaking of potions, you really, really should remember to buy some panic potions and/or scrolls so that you don't die horribly like you almost have a couple times now because you keep forgetting to do that. Of course, right now you barely have the money to afford one. But it's nevertheless something you really something you should do something about. Because right now one cliff racer showing up at a bad time and you would be horribly, horribly dead. It's very strange that you keep forgetting about that no matter how many times you remind yourself to remember to do it, and despite the fact that you've very recently had two close calls where you almost either died or in one case almost got abducted by an Ascended Sleeper because of it.

Buy a scabbard/sheath for your viperblade and all daggers. From now on whenever you buy a weapon
you might need access to, you MUST wear it on your person in a way it can be drawn and used.

You tell Draren that you'll be back soon, then stop by Arille's and pay 2 gold for a pair of scabbards for your extra daggers. While you glance over his inventory of healing potions and divine intervention scrolls you vaguely remember there was something you wanted to remember to buy. If there were a god in heaven, and if he were a kind god, surely he would remind you about whatever it was. Of course, if he did remind you again and again and you nevertheless kept ignoring and forgetting about it, presumably it would be entirely your fault for continually neglecting and forgetting about-

Oh! Is that a shiny gold coin on the ground? What good fortune! Somebody must have dropped it. You happily pick up the gold coin and continue on your way.

Gained one gold
Yeah, we fucked ourselves with that one. Too late now, I suspect, though it's not like the apple is likely to spoil. Maybe we should try to find a divine intervention scroll before doing anything? But again, if it's a Black Book that shouldn't matter, and if it's an insidious tentacle seed that also shouldn't matter.

I think probably-Pinkie would be the best one to ask about whether it's related to a local daedric lord or something worse.
This is an interesting notion.

The issue I have with showing the apple to anyone else is that they're not likely to know what veiled Daedric traps are any more than we do. Maybe if they see it as something other than us (please not a gold coin please not a gold coin please not a gold coin) that'd be a dead giveaway, but otherwise we're talking about knowledge well outside most people's ken. Pinkie Pie is a good option for knowing about exactly that, and there are probably some scholars or something somewhere who could figure it out or have at least heard of something similar... but then again, people tend to not have very good track records with Daedric Princes or artifacts in general.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: May 04, 2014, 03:57:44 pm »

Well, that was disconcerting and creepy.

LordBucket is practically hitting us over the head with something, but because it's over our heads we can't see what it is for sure.

*Squints*

Hermaeus Mora?

That seems wholly possible and more than a little probable, honestly. 'For the most curious'? His sphere is knowledge. It fits.

Eat the apple. Eat it. Do it. Do it. Come on, you know you want to. Do it. Eat the apple.

This. Because reasons. Good reasons. TROPE reasons.

Oh shit.
Hermaeus Mora, also called the Golden Eye
Yyyyyyep, the Daedric Prince of knowledge, memory, and fate has taken an interest in us for some probably obvious reason.

Yeah, that pretty much confirms it. Golden apple, Golden Eye. CONSERVATION OF DETAIL TO THE RESCUE

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: May 04, 2014, 04:06:28 pm »

I'd want to show it to someone else first, just the nearest average dunmer joe, to check for reactions like "What apple?" or "I don't see anything written there."

Could the sudden lack of trees mean we've just been whisked away to Oblivion already?

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: May 04, 2014, 04:11:38 pm »

By the way. The apple says "for the most curious". As in, for one who seeks knowledge. As in, for one who might want to go to apocrypha. Every sign points to old Herma Mora.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: May 04, 2014, 04:28:23 pm »

Could the sudden lack of trees mean we've just been whisked away to Oblivion already?
This was my concern at first, but I think it's more just that there's no trees and therefore no apple trees being intentionally grown on the farm.

One other issue that's occurred to me:
She seems surprised to hear the name, but quickly smiles on seeing you.
If she's an insidious doppleganger waiting to lure us in with knowledge neither of us should possess, why did she seem surprised to be called by her name? Was she some sort of generic trap for anyone who fits the criteria, or maybe someone else entirely? Did she think she looked exactly like Celestia and was waiting for Twilight to come along, but we fit the bill so sure why not? Or did she know everything we knew except the name for some reason, or maybe wasn't told anything but what to look and sound like, or we surprised her because she was busy reading when we came along, or something?

This detail seems significant but I don't know what to make of it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 161