Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 408613 times)

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game Ep.59
« Reply #1965 on: May 04, 2014, 04:32:54 pm »

Don't eat the apple.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 07:28:07 pm by joemoben »
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: May 04, 2014, 04:34:23 pm »

Just caught up and this is awesome.

DON'T EAT THE APPLE. Applejack may not have been what she seemed. Maybe have it examined [Non-destructively] by an alchemist to see if it has any unsual properties.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: May 04, 2014, 05:32:02 pm »

The apple is definitely not what it seems. That's exactly why we should eat it.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: May 04, 2014, 05:32:15 pm »

I don't know what LB has been using, but I like the result.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Michael, was the day you were transported to MorrowReal friday, by any chance? This world being created last friday and all that...

But seriously, look around yourself, are you anywhere near Dren plantation? Keep the apple, it might be usefull later. Also REMEMBER YOU WEREN'T HUNGRY EARLIER, AND APPLEJACK DOESN'T HAVE TENTACLES/FEELERS OR COLD AND SLIMY TOUCH!
And do not show that apple to large crowd or curious mages, find lone guard or farmer and ask what he thinks about it, mainly to confirm that it is an actual apple.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 05:36:21 pm by Mr. Strange »
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: May 04, 2014, 05:55:44 pm »

well, at least the golden apple doesn't say "for the most beautiful". That wouldn't have been solved with anything less than a war ( your reference to greek sounded a bit odd before I linked the dots).

uh. I just remembered... the golden apple in the myth was made by Eris, also known in latin by the name of Discordia ( Discord). it is also known as the apple of discord. I wonder if that is in any way significant?

edit: might as well say something to michael...

that girl was most definitely an illusion, since you noticed tentacles where there should be none. Snap out of it, and ignore your hunger.

I wonder if we should just let michael take this decision for himself, after informing him of all the facts and hypotesis. I doubt there will be an  agreement.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 06:27:09 pm by andrea »

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: May 05, 2014, 12:36:19 am »

Realize that you just noticed a freaking TENTACLE ON THE SUPPOSEDLY FRIENDLY COWBOY CHICK.  Scream in uncomprehending horror, and hurl the apple away from you store the apple in your pack for later investigation.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: May 05, 2014, 12:54:26 am »

I say eat the apple. Noone will be able to give us any compelling evidence one way or another, take a chance it works out for us. Also, I think AJ was just a construct of what we wanted to see.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: May 05, 2014, 12:59:33 am »

: "Ifits all the same to you, pardner, it'd help me a lot if you'd say it. All out loud, like."

: "Say what?"

: "That you was lookin' fer me and that ya wanted to talk with me."

: "Umm...I was looking for you and wanted to talk with you?"

She smiles again, this time with a grin so wide you can't see her cheeks for her grin in the way.

Okay, that last line's creepy, but other than that: this seems pretty important, "her" telling him to say it out loud.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: May 05, 2014, 01:04:36 am »

Okay, that last line's creepy, but other than that: this seems pretty important, "her" telling him to say it out loud.

I'm figuring its an alibi, so whoever is messing with us can say that they were simply reacting instead of initiating.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: May 05, 2014, 01:35:46 am »

I'm figuring its an alibi, so whoever is messing with us can say that they were simply reacting instead of initiating.

Makes sense. Time to get ready for some good old fashioned creative truth telling and question dodging.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: May 05, 2014, 01:45:15 am »

Why are people so hostile to performing ANY kind of investigation before we eat the apple? It's not like it will vanish if we don't bite it immediately. Just see how the nearest average dunmer joe reacts first, at least.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: May 05, 2014, 02:32:56 am »

That's one idea, but it runs into the same issue as creepy fey permission requirements: Why? What would the servant of a Daedric Prince, possibly on direct orders from said Prince, have to work around or obey regarding us? Was she skirting pissing off Azura who has dibs on us? Is there some kind of noninterference agreement or law in effect between or against certain powers?

What's especially strange about all this is that she offered us the apple before getting the statement, which seems to contradict most of the obvious "can't abduct us without permission" type things. I'm almost tempted to say she was fishing for a good show for her boss or a bet win condition or something.

Also, amusing aside:
"Couldn't tell ya pardner.  Never did no formal schoolin' so it's all greek ta me."
I don't like this line because, at first glance, it's an outright lie. Nothing else she said, as far as we can tell, was a lie, exactly, it's just that she was implying to be something she wasn't. But if she is a tentacled servant of the Daedric Prince of Knowledge, not knowing what's written on the apple she's handing us because she "never did no formal schoolin" is obviously untrue.

Unless, of course, she literally just doesn't read or write Cyrodiilic because she's a tentacled horror beyond mortal sanity. That amuses me, even if it still doesn't seem likely to be true because Daedra have existed since the dawn of time and these in particular sometimes read books.

More seriously:
: "Also, there's rumor of a new construction near Lake Amaya north of the Dren Plantation."
DAMN IT. We had more detailed information on the plantation than we thought.

So looking at a map, we've got some options. Originally I was thinking that maybe that fortress mentioned was the new "construction," as Applejack was "fixing it up" into a farm. But there's another option, and really only one other option.

Here you can see Dren Plantation on the lower left corner. Looking for a place to put a construction north of it, there really isn't one. Pretty much everything is manors or existing fields until they turn into volcanic outcroppings.

On the other side, it's a slightly different story. The land still goes volcanic pretty quick, but there's that nice outcropping jutting into Lake Amaya, as well as relatively clear land to the west and north of it. If there really is a new construction out here, it's probably on that outcropping.

If we're not eating the apple, I say we head for that land, or at least get a look at it from the lake. Go around the beach if you go, obviously; we know what happens when you swim, though getting there from the beach directly south of it might be doable.

Why are people so hostile to performing ANY kind of investigation before we eat the apple? It's not like it will vanish if we don't bite it immediately. Just see how the nearest average dunmer joe reacts first, at least.
I'm not necessarily opposed to it, but there is the question of what we'd learn. Supposing we show it to a random guard and they say it's a beating heart. Are we suddenly not going to eat the death apple now that we know something's off about it?

It's a tentacled trap, and we know it's a tentacled trap. It's not necessarily a trap we don't want to walk into, but it's not like we don't know the basics and it's not like there's many people who could tell us any more than that.

Maybe have it examined [Non-destructively] by an alchemist to see if it has any unsual properties.
-1 to this. Until we have a plan on where to find an alchemist, this isn't really a valid action. It's also unlikely to work, since while they might be able to smell something off about it, for the most part alchemy is the art of breaking things down. An alchemist probably isn't going to be able to tell what's off or not about this apple without eating parts of it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: May 05, 2014, 02:46:18 am »

"Couldn't tell ya pardner.  Never did no formal schoolin' so it's all greek ta me."

Oh hey, another dimensional anachronism.

EDIT: You know, beyond the obvious southern belle anachronism.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 02:48:59 am by Xanmyral »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: May 05, 2014, 03:06:05 am »

If there really is a new construction out here, it's probably on that outcropping.
This is bugging me so I'll add a qualifier here:

We have every reason to believe that this new construction is at least comparable to a guild holding. If it's not, however, and this is just Fluttershy building herself an isolated cottage in the woods or something, then obviously there's going to be more places to hide it. This particular example would also amusingly explain the lack of ravenous fauna trying to chew our legs off.

Still, even if this is the case, which as mentioned doesn't seem likely, it's probably in a somewhat isolated area. Aside from the volcanic regions, that general area is still probably the best match.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: May 05, 2014, 03:08:59 am »

I think that out of every episode so far, this one is my second favorite. I look forward to the MST3K of it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 161