Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 403719 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2013, 07:22:44 am »

I've never played Morrowind, just the other Elder Scrolls games, so I don't know where to go. :/

SHUUUUUUUN

Let's go find Caius Cossades!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2013, 07:33:10 am »

Look around the village for anything else interesting while silently lamenting the fact that didn't get marooned in the MLP verse. Because it's harder to get brutally murdered by bandits in Equestria.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2013, 07:38:13 am »

After haggling done, set in toward the standard seyda neen stuff. Check and see if the axe is there, possibly chill on the lighthouse for a while and see if lil'elf-dude's swamp stump is still lootable (and if elf-dude's ring's missing! Discount, discount!), maybe check in with the census office and see if tax-dude is missing (though the last one has that potential combat thing going with it, hrm...) or if there's anything else around town that needs doing.

I'd personally be stripping the place to the ground already if I was playing (iirc, if you're really dedicated you can walk out of Seyda Neen with about 10k septims >_> Maybe it was seven or eight thousand, it's been a while.), but with RP and uncertainty and whatnot that's probably not quite an option. Plus, given the scenario, trader-dude would probably be somewhat suspicious if you started hawking dozens of pillows and silverware to him, I imagine. And you don't have that initial glut from stripping the census office via leniency abuse, ha.

... on the other hand... there are a couple of empty houses, iirc, and there tends to be alchemy ingredients in barrels and sacks and whatnot. Even if you don't actually take them, it might be a good chance to do a little comparison between appropriately harvested and what you did before.

I'm also kinda' curious all of a sudden about stuff like clean water and whatnot, ha. Just 'cause the natives drink it doesn't mean you can, and given the whole fantasy-land thing, it'd be a pretty sad (and hilarious) way to go to take a sip of water and die to some kind of arcane hyper-dysentery everyone else is naturally immune to.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2013, 12:39:33 pm »

We landed in a pool of swamp water at the start, if there's a disease then we already have it.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2013, 12:41:30 pm »

Plus, if we get an infection it'd be pretty easy to go to a church and get our sickness cured via the gods.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2013, 12:45:15 pm »

Or in Morrowind's case, the ancestor spirits and daedra. Plenty more shrines for them than the Imperial Cult.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2013, 12:46:49 pm »

Do you think they'll give blessings to us? At best we're agnostics. At worst we're worshipping gods that don't even exist in this dimension or don't believe in any gods at all.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2013, 12:48:58 pm »

Hey, they don't care as long as you give them an offering. Imperial cult people can get blessings from Tribunal and Ancestor shrines just fine.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2013, 12:57:07 pm »

We landed in a pool of swamp water at the start, if there's a disease then we already have it.
Intro didn't say anything about water getting in us, though, just on us, and not even on the eyes or whatnot. Depending on the particular bug, that might make a difference!

Mind you, Oregon Trail level life-sucks-you-die, while hilarious, might be taking things a little far. Depends on what, if anything, LB's running beyond vanilla. Though I guess we do have confirmation on one of the hunger/thirst mods, if nothing else. Totes need to find a way to use up some magicka and see if a magicka regen mod's running >_> Half makes me wish I could remember if any of the early/easier to find ingredients has damage magicka as a component...
Ask not!
Ask!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2013, 03:15:59 pm »

I don't think it's a modded game with fake hunger/thirst mechanics, I think it's like what if the guy was actually in that world.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2013, 03:52:46 pm »

Eh, without seeing the UI or confirmation of some sort from LB, it's... kinda' hard to tell. There's a few hunger/thirst/etc. mods for morrowind, after all. Playing guess the mod is fun, anyway :P
Ask not!
Ask!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2013, 04:03:31 pm »

Anyway, ask at the census office what the year and date is, and whether anyone got released to Seyda Neen on order from the Emperor recently.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2013, 05:49:32 pm »

I think Frumple is right about the mods. After all we did level up a skill moments ago.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2013, 06:55:24 pm »

We didn't get a little "Your acrobatics has increased" notification. Did you read the justification?

Anyway, you're not sure if you've "skilled up" acrobatics at all, but obviously you do have fatigue. Actually, in a way, Morrowind isn't so different from real life. You're sure if you were you to run around and jump a lot you'd tire quickly but you'd get better at it regardless of whether you were in Morrowind or not. That's basically what you just did.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2013, 08:37:12 pm »

We didn't get a little "Your acrobatics has increased" notification. Did you read the justification?

Anyway, you're not sure if you've "skilled up" acrobatics at all, but obviously you do have fatigue. Actually, in a way, Morrowind isn't so different from real life. You're sure if you were you to run around and jump a lot you'd tire quickly but you'd get better at it regardless of whether you were in Morrowind or not. That's basically what you just did.

Known stats
Acrobatics: 1
We don't have UI anyways. Doesn't mean we should rule out the possibility that we're actually skilling up.

EDIT: Perhaps we should both stop making assumptions. :P
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 161