Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 408451 times)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game
« Reply #315 on: June 14, 2013, 05:57:34 am »

Guys! We do not need the book for this; she wants to remember him, and the ring is the way to do it. Here is what we are going to do;
0. Make sure the guard is gone, and then apologize with all the heart-bleeding-feeling you've just experienced.
1. Tell her that you cannot get the book back now, but you might be able to get something else she lost (look foggy at this moment, like you've had a sight from the Nine Divines, as they say), if she tells you which "he" went missing. This will trigger the part of the quest normally gained through rumor.
2. Go find the body, and grab the money. You know where it is, and you can move fast...if of course it's still there. The murder is obviously unsolved, but the body could easily have been found and dealt with, and she'll tell you. Regardless, stop jumping to save energy for running.
3-1. If you gained corpse money/information, report to the effective police officer of this town about the murder, give him the taxes, and say that you are going to go investigate immediately.
3-2. If you learned 2 is already done, tell her that you will start investigating immediately to find her ring, then make those words the truth.
4. You already know who did it, but you should collect the information to make sure it's the same person this time. Also, not mixing up events.
5. Quietly and swiftly get a guard for the murderer, talk to them alone with the door ajar, in an attempt to get them to serve time instead of dieing needlessly. Let the guard do the fighting if they get violent, but help if you can. Make sure to get that ring.
6. Return the ring to Thavere, asking her if it will at all make up for what you took from her. You will mean it, too; why do these people have to be so much more gripping when they're right there in person?

This should be a speechcraft training quest.

Wait...last time I fought ONE opponent, I died. And you're suggesting I take on 7 at once?
Yep, looks like he has his memory back after all the mind-gabbing. His other selves experienced continuity, so he did too.

Micheal's Q&A Session; For When He Has A Moment:
Micheal: Wait, what? I died? When?
Specifically, we saw you go after the Comonna Tong guy on that murder investigation quest. Not sure if that answers "when".
Micheal: Just now? I don't remember dying.
Judging by your later response, I think you do. Does increasing layers of déjà vu like this bother you?
Micheal: Just like when I left the Balmora--wait, Balmora? Did I die once before? Because if I've died before and you guys are only now telling me about it...that's not cool. Seriously not cool.
Eh, sorry, but we voices didn't have any continuity that time; we just saw the déjà vu and quickly figured it was a save-restore thing. That fact, the memory-absence, would actually imply you didn't die that time, simply because dieing could be one of the reasons we saw it this time.
Micheal: If I really did die like you guys say, I'm probably going to have to spend the rest of my life now wondering if I'm the real me or just a copy.
Not an answer to a question, but I'm now completely certain you've read more interesting and uncommon FiM fiction than you've let on. There's too much sarcasm here for that not to be the case.
Micheal: Maybe you guys do, but answer me honestly: do you remember saving? Do you remember loading? Do you?
No! =D You were in the middle of a thought (while dead) and it just happened.
Micheal: Because if you don't, then you don't really know what happened, or why, do you?
We sorta do, it was probably the PC loading the save again; or in other words, your head-voices have many different levels of clue.
Micheal: Even if there are a million other mes in other realities, that doesn't mean I'm going to start casually killing them off just because it's convenient for me in this reality.
Also not for a question, but; good job Micheal, applying intelligence and moral fiber to save your life in the face of insanity.
Micheal: If you were you the ones here in Morrowind, would you want to give up your life back home and stay here?
Given both worlds have equivalent sentients, where could I do the most good? I could take a lot more torment if it meant my result would be greater...fighting factors are the relatively low population of Tamriel, versus the chance I could do things for Tamrielians no one else there could (where with the larger population of beneficiaries, I'm replaceable)... sorry if this makes your answer sound worse, but maybe you just didn't remember because of the previous moment?
Micheal: But having met a god, having chatted with him...how do you go from that to worshipping him?
Awkwardly and foolishly.
Micheal: Back home that would have made me crazy, but here that's a real thing, right?
Sorta. There isn't any such thing as true godhood; everyone can die eventually— somehow—, and every power has some kind of limit that defines it.
Micheal: All we have to do is do whatever Vivec and everyone did with the Heart of Lorkhan, right?
This makes us reliant on the heart, the heart of a god of mortality, and all those that have done so are "false gods", so apparently that's not all we have to do.
Micheal: Exactly what Dagoth Ur is doing now.
:[
Micheal: And even if it does still all go bad, being a god sounds pretty awesome doesn't it?
Not to me, not anymore. Most versions of "a god" throughout fiction tend to have very large sacrifices or strings attached, such as losing all agency to your followers, being turned into what your followers think you are, destroying or corrupting something more valuable to get your power, or just going to a heaven-like-thing and losing any interest-ability to help anyone else. So the process of becoming a god generally doesn't take much deviation to turn out extremely badly.

But at the very least I can talk to the guy, show him my letter of introduction from Ranis and see what he says. Whether or not we can actually make a deal right away, we should at least be able to find out if the offer is good. Does that work for everyone? Yes? Ok. Fastest way to Pelagiad from here is to walk from Seyda Neen."[/i]
Yes. Please continue after we have wrapped up stuff in Seyda Neen. Oh, and speaking of, we should climb up the stumps right outside the lighthouse for goodies. Did you ever find that goody, Micheal? You didn't seem to recall it. Perhaps collect some reagents and kill and mudcrab while we're at it.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 07:28:54 am by Nivim »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 14, 2013, 11:57:42 am »

Guys! We do not need the book for this; she wants to remember him, and the ring is the way to do it. Here is what we are going to do;
0. Make sure the guard is gone, and then apologize with all the heart-bleeding-feeling you've just experienced.
1. Tell her that you cannot get the book back now, but you might be able to get something else she lost (look foggy at this moment, like you've had a sight from the Nine Divines, as they say), if she tells you which "he" went missing. This will trigger the part of the quest normally gained through rumor.
2. Go find the body, and grab the money. You know where it is, and you can move fast...if of course it's still there. The murder is obviously unsolved, but the body could easily have been found and dealt with, and she'll tell you. Regardless, stop jumping to save energy for running.
3-1. If you gained corpse money/information, report to the effective police officer of this town about the murder, give him the taxes, and say that you are going to go investigate immediately.
3-2. If you learned 2 is already done, tell her that you will start investigating immediately to find her ring, then make those words the truth.
4. You already know who did it, but you should collect the information to make sure it's the same person this time. Also, not mixing up events.
5. Quietly and swiftly get a guard for the murderer, talk to them alone with the door ajar, in an attempt to get them to serve time instead of dieing needlessly. Let the guard do the fighting if they get violent, but help if you can. Make sure to get that ring.
6. Return the ring to Thavere, asking her if it will at all make up for what you took from her. You will mean it, too; why do these people have to be so much more gripping when they're right there in person?

I support this plan. We need to stop hopping around and actually DO something, and this sounds like a real, well-thought-out thing to do.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 14, 2013, 11:58:10 am »

I support this plan. We need to stop hopping around and actually DO something, and this sounds like a real, well-thought-out thing to do.

+1
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 14, 2013, 12:58:08 pm »

+1 as well, I retract my earlier suggestion.  Also, I've read that MLP fanfic too.  Both of them.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 14, 2013, 02:26:27 pm »

Im throwing my vote in with this.

On another note:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 14, 2013, 02:29:48 pm »

Has anyone else done this quest? The perp is Foryn Gilnith, a poor Dunmer fisherman. The evidence that leads to him in the investigation: he recently had an argument with Processus, according to the girlfriend, and the tax records found on the body show Foryn has the largest debt. When confronted he will confess, believing the taxman corrupt, and ask you to do the right thing by leaving him be.

He ambushed the taxman and strangled him, according to his story. He owns no weapons.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 14, 2013, 08:05:04 pm »

+1 as well, I retract my earlier suggestion.  Also, I've read that MLP fanfic too.  Both of them.

+1 here as well. Nicely laid out. I suggest Michael stop for more instructions if he can't get a helpful guard for step 5.

Also, the PC may have raided it by now, but since we're in Seyda Neen again, there's normally a nice little cache of goodies directly out of Arille's front door. At the edge of the platform, there's a stump below you with a hollow top, and IIRC there's some septims and a silver cup in there. There's also a magic axe nearby somewhere east of Seyda Neen in another tree stump, and while as an axe it's probably not going to be a good weapon for Michael, he could probably sell it for a decent amount. (On the other hand, it might be useful for hitting ghosts, if you wanted to go get Phynaster's Ring or other tomb goodies.)
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 14, 2013, 09:39:19 pm »

If we get a magic or silver weapon, we should get it in spear form. It's very easy to poke something in front of you, compared to hitting it effectively. There's a reason spear was one of the first weapons invented.

Anyway, that stump you're thinking of is Fargoth's hiding place. Selling that axe would be good too, but I can't remember where it is. Unless someone here knows exactly which stump, it'll be impossible to tell whether or not the PC's already taken it.

I think we can apprehend this guy. With guard's help. Just remember, we might feel sympathy for his reasons, but murder is wrong. This is in case of conscience. In actuality, I do feel somewhat bad about turning against him.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 15, 2013, 12:22:03 am »

If we get a magic or silver weapon, we should get it in spear form. It's very easy to poke something in front of you, compared to hitting it effectively. There's a reason spear was one of the first weapons invented.

Anyway, that stump you're thinking of is Fargoth's hiding place. Selling that axe would be good too, but I can't remember where it is. Unless someone here knows exactly which stump, it'll be impossible to tell whether or not the PC's already taken it.

I think we can apprehend this guy. With guard's help. Just remember, we might feel sympathy for his reasons, but murder is wrong. This is in case of conscience. In actuality, I do feel somewhat bad about turning against him.

No, I'm not talking about Fargoth's stump. This one wasn't a container. The stuff is just lying there out in the open, basically directly outside of the door to Arrille's shop. (The side with the walkway.) I did a quick wiki check to make sure I wasn't thinking of something that might have been in a mod, and was confirmed. (And in so doing found that apparently the axe is near the lighthouse, which should narrow down our chances of finding it if it's still there.)
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 15, 2013, 04:37:55 am »

The magcial flame axe? You get that by jumping up on the rocks around the lighthouse until you see a stump that you can just about reach. The axe only appears if you land directly on the stump.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 15, 2013, 08:16:23 am »

After thinking about this last night I'm thinking we tell the woman we'll help track the book down, but admit nothing. Then go somewhere and start working on algebra, trig and calc and whatnot. Try to remember the important (and non-important) formulas and give yourself a good few problems to work out. Since more of us seem to be leaning towards magic then this is the way to practice it, I would think. Reestablishing a firm grasp of our mathematical knowledge is likely the first step to grasping MorrowReal magic. Focus on stuff like graphing, the quadratic formula, and whatever else isn't coming to mind (it's been a few years since I've math'd).

I'd also figure various types of math are associated with the different branches of magic, so we should focus on solving a certain kind of problem for a bit before moving on. I'd suggest we stick with the basics of algebra first, as that was the example provided to us.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 15, 2013, 09:00:47 am »

After agreeing to the new quest, I'm supporting looking at Fargoths stash and finding this magical axe.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 15, 2013, 12:53:02 pm »

It's not in his stash. His is in a stump in a pond right off the balcony of the tradehouse. It contains a few hundred gold, a good lockpick, and his ring. Honestly, we shouldn't have talked to Hrisskar, because he'll be mad if we keep it all. Fargoth only hides his stuff there at midnight, and does it very cautiously. Selling the axe is still a good idea, though.

We should take Vodonius Nuccius's ring off his hands, too, so we'll get a discount from the strider lady here.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 15, 2013, 04:12:48 pm »

Note: Next update about a third done. Probably be up late tonight.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 15, 2013, 04:14:58 pm »

Woo!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 161