Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 408456 times)

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game
« Reply #780 on: July 09, 2013, 07:08:54 am »

Oh man, this is a pretty lillylivered play through.  Dodge fighting by claiming knowledge of a game we know is NOT vanilla morrowind?  Some townsfolk took out the ghoul, why you guys have no faith in the legion?

Here's my suggestion:
Grow a pair, say you said that stuff for jokes, leap on the silt strider and shout with raised sword, "For the Emperor!"
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Vrky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: July 09, 2013, 07:09:59 am »

Tell him that we know all this through visions, which are induced by Vivec
Say that Vivec often speaks to you in dreams, and that you even visited him. Say that you don't know why he does this, that he wouldn't tell you exactly why, but only that there is some greater puropse in you, and that you feel that it is up to you to help saving Vvanderfel.
If he believes you even remotely, say that you would like Legion to help you with both magical and combat training, because Vivec gave you great magic potential but no magic experience, and you will need magic to save people.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: July 09, 2013, 07:37:43 am »

Oh man, this is a pretty lillylivered play through.  Dodge fighting by claiming knowledge of a game we know is NOT vanilla morrowind?  Some townsfolk took out the ghoul, why you guys have no faith in the legion.
Because this isn't a ghoul, and they aren't sending a full fighting force, they are sending a minor scouting one. If they send a decent sized force, and follow decent tactics (which they probably won't be default, since they don't know the enemy) then I think there is a decent chance to take the thing out.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: July 09, 2013, 12:10:20 pm »

Scream LOOK A DISTRACTION! Then pretend like nothing ever happened...

If the general continues to be suspicious make VERY subtle suggestions regarding arrows and knees.

Ninja edit for the benefit of the people who had mild heart-attacks: Obvious joke is obvious.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 01:52:03 pm by The13thRonin »
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: July 09, 2013, 12:37:01 pm »

don't do any of the stupid things suggested

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: July 09, 2013, 12:46:37 pm »

SECONDED
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 09, 2013, 01:16:43 pm »

YES! Why are people suddenly demanding we be morons? Say all our intel is a joke then run off like a buffoon? Commit assault and antagonize the Legion for no reason? Seriously? This ain't no RTD!

Say that Vivec often speaks to you in dreams, and that you even visited him. Say that you don't know why he does this, that he wouldn't tell you exactly why, but only that there is some greater puropse in you, and that you feel that it is up to you to help saving Vvanderfel.
If he believes you even remotely, say that you would like Legion to help you with both magical and combat training, because Vivec gave you great magic potential but no magic experience, and you will need magic to save people.
Why must we give lame excuses? He knows we know what we're talking about, because we mentioned Illunibi. He doesn't believe in Vivec's divinity, so "visions from Vivec" would make us less credible. I still believe that any sort of reason we give would just give him something to doubt. Or something to see right through and mistrust us for lying about our sources. We'd have to think of something he wouldn't question too hard.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #787 on: July 09, 2013, 01:34:18 pm »

If we tell him we're imperial spies, he'll know we're lying. Telling him vivec sent us as some sort of 'Goodwill' agent...that makes more sense, right?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #788 on: July 09, 2013, 01:49:52 pm »

YES! Why are people suddenly demanding we be morons? Say all our intel is a joke then run off like a buffoon? Commit assault and antagonize the Legion for no reason? Seriously? This ain't no RTD!

Why must we give lame excuses? He knows we know what we're talking about, because we mentioned Illunibi. He doesn't believe in Vivec's divinity, so "visions from Vivec" would make us less credible. I still believe that any sort of reason we give would just give him something to doubt. Or something to see right through and mistrust us for lying about our sources. We'd have to think of something he wouldn't question too hard.

Agreed
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: July 09, 2013, 01:50:02 pm »

YES! Why are people suddenly demanding we have fun? Say all our intel is a joke then run off like a buffoon? Commit assault and antagonize the Legion for no reason? Seriously? This ain't no RTD!

Fixed that for you.

:P.

My suggestion was tongue-in-cheek obviously.

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: July 09, 2013, 01:54:28 pm »

Ha ha. Death is not fun. Its endless boredom.
Highly Opinionated Fool

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 09, 2013, 01:56:21 pm »

If death isn't fun why do 99% of games revolve around killing stuff?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 09, 2013, 02:37:16 pm »

Unfortunately, tounge-in-cheek suggestions aren't taken as such unless explicitly stated. For example, the orc date.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: July 09, 2013, 02:38:22 pm »

Unfortunately, tounge-in-cheek suggestions aren't taken as such unless explicitly stated. For example, the orc date.

The orc date?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: July 09, 2013, 02:40:02 pm »

Where we got owned. Literally.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 161