Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 408530 times)

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game
« Reply #930 on: July 22, 2013, 07:31:50 am »

It's heavy.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: July 22, 2013, 08:07:42 am »

Imperial Chain is medium, but I really think we should stick with light armor, hence why I suggest we sell what we got. The medium branch is, apparently, unfinished/incomplete, and heavy is too much of an issue with freedom of movement.

If you can't tell, I'm pushing hard to have Mike be a fighter focused on quick strikes and evasion more than anything else, because I think he'd excel in that style of fighting, especially supplemented with any magic we may get our hands on.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: July 22, 2013, 08:09:35 am »

No, no, I meant heavy as in weight wise. It's heavier than light.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: July 22, 2013, 08:54:54 am »

we're going to die if we listen to what you say and then the majority decides to raid a tomb or something.
I think this is pretty unlikely.  Almost everyone suggesting is extremely cautious.  Mike tried to talk his way out of the attack even with a detatchment of Legionnaires going in first.

after housing, alchemical tools should be our next target.
Good idea.

Do NOT interact with suspected nerevarines, including Clover, in any way that could benefit or harm them until we know who the actual Nerevarine is.
Agreed here too.  Everyone seems too eager to just tell everyone everything and hope they'll think Mike is amazing.  Mike should play his cards FAR more carefully.  Find the Nerevarine, sure.  Identify them, great.  But don't go giving them all kinds of info until we know whether we should be supporting them or supplanting them or something else.

Also, what's wrong with sticking with our current armor?
Quote from: Caius
I don't mind if you need to leave some things here for a few days while you get yourself sorted out, but I can't have legion armor sitting around and risk my cover. Stash it under the bed if you need for now, but get it taken care of."

Inquire about accomodation from Nileno Dorvayn at the Hlaalu Council Manor
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: July 22, 2013, 10:08:11 am »

I don't know nearly enough about the events of the game to truly suggest actions now. I would like to remind GM's note previously of doing more than minimal, menial tasks. And for that, we need goals.

What we know:
- We may be the Nerevarine
- The Player Character may be the Nerevarine
- They are advancing through the quest
- We are (mostly) free

What should we work towards, that does not include gear/house?
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: July 22, 2013, 10:18:22 am »

It's a good point - we also need to start getting information.

I think it's worth setting up our home base in Balmora, which means it's worth getting to know the various folks in town. Talk to them. Introduce yourself. See if they have any problems that need resolving. In particular get to know any adventurers who might be up for a few trips.

We should do this at whatever town we decide to walk to collecting ingredients as well - so a good question is, where do we want to go?

There's also another option - we could try to get together an adventuring team to loot the nearby Dwemer ruins or something.

Remember, our primary advantage over the game player is our ability to organize others and work with them and they with us, and we have KNOWLEDGE. Delicious, valuable knowledge. As I mentioned before, what we really want to do is become someone who can lead others to do things right. Alchemy is just a possible way to fund that, but if we can hire a wizard we don't actually need to learn any ourselves, or we can take our time.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: July 22, 2013, 10:25:30 am »

Remember, our primary advantage over the game player is our ability to organize others and work with them and they with us, and we have KNOWLEDGE. Delicious, valuable knowledge. As I mentioned before, what we really want to do is become someone who can lead others to do things right. Alchemy is just a possible way to fund that, but if we can hire a wizard we don't actually need to learn any ourselves, or we can take our time.

This has given me a thought. Once again, I lack the specific knowledge, but here are some suggestions inspired by this and previous posts:
- Attempt to make explosive projectile "potions". Think Greek Fire, flasks of acid, smoke bombs.

- Attempt basic electro-magnet to test whether real-world physics work. I'm fairly certain that wire, copper bits and a lemon battery would do the trick. We could potentially create some powerful items, quickly, using electricity (from controlled lightning) or magnets.

- See if we can obtain some Dwemer items. Automatons/power armor suits could be our way to the future.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: July 22, 2013, 12:52:05 pm »

We really ought to go see Yagrum Bagarn if we want to find out what kind of technology stuff is feasible. However, bear in mind that Dwemer Ruins have florescent lights and our cell phone still works here.

We do already have a spear, but it's an absolutely crappy chitin spear. Our current most powerful weapon is a steel longsword, which ingame weighs 20 and does 1-20 damage. A silver spear weighs only 11.2 yet does 5-23 damage, and is worth the same amount of money (80 septims). I just compared sizes in the construction set, and most spears in Morrowind are ~6ft long. Long enough to keep people at arm's length, but not so long as to be awkward up close. If people get right in our face, we can shove them off with the shaft, slide our grip further up so we can still stab them, or draw the tanto. The short spear + light shield combo is a tried and tested fighting style throughout human history, and going by weight, we should actually be able to handle the spear better in 1 hand than the longsword. 2-handing it would probably be best, though. If you're in a narrow hallway, you walk with spear pointed forward, making it nearly impossible for anything to get past it. Point it forward when a beast charges, use it's momentum against it. Reach up and stab cliff-racers. Pry things open with it. In short, get a silver spear.

Remember, in this world (known to have mods), things incomplete or absent in the game due to IRL gamey reasons might not be. Medium armor might not be so unfinished, and even the normal expansion packs and official plugins fixed the gaps in Medium Armor.

We can't keep avoiding PC's forever. We HAVE to interact with Clover, so we can find out exactly what's going on and figure our just who's the Nerevarine. We can't find out who's the Nerevarine if we keep avoiding the other candidates. In the meantime, getting an adventuring party together to loot Arkngthad sounds like a good idea, though bear in mind that Clover may have cleaned the place out when she went to go get the puzzle box. Starting a party might eventually lead to having permanent, trustworthy adventuring companions to do our bidding.

We're in the Blades now, so check if it's cheaper/free to operate out of the South Wall Cornerclub than renting somewhere else.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 12:57:31 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: July 22, 2013, 12:58:52 pm »

You know, the silver spear is a good idea, and has a good argument for it.
Support upgrading our spear to the silver spear
Support getting an adventuring party together to loot
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 01:21:23 pm by GlyphGryph »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: July 22, 2013, 01:00:31 pm »

Ordinarily, you're supposed to ask there to find Caius, but most players just stumble upon his house en-route to the club.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: July 22, 2013, 01:13:57 pm »

The South Wall Cornerclub is the Thieves Guild place.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: July 22, 2013, 01:19:55 pm »

Who are somewhat allied with the Blades. Doesn't hurt to check. That might be a good opportunity to see if one of us can speak through Michael's mouth, as Sugar-Lips could be a problem. Don't go in there with 200+ gold.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: July 22, 2013, 01:22:34 pm »

... naaaah, let's not go back to the Thieve's guild unless we are recruiting. I certainly wouldn't want to stay there or keep our stuff there unless we were members, which we aren't. Normal house it is!

Also, I just realized we probably need to worry about being robbed. >_>

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: July 22, 2013, 01:23:31 pm »

Once we earn his trust more, Caius will let us crash at his place.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: July 23, 2013, 06:01:27 am »

Cutoff for episode 36

Lots of good stuff for Michael. Update is half written. Probably be up tomorrow night.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 161