Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 408542 times)

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game
« Reply #960 on: July 26, 2013, 11:03:54 am »

Time to clarify some things about joining the fighters guild now that I'm not half asleep. Getting into the fighters guild is to get lodging, and hopefully storage. The jobs are a side benefit that we can do, but are not the main point. We cannot stay with Caius, because he is our boss, and staying with him will not be a point in our favor. We need to get as autonomous as possible, as soon as possible.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #961 on: July 26, 2013, 11:18:44 am »

Oh yeah, we need to find an apartment or something. Actually, I wonder how hard it would actually be to move into a place like a ruin... I'm starting to see why bandits like them so much.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: July 26, 2013, 01:19:36 pm »

We'd have to clear said ruin first, and it's illegal to live in an Ancestor tomb. Should we clear a cave, though, it would be viable. Just remember we wouldn't have access to law enforcement and would risk people coming in and stealing our stuff.

Isn't paying a small monthly due the ONLY obligation of the Fighter's Guild? If so, it would be worth our while. Much cheaper lodging and possibly storage. Bear in mind that storage is our priority, as we only need sleep to heal. If we get a safe place for our stuff in exchange for monthly dues alone, join the Fighter's Guild.

Test the possibility of poisoning our weapons. We actually have the authority to arrest the perp ourselves, and so could take leadership if we did get some guards together to apprehend him instead of following their stupid lead. With a paralysis weapon, subduing him would be much easier. REMEMBER: His bounty after confession was 4,000 gold. If we can pin another murder on him, we can legally kill him on the spot instead of giving him the chance to go downstairs to his friends.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: July 26, 2013, 01:36:13 pm »

What we could do... I've got it.

Hire someone from the fighter guild as 'bait'. Get some guards together together to apprehend the murderer, wait outside the door, and send someone THAT GUY in to say the same things you did previously to catch the murderer dude, preferably someone who is unarmored and generally doesn't look like a fighter. Preferably with some sort of magical defense or teleport or something

We'd be safe, we'd be there to make sure the guards don't do anything stupid, someone else would be taking the risk.

Man, we should have thought of this before - we KNOW he'll admit it now, and attack, or at least we suspect he will - it's only been a month, the potential for investigation shouldn't be dead - and we're in the perfect position to actually apprehend the guy. It's unlikely the Camona Tong will even have anything against US in particular for 'revenge' if they wanted it, since we are just another guard.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: July 26, 2013, 01:49:11 pm »

Not sure if we should actually try that again right now, though. We have other priorities and unfortunately there's not much of a clear gain for the risk and potential expense. We should still test weapon poisoning somehow, though.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 01:50:46 pm by HugoLuman »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 26, 2013, 02:00:54 pm »

Not much of a clear gain? Is the money we would gain not a clear gain?

...how much would we actually gain, again? >_>

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 26, 2013, 02:25:47 pm »

Also, the house is up for sale now; The guy might have been caught already.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 26, 2013, 02:30:11 pm »

True - someone else might have turned it in. Could we at least look into whether or not the guy was caught?

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 26, 2013, 02:42:06 pm »

If you don't mind, I'll chime in with my regular topic. We have a few suggestions.
What goal are we trying to achieve?

From what I gather we are looking to investigate the social/political situation in the town (Fighters' Guild, the arrest), earn money, and work towards permanent residency. Is this correct?

We may need to define a longer-term goal to work towards. That will help us plan, and maybe help the GM as well.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 26, 2013, 02:48:16 pm »

We're trying to accrue power, and magic is our best bet for accomplishing that. But magic requires money. So we're trying to acquire money.

The residency, investigating social/political situation, the fighters guild and the alchemy are all attempts to either increase the amount of money we have so we can acquire magic, and to help us accrue power directly.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: July 26, 2013, 07:20:33 pm »

Personally, I think we should be preparing for Events to come up again. We just got free of the Legion, but we didn't undo our time there. All that crap we saw happening there is still going on. Let's prepare, yes, but let's not be focusing on settling down. When Clover returns riddled in Corprus, or when Caius get's word of some other ending to the Illunibi affair, it will be time for us to act again. We can't just wander off and do something else.

We should use the few days we have to build our power, sure, but now is not the time to prepare for a Balmora career. For the mid/longterm, our plan should be "Saving the World for Fun and Profit."  We help against the current crisis, we cash in favors we earn for doing that as we go to get what we need. Very likely we'll be off to either Illunibi or Tel Fyr soon, and setting up our livelihood in Balmora likely will have to wait until after that journey.

Given the corruption around here, I'm going to guess that the murderer hasn't been apprehended yet, but it's worth checking. The information would be useful.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: July 26, 2013, 07:24:57 pm »

Finally caught up. Few notes:

We're almost dead, might wanna fix that yeah?

It seemed like a big hint to me that if we can figure out how to easily make mana potions, Fast Eddie would be our pal forever. I mean, shit man, void salts and diamonds to make a freaking restore magicka? That poor bastard. This makes alchemy look promising... But also risky. Since if we can't make a magicka potion easily, we're down money.

So it might be good to test all untested alchemical ingredients (once healed, because holy crap go heal you probably look like a walking corpse under your armor), and see if we can buy any alchemical reagents for the cheap that we haven't tested yet. If we have an easy, ready use of magicka restoring ingredients...

Well, I bet Fast Eddie has his own alchemical set, yeah? He said that we could just give him the ingredients and he could make it himself, implying he has them. We may not even need to buy the full set, just figure out if we can do such with cheaper ingredients and if so, explain to him as such and he might allow us to use his set.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: July 26, 2013, 07:49:38 pm »

By all means, test all our ingredients. Anything that will help us with magic.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: July 26, 2013, 08:45:51 pm »

Could we get a wagonget a pack animal or something instead of a house? Then we won't be as tied down.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 08:58:08 pm by GlyphGryph »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: July 26, 2013, 08:47:14 pm »

Wagon wouldn't be able to get around the island so well.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 161