Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 407512 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2013, 08:47:52 pm »

Skill numbers in games aren't arcane laws of physics that exist within context, controlling the destiny of all. They're representations to facilitate interacting with the game world. The fact that we are actually walking around instead of playing the game, UI and everything, just without a screen is fairly conclusive. We didn't swing at the mudcrab and hope for random chance of connecting as opposed to passing right through, we walked up and poked it. We didn't use some "middle mouse button" spell to access an inventory screen, we opened a backpack and jammed mushrooms in it.

Skilling up doesn't mean increasing a score, it means getting better at a skill. The number just represents that.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2013, 10:06:55 pm »

Episode 5: The plot thickens

Look around the village for anything else interesting
set in toward the standard seyda neen stuff
ask at the census office what the year and date is
check in with the census office
I'd personally be stripping the place to the ground

You thank Arille for his time and tell him you might be back later. He nods politely and says he'll be looking forward to it. Stepping out the door you you dump the mushrooms into the water to make room for piles of loot you're about to collect.

"No sense worrying over a couple septims." you figure. "I know where the good stuff is. There's a dagger and lockpick and other stuff at the census office. May as well start there."

You make it about halfway to the census office before you need to take a break from jumping. Looking around you notice that nobody else seems to be paying any particular attention to your jump/rest antics. After resting up you resume jumping and right as you get to the census office door...

It opens, and a female Dunmer steps out brandishing a knife.

You freeze for just a moment in shock, during which she brushes right past you and takes off through the town running and jumping with every step.

: "Hey!"

She ignores you and keeps run/jumping. You try to give chase but she's much faster than you are.

: "Come back!"

No good. She's crossing the bridge by the time you collapse in the middle of the roadway from exhaustion, and you watch her make a right in the direction of the stilt strider.

You really hope that was a modded event.

Turning back to the census office you step through the door and see your buddy Sellus Gravius.

: "Hey, did a dunmer just come barreling through here?"

: "...yes? Why do you ask?"

: "Did you get her name? Why was she here?"

He frowns at the question.

: "It's official Imperial business. Move along, citizen."

Your mouth opens and closes a few times but you can't think of anything to say. Eventually you mumble something about having business with the census office and that he shouldn't be bothered...you know the way. He just looks at you impassively as you walk through the next door.

Stepping through, you immediately turn to the barrel that should have Fargoth's healing ring.

It's empty.

You step through the next door, wishing, hoping, praying both to Celestia and Azura that there's a dagger and lockpick waiting for you.

"Damn it. She looted everything."

Turning to the bookcase, and checking the various baskets, they're all empty too. Feeling a bit down, you step through the next door and make a right.

Aha!

Looks like she skipped the storeroom. You quickly go through the various barrels and crates and loot everything you can. A few of the ingredients you're able to visually identify, but most of them you're not. After a minute or two you manage to come up with the following:

* 2 wooden buckets
 * 1 Wooden cup
 * 1 Pewter pitcher

* 2 little vegetable kind of things that look a bit like small orange potatoes
 * 2 bits of dried black hairy fibers that you're guessing are black lichen
 * 1 bits of dried green black hairy fibers that you're guessing is green lichen
 * 1 pulpy blob of stuff that kind of looks like somebody scraped out the insides of an alibnmo green pepper
 * 1 strip of some kind of dry plant
 * 2 strips of some other kind of dry plant
 * 1 berry that you're quite sure is a comberry
 * 1 hard, flat, squarish dark brown chunk of what looks like animal skin
 * 1 small strip of gooey pink flesh

Yeah. You know all the plant and animal parts are alchemy ingredients, but without mouseover texts you have no clue what most of these things are. On the bright side, everything except the buckets fit in your backpack pretty easily. You notice though, that a few of the alchemy ingredients are not entirely dry, so you put those in the smaller pouch of your backpack and the cup and pitcher in the main part of your backpack with your paper and pen. You remember that you've occasionally seen alchemy ingredients in-game on pieces of paper, and you figure that's probably to keep the moisture of the fleshier gooier ones from leeching into other things. You don't think it will be a problem, but if it becomes one with fresher ingredients, fortunately you have a big stack of paper.

Known stats
Acrobatics: 1

Healthy and sated.

Worn:
 * Denim pants, with pockets containing: cellphone and wallet with picture ID and $30 in cash
 * "20% cooler" Rainbow Dash t-shirt,
 * Tennis shoes

Spoiler: Backpack (click to show/hide)

What do you do?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2013, 10:38:06 pm »

All that stuff is crap. Oh well, we wouldn't have been able to get away with the limeware platter anyway :(

BTW, this is starting to remind me very much of this: http://www.skaarj.com/comic/archive.html

Don't waste our valueable note paper on wrapping, use paper from this world for that.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2013, 10:41:43 pm »

Welp, I think we've just met the PC. Here's hoping it doesn't turn out to be the psychopathic kind of PC...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2013, 11:31:51 pm »

Welp, I think we've just met the PC. Here's hoping it doesn't turn out to be the psychopathic kind of PC...
I dunno. I'm pretty sure every kind of PC can be pretty abusive in the right situation.... That just gave me the strangest sense of perspective. *shudders*

Also, crap. It looks like we're in a race. I wonder how experienced this PC is. Would you guys have skipped the storeroom? Was that lazy or noob?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2013, 11:38:29 pm »

I'd have skipped that, there ain't crap in there. I dunno if we're in a race, I mean, it's not as if anyone else expects us to be Nerevarine. Though, remembering a certain comic, she might be our ticket home.

Then again, the whole main quest might be the best way to get killed. I say we go to vivec so we can tell the one chancellor the location of the ebony mine, so he'll give us our choice of daedric weapon.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2013, 11:41:13 pm »

I tend to hit the storeroom, especially if I'm an alchemist. Even if not, all those ingredients are a few extra septims in exchange for negligible weight.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2013, 12:02:58 am »

I'd have skipped that, there ain't crap in there. I dunno if we're in a race, I mean, it's not as if anyone else expects us to be Nerevarine. Though, remembering a certain comic, she might be our ticket home.

Then again, the whole main quest might be the best way to get killed. I say we go to vivec so we can tell the one chancellor the location of the ebony mine, so he'll give us our choice of daedric weapon.
I meant a race for any items we intend to get, since chances are the PC (if he/she really is experienced) will be going for the same ones.

+1 to going to Vivec. I have no idea who that is but I do know that Daedric is for real ballers.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2013, 12:08:39 am »

Let's see if we're dealing with a player or a character first, though, to know how we stand. If she's not being controlled by someone at a computer somewhere, she might make a good ally.

Oh yeah, and it's this guy, who has an awesome name.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2013, 12:21:17 am »

Let's see if we're dealing with a player or a character first, though, to know how we stand. If she's not being controlled by someone at a computer somewhere, she might make a good ally.
What do you mean? We already know it isn't an npc.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2013, 12:57:58 am »

Or do we? If she's just the Nerevarine, acting of her own crazed will, we could convince her to complete quests in a way the benefits us.

If we're in someone else's Morrowind game and that's their avatar, then that would be good to know as well. If that were the case, perhaps we could convince this person to use the ~ console for us.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2013, 01:01:01 am »

Or do we? If she's just the Nerevarine, acting of her own crazed will, we could convince her to complete quests in a way the benefits us.

If we're in someone else's Morrowind game and that's their avatar, then that would be good to know as well. If that were the case, perhaps we could convince this person to use the ~ console for us.
Okay, I had to google that just to know what the hell you were talking about, but my money is on either us being in someone else's Morrowind, or we have a roommate thats playing Morrowind on our computer.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2013, 01:04:37 am »

Or, even trippier:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2013, 01:16:35 am »

Or, even trippier:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My god...

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2013, 01:37:11 pm »

Okay, the fact that there is a PC running around terrifies me. This means that we should act as though this were the worst case scenario. We will be dealing with a PC who is a complete psychopath, who will liberally depopulate entire settlements in order to achieve their ends and will do all Daedric quests to their completion for immense power.

This means we have only one recourse. Use the world against the PC. The PC will most likely attempt a powerbase in Balmora. I say we make ours in Vivec. Our goal will be nothing more than continually training ourselves into becoming an absolute combat monster via every exploit we know. We should also acquire a full library of the 36 Lessons of Vivec with our ultimate goal the attainment of CHIM.

For in the beginning was the Word: ALMSIVI. We are that word.
-J-
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 01:39:17 pm by Jarod Cain »
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 161