Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 408377 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2013, 01:48:04 pm »

I feel like I'm really missing something.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2013, 03:31:32 pm »

It is my personal belief that CHIM is either complete BS or a joke/easteregg, as it is mentioned exactly once in all the lore (in a book written by a lying false god, no less). For some reason, however, everyone takes it as definitively proven gospel on how the world of TES works.

Also, I think that's a bit of an overreaction. Let's just see whether we're dealing with someone of this world or if it's someone from our world playing the game.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2013, 04:07:55 pm »

Interesting that the PC didn't seem interested in our modern clothing. I assume that they've done this before, since they didn't stop to look around the town.

Okay, the fact that there is a PC running around terrifies me. This means that we should act as though this were the worst case scenario. We will be dealing with a PC who is a complete psychopath, who will liberally depopulate entire settlements in order to achieve their ends and will do all Daedric quests to their completion for immense power.
That's not the worst case scenario. The worst case scenario has them have time powers (load/save) and the ability to destroy this plane (deleting the save). (If we're really being paranoid, they'll assume we're part of some bizarre virus, and we'll want new clothes.)

Since there's no way to test these, I don't think there will ever be a safe way to fight the PC, even if exploits could bring us up to that level. We should probably try to be interesting or something, so they won't want us dead. Maybe we'll be able to create original spell effects?

I vote heading to Balmora to join the mages guild and trying to get magic training. We might be able to return home if we get enough Mysticism.

Emilooo440

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Monger Of The Cheeses
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2013, 04:21:58 pm »

Attempting to fight the PC (if we are dealing with a PC that is) would be foolish since if they don't overpower and kill us they would reload or get frustrated and quit the game (which could have devastating effects). However them having superior stats/abilities is suggesting that we are even dealing with The Nerevarine. Just because they got off the boat that the nerevarine gets off etc. the fact that there's a second self-aware being might change the rules slightly or even drastically. On the subject of being an "interesting NPC" you could assassinate an essential NPC (warning possible world-breaking) and simply take their place with minor alterations. Original spell effects might work however it sounds implausible, or perhaps it is very possible to teleport yourself out of the game, this is up for testing, Or alternatively, and least plausible, is that Tamriel (or at least this version) and the planet it is located on is in the "real" universe and arcane arts have teleported you away from your own planet and put you in Morrowind.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2013, 04:29:36 pm »

... yeah, if exploits and whatnot were involved, there's nothing quite as simple or as gamebreaking as a plain ol' soultrap glitch, which insofar as I can remember not even the community patch fixes. Takes maybe 20-30 minutes from go time to have pretty much every stat you please in the thousands and any buff effects you want, to any degree you want them, on you permanently. And that's ignoring stuff like a good old memory editor, ha.

So it'd probably hopefully* be fair to just assume that sort of thing, at least, isn't going to happen. We'll have to see how the rest of it goes.

As for the next what-do... if that was the PC, they apparently dipped right out of town. Which would possibly entail they left the stump axe and elf-dude's stash alone. Checking with the census dude if there's anything you can do might reveal if or if not tax-guy's still unfound, and if he is still missing, then Seyda Neen's probably mostly untouched and we should probably loot what's relatively moral to loot.

*Because if they were going for soultrap godhood, balmora is pretty much the quickest spell maker to reach >_>
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2013, 06:07:12 pm »

Well, they were just out of the census office, so they couldn't have already done stuff around town.

Why would we have to try and blend in? If they're the Nerevarine, then we don't have to worry about getting switched off. If they're a player, showing something clearly not possible in the game (like the pen) could make us interesting. It's not like every Morrowind player is automatically on a paranoid "Ima look thru mah game and see if its all infiltrated by SCP's!" hunt.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2013, 06:14:54 pm »

Well, they were just out of the census office, so they couldn't have already done stuff around town.

Why would we have to try and blend in? If they're the Nerevarine, then we don't have to worry about getting switched off. If they're a player, showing something clearly not possible in the game (like the pen) could make us interesting. It's not like every Morrowind player is automatically on a paranoid "Ima look thru mah game and see if its all infiltrated by SCP's!" hunt.
I will be.

Still, we'd better go to Vivec and notify him about this.
Also, aquire necessary components for Intelligence potions.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2013, 06:17:26 pm »

I dunno about that, might get Ordinators on our ass. And much as we might want to mess with them, we wouldn't want to yet.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2013, 06:18:42 pm »

I dunno about that, might get Ordinators on our ass. And much as we might want to mess with them, we wouldn't want to yet.
Who?
As you can tell, I'm not the of yet playing Morrowind.
I heard have the about Morrowind Singularity, though.
Sig! Onol

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2013, 07:08:06 pm »

Vivec is filled with Ordinators, the guards of the Tribunal temple. They grudgingly follow Imperial law but are fairly extremist about their religion, and are complete assholes.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2013, 08:35:01 pm »

Nah, they could have been coming back out after the tax collector stuff. Or a couple other points, actually. One of which is fairly late into the game, iirc, though the N's getup if that were the case is a little unusual.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2013, 08:39:56 pm »

This whole time I thought Vivec was a person. *facepalm*

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2013, 08:40:26 pm »

But ... wasn't he? I thought he was a god guy.
Sig! Onol

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2013, 08:49:35 pm »

But ... wasn't he? I thought he was a god guy.
Well one guy say 'Vivec is filled with Ordinators', which I think are people, so maybe he has a really big butt hole? I'm just speculating.

...might get Ordinators on our ass.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2013, 09:23:20 pm »

There's the god Vivec, living in a city he humbly named after himself. According to the sermons he wrote, he can make his butt hole or any part of his body as large or small as he wants, implying that he takes it up the butt from the Daedra.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 161